United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic

Unread 17-06-2022, 08:35 AM
Seamus

small talk in queues.......leave me alone

Unread 17-06-2022, 09:52 AM
Patty_b

Sitting in the sun with a cold drink and not smoking.

Unread 17-06-2022, 10:03 AM
Drexl

The purple sticky skin on garlic

Unread 17-06-2022, 10:07 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
This resonated with me on a deep level.

Unread 17-06-2022, 10:08 AM
est.1878

Quote:
Fizzy or non fizzy...

Unread 17-06-2022, 10:19 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
This resonated with me on a deep level.
Had a great bbq last week and it was lovely; beer, Sun, bbq... but knew something was missing.

Going to have another tonight and picked up a pack of smokes on the way to work. I'm already filled with a mixture of excitement and regret.

Starting smoking was the worst thing I ever did

Unread 20-06-2022, 09:41 AM
est.1878

Beautiful 5am suburban birdsong

Unread 20-06-2022, 09:49 AM
Jethro

Blokes wearing flip flops/sliders in restaurants. Put some shoes/trainers on you scruffy bastards.

Unread 20-06-2022, 10:21 AM
Sloppy

Quote:
Had a great bbq last week and it was lovely; beer, Sun, bbq... but knew something was missing.

Going to have another tonight and picked up a pack of smokes on the way to work. I'm already filled with a mixture of excitement and regret.

Starting smoking was the worst thing I ever did
Get on the vapes. Best thing I ever did.

Unread 20-06-2022, 10:29 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Get on the vapes. Best thing I ever did.
I was for years, and went to 0% and then stopped a few weeks ago. 100% the reason why I ended up getting ciggies.

Needed this weekend though, didn't have a BBQ because the weather b****ed out on Friday and ended up smoking them all casually Friday through Saturday. Felt like utter shite after each one and even worse waking up each morning. Done a job reminding me why I quit in the first place.

Got some more coils and 0.3% for the vape for when the weather is nice. Not the same but it does the job.

Unread 20-06-2022, 10:33 AM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Second Summer of no-smoking for me. Sense of satisfaction and pride outweighs wanting a cig for me. Don't miss it at all tbh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Blokes wearing flip flops/sliders in restaurants. Put some shoes/trainers on you scruffy bastards.
I wear flip flops and slides all Summer. 😎

I bet you wear shit shoes.

Unread 20-06-2022, 10:45 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Second Summer of no-smoking for me. Sense of satisfaction and pride outweighs wanting a cig for me. Don't miss it at all tbh.

I wear flip flops and slides all Summer. 😎

I bet you wear shit shoes.
So do I. But if I am going to eat I will dress appropriately

Unread 20-06-2022, 10:47 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Lucky bastard. Must be something deep in my head that makes me crave it. Can happily drink all day and not crave one, and I can sit in the sun and enjoy a BBQ sober and not crave one. But sunshine and beer hits different for some reason.

Unread 20-06-2022, 10:54 AM
armchair

I restarted smoking a few weeks ago. Now I'm smoking and vaping. Quitting again today.

It's so easy to get back on the smokes.

Unread 20-06-2022, 11:24 AM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Lucky bastard.
If it wasn't for 2 weeks in a coma and 2 months locked in hospital I don't know if I'd have ever managed to quit tbh.

I'm honestly impressed with myself that I haven't started again but I really haven't wanted to.

(And as well as all the negative health issues, I never really realised how much it f***ing stinks)

Unread 21-06-2022, 05:49 AM
guerreiro

Smug camping Dereks.

Oh, Im not sleeping in a luxury 5 star hotel with a lagoon pool, food brought to me and open bar. Im going to walk up a big hill and sleep in soggy cow shit, because its nature. Bore off Derek

Unread 22-06-2022, 10:02 PM
armchair

VIPs on here self censoring swear words

eg f*** c***

just type them out normally. e.g. f*** c***.

They all end up getting censored the same for guests. You are just making more work for me and if you are going to swear just swear.

Here's how the above post appears for guests:
Quote:

eg f*** c***

They all end up getting censored the same for guests. You are just making more work for me and if you are going to swear just swear.
Coming up with more and more ways to be past the block will just get you banned.

Unread 22-06-2022, 10:05 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair

eg f*** c***

They all end up getting censored the same for guests. You are just making more work for me and if you are going to swear.

Here's how the above post appears for guests:

Coming up with more and more ways to be past the block will just get you banned.
Id add People doing this in general to the list.

You know the word, I know the word. The asterisk makes no difference. Were adults, just grow up say the f***ing word.

Unread 23-06-2022, 12:46 PM
est.1878

Mirrors with lighting that make you look dug up

Unread 23-06-2022, 12:57 PM
Zorg

Interfaces on TVs, etc where you have to enter a password by moving a cursor around and clicking on each character. Jesus. Jesus Christ.