United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Food and Drink
Reply
 
Unread 24-07-2022, 06:24 PM
Finport Red
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by big chief
Wife wishes Heinz soup, beans etc

I bought Aldi soup & beans

She loved the latter. Twas half the price
Regardless of the cost/taste/value implications of this post, it reads better than some poetry I’ve seen.

Good work.
 
Unread 24-07-2022, 06:25 PM
tatty
 
Default

Apparently, the inflation 'bullwhip' effect will start appearing soon on discretionary stuff as the supply chain eases up, recession bites and the backdated orders start being delivered.

It won't apply to gas, electric etc but if you're after a new tv you're going to be laughing.
 
Unread 24-07-2022, 06:30 PM
Finport Red
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
Apparently, the inflation 'bullwhip' effect will start appearing soon on discretionary stuff as the supply chain eases up, recession bites and the backdated orders start being delivered.

It won't apply to gas, electric etc but if you're after a new tv you're going to be laughing.
“you’ll eat nothing, but you’ll be happy.”
 
Unread 24-07-2022, 06:42 PM
measlyshark
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Chippy is getting even worse

Chippy tea last night....a fish is now £6

Brexit c***s
Just Fish? Cod and chips are £9 here now. Think Gladeside chippy was better as well.
 
Unread 24-07-2022, 06:42 PM
Switching Off
 
Default

At least the government are getting on with the job and doing something about it.
 
Unread 24-07-2022, 06:43 PM
Bunker Buster
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
I’m no Einstein type, but I’d say the word ‘convenience’ gives a hint as to why.

It’s the value for money equation, innit?

Anyway, at £1, the milk in the Co-op used to be 20p or more cheaper than Tesco.
Co op has NEVER been cheaper than a big supermarket.....

The price in these small shops are dispicable....
 
Unread 24-07-2022, 06:46 PM
thatsfuctit
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Milk and eggs delivered, no change...

Unsure why anyone would shop at co op or spar, the very local small convenience stores have always been 20/30p more than big supermarkets for ever...

Market
Dairy delivery
Lidil 4 lyfe
They have gone up at Asda too, but if I just need milk I sometimes go to the 'convenience' store, and the increase is more apparently if that is all I am buying. 4 pinters of milk are £1.45 at Asda, so 2 for £2.90.
 
Unread 24-07-2022, 06:46 PM
Finport Red
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Co op has NEVER been cheaper than a big supermarket.....

The price in these small shops are dispicable....
Our one was for milk.
 
Unread 24-07-2022, 06:48 PM
Mr_Ed
 
Default

Have you seen the size of chocolate bars these days? Prices still go up and they also counter by reducing the size of the bar.

Cadbury bastards:
 
Unread 24-07-2022, 06:48 PM
no fun
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by measlyshark
Just Fish? Cod and chips are £9 here now. Think Gladeside chippy was better as well.
Yea 6 quid for a fish

Chips £2.30

Never used gladeside chippy I’m not that common

Spark rd in Royal Oak or wendover rd for me
 
Unread 24-07-2022, 06:53 PM
Finport Red
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Have you seen the size of chocolate bars these days? Prices still go up and they also counter by reducing the size of the bar.

Cadbury bastards:
A Mars bar is now the size of the old snack size. And the snack size are about the same size as the fun size was. We’ll need a magnifying glass to pick out a celebration when Christmas gets here.


And the supermarkets need a good shoeing for their petrol prices. Used to be a couple of pence cheaper. The one round our way is currently 15p a litre dearer than the garage 200 yards up the road.
 
Unread 24-07-2022, 06:57 PM
tatty
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
At least the government are getting on with the job and doing something about it.
Labour are absolutely right to try and accuse the government of not doing enough to stop inflation.

It's nonsense of course because governments can do very little (that is politically palatable) to alleviate inflation.

I suppose they could create even more money and helicopter it down to voters but I'm not entirely sure how that is going to help in the long run.
 
Unread 24-07-2022, 07:00 PM
measlyshark
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Yea 6 quid for a fish

Chips £2.30

Never used gladeside chippy I’m not that common

Spark rd in Royal Oak or wendover rd for me
Christ. I'd assumed it was this price here because of Tourists, pretty much the same.

Gladeside was a lot closer than Hall Lane chippy near the park. Worth the risk of bombing over the 56 as rapidly as possible....

We went in pairs at least....
 
Unread 24-07-2022, 07:01 PM
Finport Red
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
Labour are absolutely right to try and accuse the government of not doing enough to stop inflation.

It's nonsense of course because governments can do very little (that is politically palatable) to alleviate inflation.

I suppose they could create even more money and helicopter it down to voters but I'm not entirely sure how that is going to help in the long run.
They could speak up about the fact that fuel prices aren’t going down. They could demand that they do. They could threaten to hit them with a windfall tax if they don’t reduce them immediately. The prices would be down everywhere within a week.
 
Unread 24-07-2022, 07:01 PM
suedeshoes
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Have you seen the size of chocolate bars these days? Prices still go up and they also counter by reducing the size of the bar.

Cadbury bastards:
This post appears every year.
 
Unread 24-07-2022, 07:07 PM
My Name is Heath
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
Regardless of the cost/taste/value implications of this post, it reads better than some poetry I’ve seen.

Good work.


Whatever happened to the haiku thread?
 
Unread 24-07-2022, 07:10 PM
Finport Red
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
This post appears every year.
It seems a bit smaller this year.
 
Unread 24-07-2022, 07:17 PM
Mr_Ed
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
This post appears every year.
Maybe they should stop doing it then
 
Unread 24-07-2022, 11:37 PM
Chorlton74
 
Default

Haven't Tesco told Heinz to f*** off?

How does co-op continue to exist? Continual wum's.
 
Unread 25-07-2022, 12:56 AM
guerreiro
 
Default

I don’t know how anyone keeps track of prices. I do the weekly shop, chuck it in the trolley and just pay whatever they say. Completely oblivious.

I should get a reward for being a perfect customer tbh.
Reply
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Food prices
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
‘Food deserts’ and ‘food poverty’ Guardian style Hands of Scone Food and Drink 35 13-10-2018 12:34 PM
Top 10 food countries for eating food well and stuff forzagarza Food and Drink 15 14-04-2010 01:10 PM
"We need the food, because it's food and stuff. And organic food is good also..." Serenity Now Food and Drink 4 27-07-2009 03:36 AM
UK food prices rise 8.3% in 2008 Mr_Ed Food and Drink 7 05-09-2008 10:04 AM
Indian food makes Chinese food taste like Fuzzy Dunlop Food and Drink 24 08-01-2007 03:02 PM
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:11 PM.

Copyright ©2006 - 2022 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.