United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Other Sports & Fitness
Closed Thread

Unread 29-03-2021, 08:27 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Dana is notorious for this "he won't take the fight" bullshit. Been doing it for years. Took him five minutes yesterday to start throwing in Lewis' name as leverage. Jones holds all the cards and Dana knows it. Jones v Francis biggest PPV of all time. Lewis v Francis wouldn't even register, especially given their last fight.
Hmmm, he didnít have the look of a man with no cards.

I donít think heís that fussed about Jones tbh. Fair play itís one big PPV but heíd rather have an active Francis as champion any day

Unread 29-03-2021, 08:52 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Hmmm, he didnít have the look of a man with no cards.

I donít think heís that fussed about Jones tbh. Fair play itís one big PPV but heíd rather have an active Francis as champion any day
That's Dana's game. Immediately threw in Lewis as a potential next opponent. Not sure that's one for the casual viewer.

Jones aside, the heavyweight division is pretty bare on big names, but also on credible opponents. You've got Lewis, who is not a big attraction. You've got a few names that Francis has already destroyed. And then a few up and comers (including that lad from Salford )

I will say though that Jones also needs this fight and I am sure Dana will play that card. For a potential GOAT, Jones has done terrible on PPVs and this could be his only and last big pay day.

Might end up simply who blinks first, but more often than not the UFC gets the big fights made, so wouldn't be surprised to see this before Autumn at the latest. The hype train has already left the station.

Unread 29-03-2021, 09:17 AM
Bobda

The money should be there for Jones/Francis, enough people will want to tune in and pay ppv prices to potentially see Jones get starched in spectacular fashion. In reality it will end up being a boring grapple fight, but it will sell big numbers.

Hate the involvement of Dana in the UFC. Should be stepping aside now for someone who actually likes the fans, the fighters and even the press.

Unread 29-03-2021, 09:27 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobda
The money should be there for Jones/Francis, enough people will want to tune in and pay ppv prices to potentially see Jones get starched in spectacular fashion. In reality it will end up being a boring grapple fight, but it will sell big numbers.

Hate the involvement of Dana in the UFC. Should be stepping aside now for someone who actually likes the fans, the fighters and even the press.
Are you another one of the white knight modern MMA fans?

Without Dana there'd be no UFC.. we wouldn't have had any fights during the last year at all.

Unread 29-03-2021, 10:04 AM
shenwen

Quote:

Without Dana there'd be no UFC.. we wouldn't have had any fights during the last year at all.
Bit weird to blame Dana.

But like saying we should drop Bruno to let some other players get a chance.

Itís Dana thatís preventing the UFC from ending up a mess like boxing. I will take a bet Ngannou gets an opponent in a matter of weeks. Meanwhile, Joshua v Fury

Unread 29-03-2021, 10:06 AM
silv

Quote:
Bit weird to blame Dana.

But like saying we should drop Bruno to let some other stuff players get a chance.

Itís Dana thatís preventing the UFC from ending up a mess like boxing. I will take a bet Ngannou gets an opponent in a matter of weeks. Meanwhile, Joshua v Fury
There seems to be a vocal section of MMA fans that hate Dana White and the UFC. Always complaining about the gloves, Greg Hardy, late blows, the commentary, Dana White etc. They seem to forget they are covering one of the most vicious sports in the world, not badminton.

Compare the UFC to the corruption thats rife in boxing ffs

Unread 29-03-2021, 10:56 AM
Why Don?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Judging by Gane's last performance, he won't be getting a title shot any time soon.
No but I think he will force himself into the reckoning. I loved his performance, very intelligent.

That scouser looks decent

Unread 29-03-2021, 11:58 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Don?
No but I think he will force himself into the reckoning. I loved his performance, very intelligent.

That scouser looks decent
Is he scouse? Iíd read he was from Salford. f*** him if so

Edit: just heard an interview. Definitely not scouse. Great lad.

Unread 29-03-2021, 05:16 PM
Why Don?

Quote:
Is he scouse? Iíd read he was from Salford. f*** him if so

Edit: just heard an interview. Definitely not scouse. Great lad.
Not sure why I thought he has scouse

Unread 29-03-2021, 05:24 PM
silv

isn't he Welsh?

Unread 29-03-2021, 07:45 PM
Why Don?

Tom deffo has a scouse accent, he trains there

Unread 29-03-2021, 08:18 PM
Long tongue phooey

That other scouser paddy the baddie has just signed with the ufc.. Looking forward to seeing him getting knocked out

Unread 29-03-2021, 09:48 PM
Why Don?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long tongue phooey
That other scouser paddy the baddie has just signed with the ufc.. Looking forward to seeing him getting knocked out
Ooh yes, me too

Unread 29-03-2021, 10:54 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long tongue phooey
Canít believe theyíve signed that little p****

Feed him to Jeremy Stephenís

Unread 30-03-2021, 04:25 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Tom deffo has a scouse accent, he trains there

he most definitely doesn't

he does train there though

Unread 30-03-2021, 08:53 AM
Bobda

Quote:

What on Earth are you on about?

Unread 30-03-2021, 01:38 PM
Why Don?

Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXdxUUpuhBY

he most definitely doesn't

he does train there though
Thereís a bit of scouse in there IMO

Unread 31-03-2021, 04:15 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Thereís a bit of scouse in there IMO
Give it up Don. He's never going to be a scouser. Salford born and bred.

Unread 31-03-2021, 07:45 AM
Why Don?

Quote:
Give it up Don. He's never going to be a scouser. Salford born and bred.
Ok I like him even more now

Unread 31-03-2021, 03:33 PM
Sparky***

Any of you UFC guys know why Jake Paul is having a boxing match with a 35 year old Wrestler?
Closed Thread