United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Food and Drink
Closed Thread

Unread 27-09-2020, 06:52 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Love dipping white sliced pan into cream of chicken soup. Happy (belated?) birthday, Scar.

I'd do one tin and 4-6 slices of bread easy.
Thank you.

Wonderful isnt it. If i was normal id only do one tin + 6 slices but i need to get rid of temptation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX

Dr Pepper Gammon
Ohhh a fizzy pop meat mong !.....my ex's sister was on some fad diet years ago and wanted to do "Diet coke chicken". Which sounds terrible.

Unread 27-09-2020, 07:38 PM
BarryX

Wasn't meant to be some kind of pretentious dish or attempt at a diet. Just wanted the meat to be tenderised and given some sweetness to go with the salt. The glaze at end was something else, like a sticky gravy from the carbonated drink Gods.

Unread 27-09-2020, 07:41 PM
dunk

Happy Birthday Scar!

That is an incredible amount of white bread to eat in one sitting

Unread 27-09-2020, 07:46 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Happy Birthday Scar!

That is an incredible amount of white bread to eat in one sitting
Oh what a lovely compliment thank you !

Hey fun fact. My uncle Vinny ( long dead ) once ate so much white Warburton, he had a bowel blockage and needed to go to hospital due to severe pain ( its a story I've been told since a kid when asking for more bread with my meal )

Quote:
Just wanted the meat to be tenderised and given some sweetness to go with the salt. The glaze at end was something else, like a sticky gravy from the carbonated drink Gods.
What's the worst that could happen ?

Unread 27-09-2020, 08:01 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
To be called a fizzy drink meat mong by the guy who already humiliated me in Ultimate Fred Warrior 2 ??!?

But bappy birthday either way man

Unread 27-09-2020, 08:28 PM
red in cumbria

Think it was Nigella Lawson who popularised the "ham in coke" thing?

Unread 27-09-2020, 08:35 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
To be called a fizzy drink meat mong by the guy who already humiliated me in Ultimate Fred Warrior 2 ??!?

But bappy birthday either way man
Thats the Dr pepper motto !

Thank you.

Unread 27-09-2020, 08:42 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Oh what a lovely compliment thank you !

Hey fun fact. My uncle Vinny ( long dead ) once ate so much white Warburton, he had a bowel blockage and needed to go to hospital due to severe pain ( its a story I've been told since a kid when asking for more bread with my meal )

Big bread fan here also....

Think the army is too Blame, used to just plonk a loaf down and sandwich the whole meal, breakfast BAM SANDWICH, having a pasta BAM SANDWICH it...roast SANDWICH... Shepards pie BUTTIES...

Remember my mum (rip) commenting on it once, "do you have to make a Sarni out if everything"

Scaled it right back these days, still do a roast dinner mop up, I'll throw a pie in a barm, adore toast, basically have no idea how people keto ..

Happy birthday and up the white bread

#allbreadmatters

Unread 27-09-2020, 09:19 PM
ScarFace

Sounds wonderful

My dad said when he was younger and working darn sarf on building sites, at dinner time he would buy a loaf, hollow it out and fill it with chippy chips.

Unread 27-09-2020, 10:39 PM
dunk

Quote:
Sounds wonderful

My dad said when he was younger and working darn sarf on building sites, at dinner time he would buy a loaf, hollow it out and fill it with chippy chips.
Proper thick, crusty loaf and add peas and gravy and that would be f***ing awesome

I think everything on bread is a Northern thing, I was terrible up until 4 or 5 years ago, everything with or on bread. Couldn’t tell you when I last had anything bready now

Unread 27-09-2020, 10:52 PM
CamelToe

Thumbs up happy bday

Quote:
Thanks guyzzzz....p.s the brown stuff was branston pickle ( had no salad cream which is a must for crabstick butties )
i kinda understand the pickle and salad cream, you want tang and eggs and creamy goodness. hellmans and a few capers, chopped cornichons... even gherkins would work better tho, i reckon.

surprised you'd eat that stuff tho, fish mush scrapped up after they've processed the actual fish, pressed flat, cooked and rolled, yum.
Quote:
The shop. All shops sell them.
Bloody hell lads you lot need to broaden your culinary horizons if you think CrabStick butties are unusual !

Anyway, here is my tea.....

2 tins of chicken soup & half a loaf. 20 twists of salt in that as Heinz have clearly nuked the sodium.
no butter on the bread?

Unread 27-09-2020, 10:55 PM
Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Proper thick, crusty loaf and add peas and gravy and that would be f***ing awesome

I think everything on bread is a Northern thing, I was terrible up until 4 or 5 years ago, everything with or on bread. Couldn’t tell you when I last had anything bready now
love bread, my local londis bakes its own baguettes ( i assume bought in dough they just bake on site) but seriously the best i've had outside France rool: love a double dough carb as well, pie in a barm

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamelToe
i kinda understand the pickle and salad cream, you want tang and eggs and creamy goodness. hellmans and a few capers, chopped cornichons... even gherkins would work better tho, i reckon.

surprised you'd eat that stuff tho, fish mush scrapped up after they've processed the actual fish, pressed flat, cooked and rolled, yum.

no butter on the bread?

yes, that is remiss

Unread 27-09-2020, 10:57 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
i kinda understand the pickle and salad cream, you want tang and eggs and creamy goodness. hellmans and a few capers, chopped cornichons... even gherkins

Unread 27-09-2020, 11:31 PM
CamelToe

Quote:
nope. wtf is sable, a biscuit? fish with cream cheese and onions

Unread 27-09-2020, 11:52 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
nope. wtf is sable, a biscuit? fish with cream cheese and onions
It's a smoked fish. It melds very well with the white fish. They go together. If you don't like it, you should swap with Ted Danson.

Unread 28-09-2020, 12:17 AM
CamelToe

Quote:
It's a smoked fish. It melds very well with the white fish. They go together. If you don't like it, you should swap with Ted Danson.
what's the danson? dianne and rebecca sandwich???

love smoked fish. especially arbroath smokies.

Unread 28-09-2020, 04:20 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Got a question. You're on death row, what's your last meal request?
Most definitely not that

Quote:

Dr Pepper Gammon and veg. Don't know if it's a thing or not (heard someone did it in coke, so I slow cooked it in the only bottle of pop in the fridge). Finished the glaze with a bit of Korean BBQ sauce and honey. Highly recommended, best bit of gammon I've ever had.
What did it look like once you’d cooked everything?

Unread 28-09-2020, 08:58 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
The shop. All shops sell them.
Bloody hell lads you lot need to broaden your culinary horizons if you think CrabStick butties are unusual !

Anyway, here is my tea.....

2 tins of chicken soup & half a loaf. 20 twists of salt in that as Heinz have clearly nuked the sodium.
Right, turn it in now ffs.

Unread 28-09-2020, 09:25 AM
ScarFace

I am back on track today don't worry. You won't see another carb from me until Christmas.

Last night though.... i needed to get rid of all temptation so finished off the loaf with 2 tins of cheesy beans....

Sorry for the presentation. I laid out the toast very well at first but turns out 2 tins of beans is way too much & it was not going to fit on the plate due to bean juice floodage. Had to quickly adjust the toast dam to let the river of cheesy beans free.

Unread 28-09-2020, 09:26 AM
est.1878

At this stage why don't you just keep the plate in the cupboard and use the tray
Closed Thread