United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Money

Unread 06-12-2021, 11:14 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tory Dave
Any decent ETFs anyone can recommend?

I intend to start putting more money away for my kids from Jan next year, only a few quid a month, so the easiest solution is to throw into a Fundsmith Accumulation fund, seems the safest option.

Iíve looked at Gold ETFs but their performance is underwhelming to say the least since 2011.

Anything which indexes Chinese stocks maybe which could rally next year?
Sold all my Chinese stocks over the past month. Doesn't look promising in short term.

Kept hold of alibaba (HK) only because it is so bad I would be losing over 50% of initial investment if I sold. Prepared to hold longer term as despite the nosedive, the business fundamentals are still there. Hugely undervalued at 112 hkd. Would imagine that it has to go back up at some point, but the risk is that China decides to break the company up and share price does an Evergrande.

Unread 06-12-2021, 03:52 PM
Tory Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Sold all my Chinese stocks over the past month. Doesn't look promising in short term.

Kept hold of alibaba (HK) only because it is so bad I would be losing over 50% of initial investment if I sold. Prepared to hold longer term as despite the nosedive, the business fundamentals are still there. Hugely undervalued at 112 hkd. Would imagine that it has to go back up at some point, but the risk is that China decides to break the company up and share price does an Evergrande.
Yeah, thinking back Chinese stocks may be getting a swerve for a bit .

For my kids I was for some reason wanting avoid just plundering it all into crypto and going for a more stable option, but the returns even in just stable coins are too good at the moment.

I think back at the chuffs I was getting over a 5% increase over a year in Fundsmith and just