United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 14-03-2017, 12:04 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I've barely criticised Mourinho this season. It's just that when I had it's stood out because nobody else is.
um..... ok.

and I can't be accused of inconsistency on this point either.

Unread 14-03-2017, 12:05 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb

it had all the hallmarks of a classic united away cup tie versus a heavyweight opponent... we were totally in control of what we were doing, playing much of the game in their half, carrying a real threat of moving them around and exposing them... it reminded me of the superb performance in the CL tie down there...

the red card completely trashed the match.
Yep. Spot on.

Unread 14-03-2017, 12:06 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Why would I blame the players for the system we set up with?

I've barely criticised Mourinho this season. It's just that when I had it's stood out because nobody else is. Just like last season any defence of Van Gaal stood out because everyone blamed him for everything.

If you're searching for inconsistencies maybe look a little closer to home.
If the boys haven't done enough, i'll whip 'em.

but I ain't whipping 'em for that.

Unread 14-03-2017, 12:07 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb

it had all the hallmarks of a classic united away cup tie versus a heavyweight opponent... we were totally in control of what we were doing, playing much of the game in their half, carrying a real threat of moving them around and exposing them... it reminded me of the superb performance in the CL tie down there...

the red card completely trashed the match.
it certainly did.
soft as £#%&! too, although Herrera didn't have to hang a leg out like he did.

..but that's no excuse for Jose immediately bringing that £#%&!ing scarecrow on & killing any chance of Footballing our way out of the shit.

Unread 14-03-2017, 12:08 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
If the boys haven't done enough, i'll whip 'em.

but I ain't whipping 'em for that.
if only we still had Van Dull as our manager

S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
um..... ok.

and I can't be accused of inconsistency on this point either.
Sorry pal

utd99

Quote:
Why would I blame the players for the system we set up with?

I've barely criticised Mourinho this season. It's just that when I had it's stood out because nobody else is. Just like last season any defence of Van Gaal stood out because everyone blamed him for everything.

If you're searching for inconsistencies maybe look a little closer to home.
Not being inconsistent at all. I'll take this United over Van Gaal's any day of the week. Mourinho had a problem going into this game because the opposition are better than us, at home, and playing with confidence. Had he tried to play more expansively we could have gotten trounced. They break with pace and precision, we do not. Conte has benefitted from taking over a squad chock full of quality (Which Mourinho assembled) but low on confidence (because Mourinho is also a fruitcake). To that he was able to add an absolute outlier in Kante for next to nothing, but let's not pretend that the job Conte took on was anywhere near the task that Mourinho has on his hands.

Lets judge him and his style after the same period Van Gaal had.

Unread 14-03-2017, 12:09 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
if only we still had Van Dull as our manager
Van Dull

Unread 14-03-2017, 12:09 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Yes, he's working hard. I admit the results have been a tad frustrating thus far, though.
It's not working.

Unread 14-03-2017, 12:10 AM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
It's not working.

have a day off

Unread 14-03-2017, 12:11 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
It's not working.
We won our first trophy last week you soft @#%&!.

Unread 14-03-2017, 12:11 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Not being inconsistent at all. I'll take this United over Van Gaal's any day of the week. Mourinho had a problem going into this game because the opposition are better than us, at home, and playing with confidence. Had he tried to play more expansively we could have gotten trounced. They break with pace and precision, we do not. Conte has benefitted from taking over a squad chock full of quality (Which Mourinho assembled) but low on confidence (because Mourinho is also a fruitcake). To that he was able to add an absolute outlier in Kante for next to nothing, but let's not pretend that the job Conte took on was anywhere near the task that Mourinho has on his hands.

Lets judge him and his style after the same period Van Gaal had.
And to think I was accused of making excuses.

Should have let me know last season when the standard were so low that the next step was breaking the world transfer record, spending another fortune and then accepting that a mid table side from last year is miles ahead of us.

Utter joke

Unread 14-03-2017, 12:15 AM
Ethers

Quote:
It's not working.
No future.

dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith

State.

waynes ear's

Quote:

Fickle £#%&!ing @#%&!s.

Unread 14-03-2017, 12:16 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Incredible isn't it.

Unread 14-03-2017, 12:17 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:

Utter joke
yeah you are you absolute £#%&!ing tit

Tumescent Throb

Quote:

Can't agree with that at all tbh. But again opinions and that.
wasn't asking you to.

S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
yeah you are you absolute £#%&!ing tit
There is just no blunting your wit is there pal?

Unread 14-03-2017, 12:18 AM
armchair

obviously it wasn't throb's fault but i'll be deleting all future match threads from him as it was his fault.