United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Food and Drink
Closed Thread

Unread 01-10-2014, 03:37 PM
Baron

Default Best food you've ever had?

Whilst my ragu is renowned as the absolute f***ing ***s, last week while away sunning myself in Tenerife (classy) I took the missus (no) to a 2 Michelin star restaurant for her birthday. The chef Martín Berasategui is a f***ing genius.

I'm still dreaming of the food now, f***ing astonishing fair & shat all over everything else I've ever had, other Michelin starred restaurants, even Tom Kerridge's 2 star pub, aren't in the same league as that.

I'd go back for a weekend break just to eat there

What's the best food you've had?

Unread 01-10-2014, 03:39 PM
Jethro

Had a pork chop with herb crust at Mr Coopers House and Garden which is in my top 5 meals of all time. Just f***ing wonderful

Unread 01-10-2014, 03:41 PM
Neo

Thumbs up

Double Sausage and Egg McMuffin from Maccy D's.

Unread 01-10-2014, 03:42 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Double Sausage and Egg McMuffin from Maccy D's.
I was waiting for the first unfunny c*** to post that.

Unread 01-10-2014, 03:45 PM
forwardirektion

A plate of wagyu beef drizzled with a hop chimichurri in a bar in barca a couple of weeks ago.

Unread 01-10-2014, 03:48 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
A plate of wagyu beef drizzled with a hop chimichurri in a bar in barca a couple of weeks ago.
The kind of thing that would have me making sex noises at the table

Unread 01-10-2014, 03:51 PM
forwardirektion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
The kind of thing that would have me making sex noises at the table
I got thrown out for adding my own special sauce

Unread 01-10-2014, 04:00 PM
jaffo

A bouillabaisse cooked right by the sea in the south of France. It was over 20 years ago and I still dream of it now.

Unread 01-10-2014, 04:24 PM
bobcraven

Likewise, Gambas Pil Pil, some fresh bread and a cold beer next to the
Mediterranean Sea.

Unread 01-10-2014, 04:30 PM
Child of Darkness

outdoor food always tastes nicer

Unread 01-10-2014, 05:23 PM
Throw

Had a single ravioli at a restaurant in NY a few years ago. Cant remember where, we just stumbled across it.

Looked like a billiard ball with a silk handkerchief (clean) dr*ped over the top and it was o*****ic.

Unread 01-10-2014, 05:25 PM
no fun

Curry night 4

Unread 01-10-2014, 05:30 PM
naes_sean

Not the best I've had but defo up there. I was in Memphis over the summer and had Gumbo covered chips at a diner off of Beale st.

Unread 01-10-2014, 05:46 PM
believe

Thumbs up

A wagyu steak at the rodeo grill in Abu dhabi, my wife said I had tears in my eyes when I finished.

I also had a braised lamb ravioli at a place called Alessa's in laguna beach just a couple of months ago that I will never forget. Just looking at going back and that's the thing I'm looking forward to the most.

Unread 01-10-2014, 06:22 PM
Neo

Quote:
I was waiting for the first unfunny c*** to post that.
Genuine answer.

I've eaten Kobe steak at Le Cirque' in the Bellagio, yet nothing comes close to the taste of the melted cheese, egg and meat between the floury bun of a sausage and egg McMuffin.

I'm convinced they put some kind of addictive drug into the recipe, as it gives my brain and tastebuds serious foodgasms. If I was starving, I'd pick a sausage and egg McMuffin over the highest quality dish served up in any Michelin star joint.

Unread 01-10-2014, 06:34 PM
Marlon Van Baron

Quote:
Whilst my ragu is renowned as the absolute f***ing ***s, last week while away sunning myself in Tenerife (classy) I took the missus (no) to a 2 Michelin star restaurant for her birthday. The chef Martín Berasategui is a f***ing genius.

I'm still dreaming of the food now, f***ing astonishing fair & shat all over everything else I've ever had, other Michelin starred restaurants, even Tom Kerridge's 2 star pub, aren't in the same league as that.

I'd go back for a weekend break just to eat there

What's the best food you've had?
It's just food you soft tw*t.....

Food sage ****er !!

Unread 01-10-2014, 06:35 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

A Mexican at home. Fajitas with the whole works. Tbh it's a simple enough meal that does the trick everytime.

Also had a diced chicken with roasted potatoes with sour cream and guacamole in a place in Sligo back in 2010. I've been trying to replicate it since. Unsuccessfully. It was o*****ic.

Unread 01-10-2014, 06:38 PM
andyroo

Wallaby pie

Unread 01-10-2014, 06:45 PM
jem

I often think of the liver and bacon at san lorenzo when the veggie option is f***ing risotto again.

but the nicest food I've had was probably some buddhist veggie stuffs from a stall in a car park in singapore.

Unread 01-10-2014, 06:51 PM
red @rmy

a tiny Argentinian steak house was the best steak I've ever tried.
And a tapas gaff run by a mad Belgian in the canaries is easily the best I've eaten.

I like rustic rather than Michelin starred tbh.
Closed Thread