Unread 11-02-2024, 07:41 PM
larry

oyesyes from onono

Unread 11-02-2024, 07:45 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth View Post
Thought he was Mom.
He was deffo up there, 5/6 really good saves....

It's easy to slate a keeper when he conceded, they don't get praise for saves ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria View Post
The least we can expect, frankly. Only more of the same will do.
You always do this ric, this was above the "least you'd expect"

Unread 11-02-2024, 07:50 PM
westcoastvan

He did good. I've been critical, but....he kept United in the game.

Unread 11-02-2024, 08:05 PM
The taste of...

That dive into feet to block on Watkins when he was clean through.
Normal keeper stuff really. All we were asking.

Dave collapses to his knees on his goal line there

Unread 11-02-2024, 08:05 PM
Zorg

Thumbs up

Obviously would like to whack him round the head with a frying pan but fair play, he made some top saves today.

Unread 11-02-2024, 08:10 PM
Bobby C

Every shot was right at him imo

#jurystillout

Unread 11-02-2024, 08:40 PM
Neo

Made some decent saves, with a good mix of dives, blocks and smothers.

Distribution was absolute dogshit. Wasn't this supposed to be his best attribute?

Can't remember the last time I saw him ping a pass that genuinely impressed me. Maybe away at Spurs back in August.

Unread 11-02-2024, 09:28 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post

Distribution was absolute dogshit. Wasn't this supposed to be his best attribute?

Can't remember the last time I saw him ping a pass that genuinely impressed me. Maybe away at Spurs back in August.
The one to garnacho last week?

Agree though - distribution beyond the first defender is generally dire.

Unread 11-02-2024, 09:31 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

did very well today, although was a bit lucky when one deflected wide that he was slow to react to.

Unread 11-02-2024, 09:34 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post

I think that will come with confidence. He’s got the ability to ping a ball out.

Unread 11-02-2024, 11:44 PM
armchair

I think we see now the idea isn't to distribute it so we can play great football. It's about time-wasting when in the lead.

Unread 12-02-2024, 12:05 AM
Bunker Buster

His main and favourite outlet is Martinez, guess it's tough passing to harry and he just slides it back to you, Martinez is progressive from the back ...

He did kick a through ball to nacho last game and had a couple of throws today that built attacks....

A settled back four is essential for a sweeper keepoh...

Unread 12-02-2024, 12:11 AM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
His main and favourite outlet is Martinez, guess it's tough passing to harry and he just slides it back to you, Martinez is progressive from the back ...

He did kick a through ball to nacho last game and had a couple of throws today that built attacks....

A settled back four is essential for a sweeper keepoh...
And a back four that pass the ball forward.

Unread 03-03-2024, 11:20 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Thought he was excellent first half. Could have maybe done more with the 2nd… maybe… probably harsh.

Unread 03-03-2024, 11:25 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic View Post
Thought he was excellent first half. Could have maybe done more with the 2nd… maybe… probably harsh.
Agree.

On the second, that’s the microscope he has to live under for the foreseeable, due to the string of errors he made in the early part of the season, but he’s definitely doing better now than then, hopefully settling in to the role. We just need to get a settled back four in front of him, with players who aren’t afraid of the ball.

Unread 04-03-2024, 12:02 AM
Lok

In the first half he looked like the keeper we all thought we were getting.

Unread 04-03-2024, 12:08 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok View Post
In the first half he looked like the keeper we all thought we were getting.
he's been ok for a few games now. he can't stop everything.

Unread 04-03-2024, 01:48 AM
armchair

One bad attempted save but he was good today. He's improved a lot since signing. He's a lot more commanding now.

Unread 04-03-2024, 02:06 AM
Stickman

looked like a flimsy wrist on Fodens second.

Unread 04-03-2024, 12:18 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
One bad attempted save but he was good today. He's improved a lot since signing. He's a lot more commanding now.
yeah much better on the whole. Poor for Foden's second but did well otherwise.