United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Food and Drink
Closed Thread

Unread 06-01-2021, 06:20 PM
Arnold Muhren

Stuck it out but with the wife now also working from home and a new lockdown itís not been easy ffs

Unread 06-01-2021, 06:20 PM
Parlabane

Its only the fact I cant be arsed walking to the shops in the freezing cold that's keeping me on the straight and narrow -

Think it will be a battle of wills for me tonight between "f*** it footballs on" = #cans" or "its freezing and Im a lazy git" = #cup of tea

Unread 06-01-2021, 06:30 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlabane
Its only the fact I cant be arsed walking to the shops in the freezing cold that's keeping me on the straight and narrow -

Think it will be a battle of wills for me tonight between "f*** it footballs on" = #cans" or "its freezing and Im a lazy git" = #cup of tea
I got bought a Perfect Draft Keg machine and its got half in it, i've got enough leftover red to sink a ship and about 20 beers in the fridge.

Its taking everything ive got.

Unread 06-01-2021, 06:34 PM
Parlabane

not going to lie, I would have crumbled with that stash on Monday !!

Unread 06-01-2021, 06:40 PM
Medlock

Temperance? Nope

Unread 06-01-2021, 07:15 PM
Fat Al

The only booze I've got in the house is a nice red I was given on my birthday & a bottle of Co-ops imitation Baileys & I am SO f***ing close to piling into to them.

It's only been 6 days FFS.

Unread 06-01-2021, 07:25 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
I got bought a Perfect Draft Keg machine and its got half in it, i've got enough leftover red to sink a ship and about 20 beers in the fridge.

Its taking everything ive got.
200-odd sheets for the device itself?

what's the advantage?

Unread 06-01-2021, 07:28 PM
Carlton

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre

what's the advantage?
Itís what the guy who sold it to silv took.

Unread 06-01-2021, 07:33 PM
silv

Quote:

what's the advantage?
It was a present from my brother

Itís £30 to £35 a keg and about £3 a pint at home. Tbf itís absolutely glorious but a bit of a gimmick at those prices.

Unread 06-01-2021, 08:33 PM
Jack Duckworth

on the green tea tonight cheering on the reds

Unread 06-01-2021, 08:35 PM
ScarFace

Got a rum n pepsi max. Zero calories in the entire drink.

Unread 07-01-2021, 12:45 AM
Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Got a rum n pepsi max. Zero calories in the entire drink.
there will be calories in the rum, 100 odd at least

Unread 07-01-2021, 12:55 AM
tatty

I've got a few cans of Atlantic Shipyard in the fridge...not bad for a hipster ale.

Unread 07-01-2021, 01:04 AM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
there will be calories in the rum, 100 odd at least
100 cals is basically zero compared to what i've eaten today M8

Unread 10-01-2021, 04:40 PM
elhombre

After a busy week at work, i decided to have a few on Friday and Saturday night.

No drinking at all in the week.

I feel absolutely dreadful today.

I can go a week or two without it, but i get bored just sat in on a Friday or Saturday night drinking tea and so the inevitable happens.

But you feel like death the day after.

Any tips on avoiding this? I know i will be way better off not drinking at all.

Unread 10-01-2021, 04:51 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
After a busy week at work, i decided to have a few on Friday and Saturday night.

No drinking at all in the week.

I feel absolutely dreadful today.

I can go a week or two without it, but i get bored just sat in on a Friday or Saturday night drinking tea and so the inevitable happens.

But you feel like death the day after.

Any tips on avoiding this? I know i will be way better off not drinking at all.
i've decided to just have saturday as my drinking day and cut down what i drink then too.

last night, i had a couple of cans of guinness and a couple of g&ts, where as before, I would have had about 6 guinness and about 4 double g&ts. felt great this morning and noticed that heart rate was normal when usually it's high after i've been drinking.

cutting down is definitely the way forward.

Unread 10-01-2021, 04:52 PM
Arnold Muhren

Same. Absolutely horrendous first week back at work and a grim time of year in general. So having a few at weekends whilst still knocking the Mon-Fri boozing on the head.

Unread 10-01-2021, 04:54 PM
redhegemony

Wine is the problem for me - drink it more like beer and makes me feel much worse....

Unread 10-01-2021, 04:57 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
i've decided to just have saturday as my drinking day and cut down what i drink then too.

last night, i had a couple of cans of guinness and a couple of g&ts, where as before, I would have had about 6 guinness and about 4 double g&ts. felt great this morning and noticed that heart rate was normal when usually it's high after i've been drinking.

cutting down is definitely the way forward.
yeah

i am just bored - i also think i rely on it to chill out, which isn't good as you end up relying on it....

meh.

Unread 10-01-2021, 05:30 PM
dunk

Didnít see this thread.. 5 1/2 months dry, first dry Christmas in about 28 years. Piece of piss do not miss it one bit. First few weeks were a bit hairy; boredom, opportunity, plus good times are associated with alcohol, particularly in lockdown, after about a month it was just great no wobbles since.

Not sure whatís next. Does it become a Ďdonít drink in the houseí allowing for indulgence once lockdown ends in time for summer, or just continue.. tough call.
Closed Thread