United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-04-2019, 08:24 AM
Furry Russian hats

Decent performance last night but in truth we never looked like scoring apart from the Dalot header.

On big nights like this you need your big players to turn up and Pogba just didn’t, again, when does he ever? I don’t think he has the desire or will to win to be a top player, and by that l mean play consistently well which is what you need. Couldn’t be less arsed if he £#%&!ed off to Madrid.

Unread 11-04-2019, 08:28 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furry Russian hats
Decent performance last night but in truth we never looked like scoring apart from the Dalot header.

On big nights like this you need your big players to turn up and Pogba just didn’t, again, when does he ever? I don’t think he has the desire or will to win to be a top player, and by that l mean play consistently well which is what you need. Couldn’t be less arsed if he £#%&!ed off to Madrid.
i hope he goes. we'll be saying the same thing about him for years otherwise.

Unread 11-04-2019, 08:30 AM
barca99

Not read back through the thread so no idea whats been said but can only imagine.

Has everyone who said we would get demolished apologised? or are they piping up saying they were there for the taking should have been 3-0?

Difficult to call a game where we had zero shots on target a great performance but certainly proud of (some of) them.

Barca are arguably the best team in Europe and imo we pretty much matched them throughout the game and kept Messi quiet all game.

Not saying we should settle for losing to Barcelona (before people pipe up) but that could have been much worse given it was 0-1 after 15 minutes.

Half time in the tie and still in it

Unread 11-04-2019, 08:35 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
Not read back through the thread so no idea whats been said but can only imagine
had a quick read through, but the usual suspects were pissing their knickers. This kind of sums it up

Unread 11-04-2019, 08:36 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Not read back through the thread so no idea whats been said but can only imagine.

Has everyone who said we would get demolished apologised? or are they piping up saying they were there for the taking should have been 3-0?

Difficult to call a game where we had zero shots on target a great performance but certainly proud of (some of) them.

Barca are arguably the best team in Europe and imo we pretty much matched them throughout the game and kept Messi quiet all game.

Not saying we should settle for losing to Barcelona (before people pipe up) but that could have been much worse given it was 0-1 after 15 minutes.

you want people to apologise for expecting us to lose by more than we did. but you also think we did we well to only lose by 1.

"could have been much worse"

Why not just see the game the way you saw it, which is positively and good for you.. instead of trying to make yourself feel superior in comparison?

Unread 11-04-2019, 08:54 AM
Hands of Scone

Still got it

They turned over to watch Coronation Street when city were on

Unread 11-04-2019, 08:55 AM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
you want people to apologise for expecting us to lose by more than we did. but you also think we did we well to only lose by 1.

"could have been much worse"

Why not just see the game the way you saw it, which is positively and good for you.. instead of trying to make yourself feel superior in comparison?
You ok? Don't get angry at me because the game didn't go as you thought it would or as you would have liked.

I am merely stating the fact that majority of people complete and utterly wrote United off and expected a hammering. Pretty sure I pointed out that very rarely do united get hammered, especially at home.

Apologies for been the first person ever to gloat when they are right about something.

Like you said see the game as you see it but the knee jerk on here at times is unbelievable. Not sure its the right time (after a narrow defeat to Barcelona) to be saying the club is in decline, miles behind the best teams in Europe etc etc. Hardly miles behind if it was only 1-0 are we?

Unread 11-04-2019, 08:55 AM
windy waffles

Quote:

City will turn them over.

Thought they were bang average last night.

Unread 11-04-2019, 08:58 AM
75Red

Quote:

Apologise? For having an opinion about a football result?

I said elsewhere that I think we'll get battered. I meant the aggregate result but it was on a pre match thread so could have been read as battered last night. I expected us to lose 0-2 last night and expect at least 2 from them away.
I want to be wrong. If I'm wrong after the second game I'll be happy to say I was wrong but it won't be a £#%&!ing apology for having an opinion.

Not a single shot on target. If Barcelona had been anywhere close to their usual form they would have battered us. At home. With 2nd leg still to play.

Unread 11-04-2019, 09:13 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
You ok? Don't get angry at me because the game didn't go as you thought it would or as you would have liked.

I am merely stating the fact that majority of people complete and utterly wrote United off and expected a hammering. Pretty sure I pointed out that very rarely do united get hammered, especially at home.

Apologies for been the first person ever to gloat when they are right about something.

Like you said see the game as you see it but the knee jerk on here at times is unbelievable. Not sure its the right time (after a narrow defeat to Barcelona) to be saying the club is in decline, miles behind the best teams in Europe etc etc. Hardly miles behind if it was only 1-0 are we?
I'm not angry pal. I'd be chucking insults if I was. I'm interested in why you need to win something over on other reds.

Unread 11-04-2019, 09:53 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:

Barca definitely aren't the best team in Europe

I think Liverpool will knock them out in the next round and fairly convincingly as well

It's the same Barca side that got done 3 nil (and deservedly too) at Roma last season
They are very strong at home but away from the Nou Camp they are vulnerable however we barely landed a glove on them last night

Some positives but Barca beat us at our own ground without getting out of 2nd gear
That's 4 defeats in our last 6 home matches in the CL
We only had 4 defeats in our previous 72 home CL matches

Unread 11-04-2019, 10:19 AM
Coracao

Juve and PSG were more impressive at OT.

Unread 11-04-2019, 10:21 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Juve and PSG were more impressive at OT.
Liverpool weren't.

More to the point is we know Barcelona can play better than that but we're not really prepared to believe we can.

Unread 11-04-2019, 10:25 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Liverpool weren't.

More to the point is we know Barcelona can play better than that but we're not really prepared to believe we can.
Not sure we actually can, that's why Our lack of quality going forwards was glaring. No quality or finesse at all.

Unread 11-04-2019, 10:33 AM
messhead

Quote:

Think it's a shame that the only way we managed to quieten Messi was by smashing him in the face. However it will be fantastic to see him in all his glory at the Nou Camp. Some of his passing towards the end of the game was sublime. Definitely the best player in the world.

Unread 11-04-2019, 10:40 AM
My Name is Keith

Thought we were poor tbh.

If Barca have a weakness it’s at the back and our lack of quality in the final 3rd is shocking. Lukaku shouldn’t be anywhere near our 1st 11 and rashers needs to start stepping the £#%&! up more regularly. Personally I’d play martial - frustrating as £#%&! but one of the few that produce quality occasionally.

Our squad is mince.

Unread 11-04-2019, 10:42 AM
Sparky***

I was genuinely surprised by how Barcelona just let us into the game like that. Defensively they don't look very good and I think if they were playing any of the other quarter final opponents they'd have conceded at least a couple of goals last night.

They'll play Liverpool in the next round and on that evidence you'd fancy Liverpool to run them over at Anfield through sheer aggression - and unlike United - liverpool actually have the quality up front to punish them.

4 defeats in 5 games.. one goal at home in the champions league all season, and it seems after the longest dead cat bounce in memory we're seeing this lot level out now and their base level performance is £#%&!ing abysmal.

I'm hoping to £#%&! Solkjaer turns it around but i'm basing that purely on hope rather than any sort of expectation. All the harking back to yesteryear is wearing pretty thin now it's one thing using the past as a reminder of the standard we set ourselves but it's almost like he's doing it to try and convince the players they're better than they are.

Our standard as a club has plummeted so horribly it's almost hard to believe. We are an utter joke.

Unread 11-04-2019, 10:43 AM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by messhead
Think it's a shame that the only way we managed to quieten Messi was by smashing him in the face. However it will be fantastic to see him in all his glory at the Nou Camp. Some of his passing towards the end of the game was sublime. Definitely the best player in the world.
Best player in the world did nothing pal.

David Bentley scored a hatrick against a United defence that won the champions league.

Ergo Bentley > Messi

Unread 11-04-2019, 10:46 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
All the harking back to yesteryear is wearing pretty thin now it's one thing using the past as a reminder of the standard we set ourselves but it's almost like he's doing it to try and convince the players they're better than they are.
what else can he do with this set of players though? He's got to try and instill belief because there's so many sub-standard players

Young in particular is abysmal but we literally have no one in the squad good enough to replace him as a defensive right back. Darmian must be absolute turd in training. Lukaku reverted to type, Rashford is having a shitty patch, Martial gonna Martial

Massive, massive overhaul required. Again.

Unread 11-04-2019, 10:46 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by messhead
Yep, that's exactly what happened
Closed Thread