United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic
Closed Thread

Unread 15-12-2010, 09:30 PM
suedeshoes

Default The 'never drinking again' thread.

Went out to watch United v Arsenal and to celebrate me mate's 40th birthday. It was in Leicester and the lads are all LCFC baby-squad ManU-haters but they're mates and tolerate me, my Mancunianess and my antics. I obviously got very drunk/stoned and on walking home (I assume I walked home...I have very little memory from about 11) about midnight I discovered I'd lost my key (I say 'discovered' as I cant remember...Im putting this together from the evidence I found in the morning).

Somehow, and for some reason I thought it best to sleep in the car. At 4.30am I woke up, rang the doorbell, woke up mrs shoes and went to bed. I awoke blissfully unaware of this until she went menkul at me for being a tw*t, waking her up in the middle of the night and drunkenly snoring like a beast all night. She went menkul again 20 minutes later when she went to the car to find I'd spewed me ring up all over the back seat. There was also half a spliff in the drink-holder of my lads car seat.

I also had chalk all over my coat which suggests I had a nice sit down at the car-wash place near us which has it's sign chalked on a fance. My key was in my coat pocket.
I feel a bit better today but yesterdays hangover was pure karma. I think she put a spell on me.
I'm never drinking again.

Unread 15-12-2010, 09:34 PM
f*** KFC

Default Re: The 'never drinking again' thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Went out to watch United v Arsenal and to celebrate me mate's 40th birthday. It was in Leicester and the lads are all LCFC baby-squad ManU-haters but they're mates and tolerate me, my Mancunianess and my antics. I obviously got very drunk/stoned and on walking home (I assume I walked home...I have very little memory from about 11) about midnight I discovered I'd lost my key (I say 'discovered' as I cant remember...Im putting this together from the evidence I found in the morning).

Somehow, and for some reason I thought it best to sleep in the car. At 4.30am I woke up, rang the doorbell, woke up mrs shoes and went to bed. I awoke blissfully unaware of this until she went menkul at me for being a tw*t, waking her up in the middle of the night and drunkenly snoring like a beast all night. She went menkul again 20 minutes later when she went to the car to find I'd spewed me ring up all over the back seat. There was also half a spliff in the drink-holder of my lads car seat.

I also had chalk all over my coat which suggests I had a nice sit down at the car-wash place near us which has it's sign chalked on a fance. My key was in my coat pocket.
I feel a bit better today but yesterdays hangover was pure karma. I think she put a spell on me.
I'm never drinking again.

great story thanks for sharing

Unread 15-12-2010, 09:36 PM
Billy Bigb*****

Bet you do

Unread 15-12-2010, 09:37 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by f*** KFC
great story thanks for sharing
I spose that's just a normal monday night for a jock.

Unread 15-12-2010, 09:38 PM
f*** KFC

Quote:
I spose that's just a normal monday night for a jock.
wouldn't know...and unlike you I can handle my ale

Unread 15-12-2010, 09:41 PM
Zorg

Quote:
I also had chalk all over my coat which suggests I had a nice sit down at the car-wash place near us which has it's sign chalked on a fance.

Unread 15-12-2010, 09:48 PM
dunk

I've done they key thing. I vividly remember leaning, or should I say, having the door prop me up while I rifled through all my pockets to no avail, ended up getting the missus up at about 5am to let me in.

During the autopsy of the evening the next morning (late afternoon) the missus is giving me the standard telling off for losing my key and waking her up as I empty the change out of my jeans, only to find my keys in the first pocket I looked. I reckon I must have had them in my hand 10 times without it registering

Unread 15-12-2010, 09:58 PM
elephantstone

I have some terrible drinking stories probably why I stopped 15 years ago. Stay stopped sueders

Unread 15-12-2010, 10:00 PM
Sam the Sanitary Man

I have 100s

Unread 15-12-2010, 10:00 PM
M-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
I have some terrible drinking stories probably why I stopped 15 years ago. Stay stopped sueders
Go on ......

Unread 15-12-2010, 10:02 PM
no fun

soil and vomit 29 years ago, never touched a drop since

Unread 15-12-2010, 10:04 PM
Wez

Thumbs up Re: The 'never drinking again' thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam the Sanitary Man
I have 100s
and the rest

Unread 15-12-2010, 10:04 PM
Whalefish

Unread 15-12-2010, 10:05 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
Think of it as cathartic. This thread is your thread, this thread is our thread...

I'm can only say with certainty that I'm not drinking again until I do.

Unread 15-12-2010, 10:38 PM
TravellingRed

I used to struggle to get my key in the keyhole when I was pissed, once woke my mam up to let me in, told her I'd lost my key. Which would've worked had the front door key not been in my hand :shakhead:
I'm suprised I'm still in one piece tbh, woke up at a picnic bench in some woods in Denmark once minus a shoe covered in sick and blood with no idea how to get back to my digs, finally got back about 5 hours after leaving the pub had a look in the mirror to find I had a cut from my eye right down my cheek. Still no idea to this day what happened.
One Christmas woke up covered in blood in bed with a chunk missing out of the bridge of my nose....

Unread 15-12-2010, 10:40 PM
Ben

anybody fancy a pint?

Unread 15-12-2010, 10:41 PM
Crumps

Have had problems with drink and drugs in the past. Will have a few pints every now and then but tbh I just start getting sleepy after 3 or 4 pints now. Mainly cut back on the drink as it lead to the other more often than not and I don't miss it really, think the fact that most pubs are shite now has eased me thinking I am missing out on summat.

And the thought of being that sad old c*** who bores everyone in the pub because they can't face going home to an empty house, wife they resent or parents depresses the shit out of me.

I had fun, perhaps a little too much fun but I have learned a lot from my mistakes and I am in a good position now, am genuinely happy and I aint f***ing that up for the sake of being one of the lads.

Show me someone who's in the pub every night and I'll show you a very sad individual.

Unread 15-12-2010, 10:44 PM
Wez

The new Crumps

Unread 15-12-2010, 10:47 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wez
The new Crumps
Holds his ale like a Muslim.

Unread 15-12-2010, 10:50 PM
Wez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Holds his ale like a Muslim.
Ive been calming down a bit myself, body cant seem to sustain the damage of beer everynight anymore; the local offie has a surplus of carrier bags and stella now
Closed Thread