United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Food and Drink
Closed Thread
 
Unread 24-08-2020, 11:51 AM
est.1878
 
Post What you not drinking right now : official temperance thread

Week without booze and sleep is world class

The summer party's over. Time to get in shape

Wagon roll call
 
Unread 24-08-2020, 11:52 AM
measlyshark
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Week without booze and sleep is world class

The summer party's over. Time to get in shape

Wagon roll call
Finished off what we had in the house yesterday. Off it now for the foreseeable.

Probably.
 
Unread 24-08-2020, 11:52 AM
dunk
 
Default

 
Unread 24-08-2020, 12:10 PM
guerreiro
 
Default

Just had for the first time in years a hankering for a hot chocolate. Daughter made me one. Is lovely.
 
Unread 24-08-2020, 12:10 PM
Jack Duckworth
 
Default

starting on the 1st september. looking forward to it
 
Unread 24-08-2020, 12:11 PM
armchair
 
Default

Was it instant good sleep? I find sans booze I struggle to sleep and wake up almost every hour.
 
Unread 24-08-2020, 12:14 PM
est.1878
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Was it instant good sleep? I find sans booze I struggle to sleep and wake up almost every hour.
Had a two day hangover after a heavy sesh. Multiple aligators were wrestled first couple nights. Then - pure luxury started kicking in.

Night be coincidence as less humid at night, but reckon last night was my best sleep of 2020 (low bar). Today I feel like moyes could be appointed DOF and I'd be zen about it
 
Unread 24-08-2020, 12:17 PM
dunk
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Was it instant good sleep? I find sans booze I struggle to sleep and wake up almost every hour.
Takes a few days for the body to settle down to it's new chemical composition..
 
Unread 24-08-2020, 12:20 PM
silv
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Had a two day hangover after a heavy sesh. Multiple aligators were wrestled first couple nights. Then - pure luxury started kicking in.

Night be coincidence as less humid at night, but reckon last night was my best sleep of 2020 (low bar). Today I feel like moyes could be appointed DOF and I'd be zen about it
had only one beer last night and slept like a baby
might be cos the baby was at his nans
 
Unread 24-08-2020, 12:22 PM
est.1878
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
had only one beer last night and slept like a baby
might be cos the baby was at his nans
You half sleep when expect wakeups that never come

Is there another thread you could discuss that flab and bloat causing beer?
 
Unread 24-08-2020, 12:25 PM
silv
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
You half sleep when expect wakeups that never come

Is there another thread you could discuss that flab and bloat causing beer?
enjoy your sleep

im sure you'll receive a glorious welcome in the proper thread when you've been caught drinking the last dregs of the wine box down your gullet
 
Unread 24-08-2020, 12:30 PM
elhombre
 
Default

As said in the other thread: after tonight, i am off it for a few weeks/month.

My major worry is the absolute nightmare of sleeping without booze...

 
Unread 24-08-2020, 12:36 PM
Ethers
 
Default

25th day off it today. Was aiming for a month, which I値l do no problem, but tempted to extend it.

Just finished reading this. f*** me. Highly recommended if you never want to drink again but I知 basically trying to forget half of it.

 
Unread 24-08-2020, 12:37 PM
elhombre
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
25th day off it today. Was aiming for a month, which I値l do no problem, but tempted to extend it.

Just finished reading this. f*** me. Highly recommended if you never want to drink again but I知 basically trying to forget half of it.

 
Unread 24-08-2020, 12:44 PM
Arnold Muhren
 
Default

<signed> Just realised I broke the seal on the wife痴 Christmas bottle of Cointreau last night and there痴 barely an inch left. No wonder I知 rough as. Bringing the 1st of September forward a week - starts today.
 
Unread 24-08-2020, 12:47 PM
suedeshoes
 
Default

Had 2 cans watching the football last night. Plenty more in but after the 2 I just didn't fancy another.
 
Unread 24-08-2020, 12:58 PM
Mr_Ed
 
Default

Having a month off as I said. I知 doubling up on daily gym sessions, will be protein shaking for two meals a day and no booze for 30 days.

Fingers crossed I値l shift some timber 👍🏻
 
Unread 24-08-2020, 01:00 PM
Medlock
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
week without booze and sleep is world class

the summer party's over. Time to get in shape

wagon roll call
booooooooooooooo
 
Unread 24-08-2020, 02:27 PM
armchair
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
25th day off it today. Was aiming for a month, which I値l do no problem, but tempted to extend it.

Just finished reading this. f*** me. Highly recommended if you never want to drink again but I知 basically trying to forget half of it.

Had to stop reading that. It's horrific. Liver failure, cancer, dementia. It almost has me to the point of thinking it's too late and I may as well drink myself to death.
 
Unread 24-08-2020, 03:23 PM
Ethers
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Had to stop reading that. It's horrific. Liver failure, cancer, dementia. It almost has me to the point of thinking it's too late and I may as well drink myself to death.
I had to stop a few times because of some of the details. Grim.

Yeah I知 basically the same, given my alcohol consumption up to now I致e already hacked years of my life so f*** it.
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: What you not drinking right now : official temperance thread
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
From better than Giggs to 租rinking and drinking: how Ben Thornley battled back fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 10-10-2018 03:40 PM
Giving Up Drinking Thread believe Food and Drink 64 02-01-2013 08:38 PM
The official what are you drinking tonight thread- official. Child of Darkness Off Topic 28 27-10-2011 11:20 PM
The 'never drinking again' thread. suedeshoes Off Topic 59 16-12-2010 03:34 PM
Official beat Antonin to the Official Team Vs Villa Thread Gypsum Fantastic Football 25 04-01-2007 02:17 PM
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:34 PM.

Copyright ゥ2006 - 2022 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.