United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Other Sports & Fitness
Closed Thread
 
Unread 03-01-2021, 01:02 AM
Sparky***
 
Default

There you go.

f***ing state of these c***s celebrating. Has he just beat a p4p great or something?
 
Unread 03-01-2021, 01:04 AM
Vedder
 
Default

Give the kid credit, looks heavy handed but Jesus Christ that reaction absolutely embarrassing. The commentary

‘Are you watching Lopez, Gervonta, Haney’ my god
 
Unread 03-01-2021, 01:04 AM
Sparky***
 
Default

This is embarrassing
 
Unread 03-01-2021, 01:05 AM
MUFC One Love
 
Default

State of the commentators.
 
Unread 03-01-2021, 01:05 AM
Vedder
 
Default

Put him in with Gervonta next please god
 
Unread 03-01-2021, 01:06 AM
M33mike
 
Default

A bit embarrassing this

He’s well too easy to hit at the minute Garcia.
 
Unread 03-01-2021, 01:06 AM
Sparky***
 
Default

I would expect nothing less from De La Hoya's cherry picking circus though.

Campbell is 34 years old or something isn't he? Never been a world champion.

Why are they celebrating like they've just arrived at the top level? Ridiculous.
 
Unread 03-01-2021, 01:07 AM
Vedder
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I would expect nothing less from De La Hoya's cherry picking circus though.

Campbell is 34 years old or something isn't he? Never been a world champion.

Why are they celebrating like they've just arrived at the top level? Ridiculous.
Way past his best too. Gervonta would end his life
 
Unread 03-01-2021, 01:08 AM
M33mike
 
Default

The little Mexican Michael Buffer is great
 
Unread 03-01-2021, 01:10 AM
Vedder
 
Default

Not bad for his 5th fight tbf to the lad but that reaction tells you everything you need to know.

Yanks different f***ing breed that lot
 
Unread 03-01-2021, 01:17 AM
Coracao
 
Default

Campbell was far too passive after he scored the KD.

Could tell Garcia was hurting him before that as well. He had to go for it then.
 
Unread 03-01-2021, 01:20 AM
Sparky***
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Campbell was far too passive after he scored the KD.

Could tell Garcia was hurting him before that as well. He had to go for it then.
Him getting put on his arse in round 2 will ensure they won't put him in with anyone top class for a while yet.
 
Unread 03-01-2021, 01:26 AM
Palmer
 
Default

Why didn't campbell go after him after the knockdown.

A bag of money is probably the answer to that.
 
Unread 03-01-2021, 01:30 AM
Coracao
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I would expect nothing less from De La Hoya's cherry picking circus though.

Campbell is 34 years old or something isn't he? Never been a world champion.

Why are they celebrating like they've just arrived at the top level? Ridiculous.
It was a significant step up for him. If anything, it is a risky fight.
 
Unread 03-01-2021, 01:30 AM
Vedder
 
Default

Am I missing something? Looking on Twitter and people genuinely thinks the kid has a chance against Gervonta mental what hype does
 
Unread 03-01-2021, 01:47 AM
Sparky***
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Am I missing something? Looking on Twitter and people genuinely thinks the kid has a chance against Gervonta mental what hype does
Not a chance they’re putting him in with tank
 
Unread 03-01-2021, 03:03 PM
Sparky***
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
It was a significant step up for him. If anything, it is a risky fight.
To me, those celebrations looked like the sort you see when people pull out an amazing win against the odds. This kid was odds on favourite, in his home country against a guy 12 years older than him, who had COVID two weeks ago, who's never himself won a title but has been a solid contender and decorated amateur.

Seen it million times before where we send a decent fighter over to america, not elite, but decent..... we send them over there on a hiding to nothing so they can get cherry picked. Seen it with Liam Smith, Rocky Fielding... golden boy has previous in this respect.

Garcia and his camp seemed to me that they're not really sure if their boy belongs at this level, those weren't the celebrations of a team who think they're where they belong.

If he's so good and is such a "king" (f*** me how cringey is that nickname btw) stick him in there with Teofimo Lopez next. They're the same age, same amount of pro fights... let him test himself against the best in his own country.
 
Unread 03-01-2021, 03:17 PM
Coracao
 
Default

I'm not interested in the celebrations, I was talking about you saying it was 'cherry pick'.

It was a significant step up for Garcia. Campbell in his last fight got plenty of credit for his performance against Loma, who many at the time had as P4P #1.

It is a win in impressive fashion for Garcia, despite him showing weaknesses. It is one of my biggest gripes with boxing fans of downplaying wins and saying a fighter is finished because they get beat.

Campbell represented a huge step up for Garcia. He overcame adversity and stopped a guy who had never been stopped. Give credit where it is due.
 
Unread 03-01-2021, 03:26 PM
Sparky***
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
I'm not interested in the celebrations, I was talking about you saying it was 'cherry pick'.

It was a significant step up for Garcia. Campbell in his last fight got plenty of credit for his performance against Loma, who many at the time had as P4P #1.

It is a win in impressive fashion for Garcia, despite him showing weaknesses. It is one of my biggest gripes with boxing fans of downplaying wins and saying a fighter is finished because they get beat.

Campbell represented a huge step up for Garcia. He overcame adversity and stopped a guy who had never been stopped. Give credit where it is due.
Fair enough. Maybe i'm letting my dislike of Garcia's flashiness, Oscar de la hoya and goldenboy cloud my judgement. Probably.
 
Unread 03-01-2021, 03:29 PM
Coracao
 
Default


Josh Kelly fight off. Again.
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Boxing - 2021
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The 2021 Temperance Thread Jack Duckworth Food and Drink 167 06-03-2022 02:17 PM
The 2021 Fitness Thread Jack Duckworth Other Sports & Fitness 501 31-12-2021 11:51 AM
What you eating 2021 believe Food and Drink 60 07-02-2021 04:12 PM
Get back! 2021... Gypsum Fantastic TV / Film / Books / Arts 0 22-12-2020 07:23 PM
Lions v SA 2021 AK14 Other Sports & Fitness 0 04-12-2019 11:30 AM
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:05 PM.

Copyright ©2006 - 2022 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.