United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-07-2008, 09:40 PM
chipper bruce

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
having watched him play for spurs i can say he isnt a prolific goal scorer.
20+ a season the last 4 years in all competitions, but yeah you're right, Darren Bent is what we need...

Unread 11-07-2008, 09:43 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:

i got the season wrong. he scored 15. still 9 less than adebayor and he made more appearances - For Spurs, Marlo.For Spurs.Bottom of the league at one point, sacked the manager the next.

he did play on his own upfront. you implied he played with eduardo upfront which was even more wrong when he made 13 starts. - Eduardo - 17 appearances for Arsenal in the league, with 5 assists and 4 goals

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eduardo...eer_statistics seeing as you love your stats.

You've said United should have been in for Darren Bent - Darren Bent! - You think Darren Bent could be, in any way, a United player?It proves you know £#%&! all. That's what it means.

what does this mean?
what relevance has this got?

Unread 11-07-2008, 09:46 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
but by your logic darren bent would do well at united.

at a team like charlton he scored 18 goals in one season and 13 in the season before that.

thats more league goals than berbatov in two seasons.

surely if he can score those goals in a relegation quality side, he would do well at united?

Unread 11-07-2008, 09:47 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipper bruce
20+ a season the last 4 years in all competitions, but yeah you're right, Darren Bent is what we need...
he averages 14 league goals in a proper league.

is that prolific?

Unread 11-07-2008, 09:51 PM
chipper bruce

Quote:
he averages 14 league goals in a proper league.

is that prolific?
Playing in shit teams where he gets as many assists as goals, yes.

Unread 11-07-2008, 09:52 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
but by your logic darren bent would do well at united.

at a team like charlton he scored 18 goals in one season and 13 in the season before that.

thats more league goals than berbatov in two seasons.

surely if he can score those goals in a relegation quality side, he would do well at united?

Do you think Darren Bent is better than Berbatov?

And shove your stats up your arse, yes or no?

Unread 11-07-2008, 09:56 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipper bruce
Playing in shit teams where he gets as many assists as goals, yes.
the target man we need gets as many goals as assists.
he is perfect.

Unread 11-07-2008, 09:58 PM
Part 36 Offer

I don't think it's as high as £25m.

Unread 11-07-2008, 09:59 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Do you think Darren Bent is better than Berbatov?

And shove your stats up your arse, yes or no?
id rather buy darrent bent for £15m than berbatov for £25m.

i also think darren bent would be better for united.as we already have tevez and rooney and our problem (if any) was our lack of cover.(a fit striker on the bench who offers something different like pace and power)

neither tevez or rooney have done anything to deserve being demoted to being a squad striker.

Unread 11-07-2008, 10:00 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
I'll be delighted with Berbatov.

Born to play for United.
This post is spot on.

I'll be ecstatic if we sign him.

If Ronaldo goes, a front 3 of Rooney, Berbatov and Tevez isn't bad, is it?

Unread 11-07-2008, 10:03 PM
schnitzel

Was enjoying this thread, wanted to contribute, but as I got nearer the end I could see it was developing into another spat.

With all the spats on this forum who generally is in the thick of it more than most?

Why?

Not a dig just an observation.

Berbatov is a good player, a bit like Eric but would he be good enough to hold the ball to feed Rooney and Tevez (or Nani pending on selection) I think so, with United we create chances, £25 million? It's not how we value him, it's how Spurs value him, points, goals and merchandise.

Darren Bent, yes has scored goals in not so good teams, not a United player though, would rather have Santa Cruz or the Russian guy from the Euro cup.

Unread 11-07-2008, 10:03 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
This post is spot on.

I'll be ecstatic if we sign him.

If Ronaldo goes, a front free of Rooney, Berbatov and Tevez isn't bad, is it?

Unread 11-07-2008, 10:05 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I am not a fan of Berbatov tbh.

Yes he has a sublime first touch and is capable of great moments from time to time, but I just don't like him.

If it's a goer, then fair enough, Fergie has made his choice and we will trust and see what happens.

But deep down I can't help but think 'What the £#%&!, Champions of Englnd and Europe and the best we can come up with is a mardy, greasy, slapped arsed @#%&! like Berbatov? We may as well have signed £#%&!in Crouch.'

I hope to £#%&! that Saha resurrects himself at OT, because a fit Saha, Rooney and Tevez would mean Berbatov (if he arrives) warming the bench.
Absolute %@#$&!s.

Some people are going to look very silly after a few games if Berbatov signs.

He's a sublime player.

Unread 11-07-2008, 10:08 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnitzel

Darren Bent, yes has scored goals in not so good teams, not a United player though, would rather have Santa Cruz or the Russian guy from the Euro cup.
can i ask why ????

Unread 11-07-2008, 10:13 PM
puressence

tbh and it pains me ..but id have adebayor above any forward we are being linked with

Unread 11-07-2008, 10:17 PM
schnitzel

Quote:
can i ask why ????
Yep, an I will answer.

Think with Rooney and Tevez (not relegating them to squad strikers with Ronaldo perhaps leaving and having that in mind) they are both good target men and all round centre forwards, and with options like Rooney and Tevez either side of them, they would be formidable.

At times some of our best play last season was with Ronaldo in the centre and those two running of him.

It's just my opinion, with Rooney and Tevez we have players who need feeding, we need a player that can do that, and for me Bent isn't the one.

Unread 11-07-2008, 10:21 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
tbh and it pains me ..but id have adebayor above any forward we are being linked with
racist

Unread 11-07-2008, 10:22 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnitzel
Yep, an I will answer.

Think with Rooney and Tevez (not relegating them to squad strikers with Ronaldo perhaps leaving and having that in mind) they are both good target men and all round centre forwards, and with options like Rooney and Tevez either side of them, they would be formidable.

At times some of our best play last season was with Ronaldo in the centre and those two running of him.

It's just my opinion, with Rooney and Tevez we have players who need feeding, we need a player that can do that, and for me Bent isn't the one.
so basically you want a striker who will feed rooney and tevez.

i guess its your opinion so far enough.

Unread 11-07-2008, 10:22 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
racist
agreeing with marlo you tool

Unread 11-07-2008, 10:24 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
agreeing with marlo you tool