United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > News, Current Affairs & Politics

Unread 27-05-2022, 09:46 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
All cops were just standing around doing nothing were they ?

I very much doubt that....

Who shot the suspect then ?

I'm just saying that live situations and emergency events have a command and control system in place and you're looking at one part of it to blame some police for holding a line (cordon)

Explained it already, many don't know, that's apparent....
That is what is being reported by people that were there, and shown in videos on social media. If you have any alternative information then it could help add more context to the situation then provide it.

People understand what cordons are, I think the general feeling is that police that were armed to the teeth seemed more concerned about a cordon that was already set up, rather than a maniac shooting children in the face.

Unread 27-05-2022, 09:51 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
That is what is being reported by people that were there, and shown in videos on social media. If you have any alternative information then it could help add more context to the situation then provide it.

People understand what cordons are, I think the general feeling is that police that were armed to the teeth seemed more concerned about a cordon that was already set up, rather than a maniac shooting children in the face.
To be fair to the police, IF they were doing their job properly, the public should not have been able to see what those involved were doing, that's the point of the outer cordon.

Of course that might not have been possible and they might have been able to see a wall of police in military assault gear not doing anything whilst hearing the gunman killing their kids

Forty minutes does seem an unnecessary long time to bring the thing to an end though, I know they have to asses the situation and be mindful of their own safety, but I think in the circumstances I'd have been tempted to accept a bit more risk for the sake of not having kids get shot.

Unread 27-05-2022, 09:52 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

I have provided "alternative" information, but you don't want to remove the emotion from the event ..

Also,

I have a lot more experience in live shooting events than yourself....

Have a great Friday.

Unread 27-05-2022, 09:54 AM
NedKelly

So obvious who’s googled ‘inner and outer cordons’ since bunks mentioned it.

Unread 27-05-2022, 09:55 AM
armchair

There are a lot of conflicting reports. Since Columbine, they are supposed to storm the school. However, they took it as a hostage situation and instead secured the area.

There was talk that a security guard was at the school and then that there wasn't. Also, talk they couldn't breach the security door but somehow parents etc were able to.

The guy who killed the shooter was a border security guy who asked to be let in apparently.

No matter what it was a big f*** up from the cops.

We really need a proper timeline.

Unread 27-05-2022, 09:55 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
I have provided "alternative" information, but you don't want to remove the emotion from the event ..
You've just gone about cordons

Quote:
Also,

Have a great Friday.

Unread 27-05-2022, 10:00 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
There are a lot of conflicting reports.

We really need a proper timeline.
Agree, we do

Quote:
You've just gone about cordons

I haven't ? I also touched in command and control and hopefully what other cops were doing inside and directly around the school ...

(Video evidence available, live shooter / grenade event)

Unread 27-05-2022, 10:01 AM
My Name is Heath

Quote:

Also,

Have a great Friday.

Starting to regret all that snide red rep I gave Bunks now before the forum didn’t close.

Unread 27-05-2022, 10:02 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
I haven't ? I also touched in command and control and hopefully what other cops were doing inside and directly around the school ...

(Video evidence available, live shooter / grenade event)
That's not information.

Unread 27-05-2022, 10:04 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
That's not information.
It's from experience, you're coming at it from what ?

Twitter videos ...

Would I tell you how to feed a dog or anything else you have direct history or knowledge in ? No...

Unread 27-05-2022, 10:05 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
It's not really a difficult concept to grasp, hardly need the services of google to understand it. Well, I don't.

I just took the time to explain it properly rather than just snipe at people who didn't understand.

Unread 27-05-2022, 10:06 AM
shenwen

Surprised heathers hasn't made a James Corden joke yet.

The point isn't to do with cordons ffs - it's about the cops scratching their arses while a maniac is gunning down children (and while their parents are outside listening to gun shots )

And yet politicians and associated morons still think all you need is a single armed guard and teachers with guns?

I'm just glad Google exists (and Bunks) or I'd never know what a cordon is. Except the ones they had on the episode of Bosch last night (and yes, they f***ed it up as well)

Unread 27-05-2022, 10:07 AM
red red robbo

Quote:

Twitter videos ...

Would I tell you how to feed a dog or anything else you have direct history or knowledge in ? No...
The point he's getting at is, you don't KNOW what was happening other than what's on the videos we've all seen, you are inferring that something else should have been happening from your personal experience, or having watched a few American cop shows.

Unread 27-05-2022, 10:08 AM
Patty_b

Quote:

Twitter videos ...
Taken by the parents outside the school ffs

Quote:
You probably would tbf...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen

The point isn't to do with cordens ffs - it's about the cops scratching their arses while a maniac is gunning down children (and while their parents are outside listening to gun shots )

And yet politicians and associated morons still think all you need is a single armed guard and teachers with guns?
Exactly.

I'm not sure why Bunks is really struggling with this

Unread 27-05-2022, 10:09 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

The point isn't to do with cordens ffs - it's about the cops scratching their arses while a maniac is gunning down children (and while their parents are outside listening to gun shots )

Jesus h Christ....

The cops "scratching their arses" literally are a Cordon...

Is this some elaborate wum ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
The point he's getting at is, you don't KNOW what was happening other than what's on the videos we've all seen, you are inferring that something else should have been happening from your personal experience, or having watched a few American cop shows.
Not should, WOULD...

Nothing to do with TV, irl training / live shooter events in built up areas, with civilians

Unread 27-05-2022, 10:11 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Jesus h Christ....

Look, we get it, you've been in a war zone. Well done, but try reading the f***ing news

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...lice-hesitated

Edit: no need for insult

Unread 27-05-2022, 10:15 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
Jesus h Christ....

Not should, WOULD...

Nothing to do with TV, irl training / live shooter events in built up areas, with civilians
IF everyone was doing what you think they should have been doing and IF they were treating it as an active shooter rather than a hostage situation. You don't KNOW that, and you don't KNOW that anyone was actively engaged in finding the shooter and stopping him. If they were then thirty minutes seems an awful long time to search an elementary school, they can't be that big.

Yeah, I know you've done all that, but I haven't and I still know how the containment around an active shooting scene should work (broadly), because I've seen it on TV

Unread 27-05-2022, 10:19 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Look Private Pike, we get it, you've been in a war zone. Well done, but try reading the f***ing news

Pretty sure a cop was on the news yesterday saying that they didn't go in sooner because they were worried about being shot.

Understandable, but probably best not to be a policeman in America if that's the case. Also, if that is the case, then whats the point in arming the teachers? Unless we're just accepting that teachers should run into an active shooter situation while the cops retreat.

'The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun.

Just as long as the good guy spends half an hour setting up some cordons and knows he won't get shot at any point...'

Unread 27-05-2022, 10:19 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Look Private Pike, we get it, you've been in a war zone. Well done, but try reading the f***ing news

Unread 27-05-2022, 10:28 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
I edited. Was uncalled for.

Point stands though. Not everything went down as it should and the police messed up. Bunks might not think so but the local chief of police does.