United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-12-2008, 11:07 PM
Luffy

the way he went off, it was one of those moments where he looked like he didnt want to shake the manager's hand or his team mate who was coming on. can't remember if he did or not, but he shook his head at fergie and was like "why me?"

its one thing being disappointed to be subbed and another to be like "oh ffs why are you taking me off when that fat scouser is still on? what about park?"

it suggests he thinks he was playing better than others and has his own opinions on who else should have gone off. A better attitude would be "what do I have to do to be first choice" rather than pointing at someone you think you're better than. mis-placed arrogance and lack of team ethic.

but mainly, questioning the manager in public like that - he's making a habit of it now. do it behind closed doors if you must, but not when your face is all over the tv, he always makes sure to do something before he leaves the pitch.

we did look better than we do with berbatov though, but I'm of the opinion that our system benefits a striker who is quick and mobile and makes good runs. Which is why we look so much better with tevez there ahead of dimi, but also I think that any other quick and mobile striker would have a similar effect.

Villa, Benzema? yes please.

Unread 21-12-2008, 11:15 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
the way he went off, it was one of those moments where he looked like he didnt want to shake the manager's hand or his team mate who was coming on. can't remember if he did or not, but he shook his head at fergie and was like "why me?"

its one thing being disappointed to be subbed and another to be like "oh ffs why are you taking me off when that fat scouser is still on? what about park?"

it suggests he thinks he was playing better than others and has his own opinions on who else should have gone off. A better attitude would be "what do I have to do to be first choice" rather than pointing at someone you think you're better than. mis-placed arrogance and lack of team ethic.

but mainly, questioning the manager in public like that - he's making a habit of it now. do it behind closed doors if you must, but not when your face is all over the tv, he always makes sure to do something before he leaves the pitch.

we did look better than we do with berbatov though, but I'm of the opinion that our system benefits a striker who is quick and mobile and makes good runs. Which is why we look so much better with tevez there ahead of dimi, but also I think that any other quick and mobile striker would have a similar effect.

Villa, Benzema? yes please.
What makes you think that?

Unread 22-12-2008, 09:27 AM
antonin jablonsky

I notice in 122 minutes in Japan with Tevez on the pitch we managed zero goals from open play, in 58 minutes without him we managed 4.

Then again I think he's an excellent player who we should hopefully keep 'cos it isn't necassary to slaughter one United player in order to praise another.

Unread 22-12-2008, 09:29 AM
Whalefish

Unread 22-12-2008, 09:32 AM
keano's love

I certainly hope so!

get in michael owen pls.

Unread 22-12-2008, 09:34 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by keano's love
I certainly hope so!

get in michael owen pls.
I'd prefer Frazier Campbell personally, younger, quicker, not a dipper and not perma-injured.

Unread 22-12-2008, 09:37 AM
keano's love

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I'd prefer Frazier Campbell personally, younger, quicker, not a dipper and not perma-injured.
did you watch him for spurs yesterday. Hopeless. absolutely no chance he will make it at united.

Unread 22-12-2008, 09:40 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
did you watch him for spurs yesterday. Hopeless. absolutely no chance he will make it at united.
He played for 26 minutes.

Unread 22-12-2008, 12:52 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
First two were unlucky, 3rd was a bad miss. At least he got into those positions unlike Pavlolchenko.

Unread 22-12-2008, 12:54 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
First two were unlucky, 3rd was a bad miss. At least he got into those positions unlike Pavlolchenko.
Personally I think he'd be a nice additional option for the last few months of the season. Bags of pace, which we don't have.

Unread 22-12-2008, 12:54 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
I can't see him going anywhere. Certainly not in January.

Terrific little player.
Could he soon reach "Little Gem " status?

Unread 22-12-2008, 12:55 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Yup, runs 100m in the time it takes diamonds to form.

Unread 22-12-2008, 02:40 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
At the end of the day I think he's a terrific little player.
He could become a 'Little Gem' but I'm just taking it one game at a time..."Lollipops"..etc

Unread 22-12-2008, 02:54 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I notice in 122 minutes in Japan with Tevez on the pitch we managed zero goals from open play, in 58 minutes without him we managed 4.
And conceded 3. I never realised his defensive work had that much of an impact tbh.

Unread 22-12-2008, 02:57 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
And conceded 3. I never realised his defensive work had that much of an impact tbh.
I know, he should be filling in for Evra at left back during his ban.

Unread 22-12-2008, 03:06 PM
Father Christmas

OP has missed a big opportunity here. Thread title should have course been: "So Tevez will be off then?"
Closed Thread