United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > News, Current Affairs & Politics

Unread 25-05-2022, 08:42 AM
Ethers

Bloody love Steve Kerr, what a guy.

Unread 25-05-2022, 08:54 AM
Big Norm

Fair play to him. Preventing a vote on background checks because you're worried you'll lose your seat.

They're publishing photos of some of the victims.

It's just so utterly senseless.

Unread 25-05-2022, 11:05 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
I find it so hard to process this kind of thing. I have a very morbid sense of humour, will joke about the most disgusting things, but anything harming children just kills me. Itís been intensified x1000 since having a child of my own too.

What a disgusting and cowardly thing to do - and my heart goes out to the children and their families. Christ - surely something has to change out there.
Loads of thoughts and prayers, maybe a minute's silence and then sit back until the next tragedy strikes.

Honestly, what is wrong with a country where an 18 year old wants to go out and shoot primary school kids? Just like the one who wanted to shoot black people, and literally dozens of similar shootings before.

Actually, when you see the responses of the politicians above, the penny starts to drop.

Unread 25-05-2022, 11:11 AM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Loads of thoughts and prayers, maybe a minute's silence and then sit back until the next tragedy strikes.

Honestly, what is wrong with a country where an 18 year old wants to go out and shoot primary school kids? Just like the one who wanted to shoot black people, and literally dozens of similar shootings before.

Actually, when you see the responses of the politicians above, the penny starts to drop.
Sandy Hook was 10 years ago and other than d***heads on YouTube claiming it was a false flag event literally nothing has changed since then.

This video is genuinely heartbreaking. Primary school kids needing a safe word.

Unread 25-05-2022, 12:02 PM
windy waffles

I don't know about others in the UK but at my 5 year old daughter's school, they have 'drills' where they have to hide in the toilets because 'an animal is outside'. Goes to show what kind of a sick world we live in where we five years olds having to drill for these kind of events.

Unread 25-05-2022, 12:13 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
I don't know about others in the UK but at my 5 year old daughter's school, they have 'drills' where they have to hide in the toilets because 'an animal is outside'. Goes to show what kind of a sick world we live in where we five years olds having to drill for these kind of events.

Not heard of this in the UK.....

Never happened at our school ... Are you sure it's not a "three little pigs" drama class ?

Unread 25-05-2022, 12:37 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
What? Do you live in some kind of open prison set up?

Never ever heard of this and Iíve got 3 kids and loads of family involved in education.

Unread 25-05-2022, 12:42 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Never happened at our school ... Are you sure it's not a "three little pigs" drama class ?

Waffles kids are simulating a biochemical attack by eating porridge belonging to 3 bears etc.

Unread 25-05-2022, 12:53 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Say what now? Where the f*** do you live koppas?

Unread 25-05-2022, 12:53 PM
windy waffles

Quote:

Stop being a d***.

How old are your kids?

Must be a new thing as our daughter told us about it and we called up the school and they confirmed it.

Happens in Kent:

https://www.mykentfamily.co.uk/prima...ttacks-194839/

I'm in Surrey and I think they called it a 'lockdown' drill. You obviously aren't going to tell a five year old what the real reason behind it is ffs so you say it's in case an animal is outside the school. Plenty of stuff online if you bothered to look and google 'lockdown drills schools uk'. . Maybe we take it more seriously down here, who knows?

I'll await apologies from a couple of people...

Unread 25-05-2022, 12:56 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Stop being a d***.

How old are your kids?

Must be a new thing as our daughter told us about it and we called up the school and they confirmed it.

Happens in Kent:

I'm in Surrey.
Bad enough Halloween - now we have to be import American behaviours like this too.

Unread 25-05-2022, 12:57 PM
Ethers

Got a 5 year old daughter and never heard of this either, although they did have a sheep on the football field the other day which she was buzzing about

Unread 25-05-2022, 12:58 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Stop being a d***.

How old are your kids?

Happens in Kent:

I'm in Surrey and I think they called it a 'lockdown' drill. You obviously aren't going to tell a five year old what the real reason behind it is ffs so you say it's in case an animal is outside the school.
8 and 10 has nothing to do with being a d***, I'd not heard of it from anyone I know.....

Unread 25-05-2022, 01:00 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Got a 5 year old daughter and never heard of this either, although they did have a sheep on the football field the other day which she was buzzing about

must be a southern thing tbf... more susceptible to NBC attacks I guess....

Still,

Unread 25-05-2022, 01:00 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
8 and 10 has nothing to do with being a d***, I'd not heard of it from anyone I know.....
I'd get onto your school and ask why the hell not then...

Unread 25-05-2022, 01:05 PM
Ethers

Looks pointless to me, seems like something theyíve done just to look good. Doing it as a one off is going to have zero practical value for a 4/5 year old, but it would be a complete waste of time to do it often enough to drum it in to them, because itís such an unlikely event.

Having the teachers drilled on procedure should be all thatís needed tbh.

Unread 25-05-2022, 01:06 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Looks pointless to me, seems like something theyíve done just to look good. Doing it as a one off is going to have zero practical value for a 4/5 year old, but it would be a complete waste of time to do it often enough to drum it in to them, because itís such an unlikely event.

Having the teachers drilled on procedure should be all thatís needed tbh.
I agree with you.

Unread 25-05-2022, 01:09 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley

must be a southern thing tbf... more susceptible to NBC attacks I guess....

Still,
Weaker humans ...

Wouldn't allow mine to do it, same as R.E

Unread 25-05-2022, 01:12 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Weaker humans ...

Wouldn't allow mine to do it, same as R.E

Unread 25-05-2022, 01:24 PM
shenwen

We have something here - an annual lockdown drill in case of intruders.

Seems pointless given low violent crime rate here. Triads the exception but canít them blitzing school kids. Could be something they have to do for insurance reasons.