United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Other Sports & Fitness
Closed Thread

Unread 03-01-2021, 01:02 AM
Sparky***

There you go.

f***ing state of these c***s celebrating. Has he just beat a p4p great or something?

Unread 03-01-2021, 01:04 AM
Vedder

Give the kid credit, looks heavy handed but Jesus Christ that reaction absolutely embarrassing. The commentary

‘Are you watching Lopez, Gervonta, Haney’ my god

Unread 03-01-2021, 01:04 AM
Sparky***

This is embarrassing

Unread 03-01-2021, 01:05 AM
MUFC One Love

State of the commentators.

Unread 03-01-2021, 01:05 AM
Vedder

Put him in with Gervonta next please god

Unread 03-01-2021, 01:06 AM
M33mike

A bit embarrassing this

He’s well too easy to hit at the minute Garcia.

Unread 03-01-2021, 01:06 AM
Sparky***

I would expect nothing less from De La Hoya's cherry picking circus though.

Campbell is 34 years old or something isn't he? Never been a world champion.

Why are they celebrating like they've just arrived at the top level? Ridiculous.

Unread 03-01-2021, 01:07 AM
Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Why are they celebrating like they've just arrived at the top level? Ridiculous.
Way past his best too. Gervonta would end his life

Unread 03-01-2021, 01:08 AM
M33mike

The little Mexican Michael Buffer is great

Unread 03-01-2021, 01:10 AM
Vedder

Not bad for his 5th fight tbf to the lad but that reaction tells you everything you need to know.

Yanks different f***ing breed that lot

Unread 03-01-2021, 01:17 AM
Coracao

Campbell was far too passive after he scored the KD.

Could tell Garcia was hurting him before that as well. He had to go for it then.

Unread 03-01-2021, 01:20 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Campbell was far too passive after he scored the KD.

Could tell Garcia was hurting him before that as well. He had to go for it then.
Him getting put on his arse in round 2 will ensure they won't put him in with anyone top class for a while yet.

Unread 03-01-2021, 01:26 AM
Palmer

Why didn't campbell go after him after the knockdown.

A bag of money is probably the answer to that.

Unread 03-01-2021, 01:30 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

It was a significant step up for him. If anything, it is a risky fight.

Unread 03-01-2021, 01:30 AM
Vedder

Am I missing something? Looking on Twitter and people genuinely thinks the kid has a chance against Gervonta mental what hype does

Unread 03-01-2021, 01:47 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Am I missing something? Looking on Twitter and people genuinely thinks the kid has a chance against Gervonta mental what hype does
Not a chance they’re putting him in with tank

Unread 03-01-2021, 03:03 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
It was a significant step up for him. If anything, it is a risky fight.
To me, those celebrations looked like the sort you see when people pull out an amazing win against the odds. This kid was odds on favourite, in his home country against a guy 12 years older than him, who had COVID two weeks ago, who's never himself won a title but has been a solid contender and decorated amateur.

Seen it million times before where we send a decent fighter over to america, not elite, but decent..... we send them over there on a hiding to nothing so they can get cherry picked. Seen it with Liam Smith, Rocky Fielding... golden boy has previous in this respect.

Garcia and his camp seemed to me that they're not really sure if their boy belongs at this level, those weren't the celebrations of a team who think they're where they belong.

If he's so good and is such a "king" (f*** me how cringey is that nickname btw) stick him in there with Teofimo Lopez next. They're the same age, same amount of pro fights... let him test himself against the best in his own country.

Unread 03-01-2021, 03:17 PM
Coracao

I'm not interested in the celebrations, I was talking about you saying it was 'cherry pick'.

It was a significant step up for Garcia. Campbell in his last fight got plenty of credit for his performance against Loma, who many at the time had as P4P #1.

It is a win in impressive fashion for Garcia, despite him showing weaknesses. It is one of my biggest gripes with boxing fans of downplaying wins and saying a fighter is finished because they get beat.

Campbell represented a huge step up for Garcia. He overcame adversity and stopped a guy who had never been stopped. Give credit where it is due.

Unread 03-01-2021, 03:26 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
I'm not interested in the celebrations, I was talking about you saying it was 'cherry pick'.

It was a significant step up for Garcia. Campbell in his last fight got plenty of credit for his performance against Loma, who many at the time had as P4P #1.

It is a win in impressive fashion for Garcia, despite him showing weaknesses. It is one of my biggest gripes with boxing fans of downplaying wins and saying a fighter is finished because they get beat.

Campbell represented a huge step up for Garcia. He overcame adversity and stopped a guy who had never been stopped. Give credit where it is due.
Fair enough. Maybe i'm letting my dislike of Garcia's flashiness, Oscar de la hoya and goldenboy cloud my judgement. Probably.

Unread 03-01-2021, 03:29 PM
Coracao

Josh Kelly fight off. Again.
Closed Thread