United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 11-06-2024, 01:39 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRonManager View Post
There's this weird mystique that surrounds international football, as though it's the pinnacle of the game; it's not, it's shite.

The vast majority of teams you're going to face would struggle in the Championship, and the vast majority of players in those teams are League one at best with, maybe, the odd top pro - who, frankly, look like they'd rather be anywhere else in the world - thrown in for good measure. Funny how Stig Olafssen and Morton Gudmunsen couldn't get Haaland to the Euros eh?
This is why anyone who knows ball understands that Southgate managing any top flight team, let alone Manchester United, would be a massive disaster.

I bet he has ketchup with steak.

Unread 11-06-2024, 01:44 PM
BigRonManager

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
This is why anyone who knows ball understands that Southgate managing any top flight team, let alone Manchester United, would be a massive disaster.

It would be the final straw quite frankly. And genuinely too, not the rawk style "oooh please come back" style flounce. Getting properly fed up with the lot of it. Even the optimism of Ratcliffe lasted about 5 minutes.

Unread 11-06-2024, 01:51 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
It would be the final straw quite frankly. And genuinely too, not the rawk style "oooh please come back" style flounce. Getting properly fed up with the lot of it. Even the optimism of Ratcliffe lasted about 5 minutes.
Is it the steak or the ketchup that riles you most?

Unread 11-06-2024, 02:57 PM
History

Quote:
There's this weird mystique that surrounds international football, as though it's the pinnacle of the game; it's not, it's shite.

The vast majority of teams you're going to face would struggle in the Championship, and the vast majority of players in those teams are League one at best with, maybe, the odd top pro - who, frankly, look like they'd rather be anywhere else in the world - thrown in for good measure. Funny how Stig Olafssen and Morton Gudmunsen couldn't get Haaland to the Euros eh?
Why team Chemistry plays quite a huge part imo. The reason Barcelona (basically) won the euros and wc within 2 years

I actually had a bit of respect for Southgate when he used to stick to his 'favourites' as at least it allowed team continuity but binning alot of people off to bring in unproven 'in form' players is baffling to me. Yes one or two but he's left alot players out who haven't actually let him down

That makes me even more wary of the possibility of him

Unread 11-06-2024, 03:20 PM
croady26

Could have won World Cup and Euros but still wouldn't want him anywhere near this club

Unread 11-06-2024, 04:24 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:

What's wrong with that?

Unread 11-06-2024, 04:26 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post
What's wrong with that?
Mate…

Unread 11-06-2024, 04:39 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
Is there a poll ?

Under no circumstances do I want Gareth Southgate at Manchester united,the could win the league in his first year here and I'd actively want him out....

It's worse than when Moyes joined, even the prospect of it...
This!

Unread 11-06-2024, 05:01 PM
Harry Flashman

Let's hope England win the tournament and the FA offer him a further contract.

Anyone in charge who thinks that dullard is Man Utd manager material needs to go for a long stroll on Symi.

Unread 11-06-2024, 05:20 PM
Dr Stranger

Can people stop talking about Southgate coming here please?

The dogs are howling and it’s setting off all the car alarms in the street.

Unread 11-06-2024, 07:53 PM
andyroo

Quote:
What's wrong with that?

Unread 11-06-2024, 08:07 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Mate…
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo View Post
Let's not fall out now, lads.

Unread 11-06-2024, 08:24 PM
naes_sean

Quote:

Quote:
What's wrong with that?

Unread 11-06-2024, 10:05 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRonManager

Spot on. It's why England routinely cruise through qualifying and then as soon as they meet France or whoever in a big tournament they buckle.

International football is for the most part shit. When it comes to the tournaments, especially the latter stages a lot comes down to minor tactical tweaks and luck. Most of the players are all £#%&!ing exhausted as well. Except obviously if you're Italy in 2021 and drugged up to the eyeballs.

Unread Today, 12:54 PM
doudou

Unread Today, 01:03 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou View Post
The annoying thing is, that's actually their house as well ..

Unread Today, 01:03 PM
no fun

Quote:
Having watched that I’ve changed my mind about national service

Unread Today, 01:04 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Men who pay for onlyfans did this.

Unread Today, 01:05 PM
doudou