United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 25-10-2020, 12:00 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPaz
I agree with most of the points or counter points both you and Dunc make, very few would disagree with you on the James, Mata or DVB coments.

As for Ole his history with the club and the type of fella he appears to be makes a difference to me BUT the main reason I still support him is the I believe he is taking us in the right direction despite the issues with owners.

He's not perfect and his decisions I often find strange if not bazar but on the whole i'd stick with him.

I honestly don't think that bringing in a new manager would be an improvement other than maybe a short bounce that often occures when a change is made.

"No van der beek's here, only shoes and headscarves"

Unread 25-10-2020, 12:01 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Reading that Dunk just hits home to me the posting styles and excuses/lack of excuses depending on who the manager is and what your overarching opinion of him is.

You would have being chewing nails and spitting screws if Mourinho picked that team at home and not capitalised on Chelsea’s poor defending of late. And that’s before we even bring the strange treatment by of Van De Beek into it. But as it’s Ole it can’t be can it? He’s just easing him in. Even though he’s one of the only players that was ready to go with a pre season behind him. Dropping say Fred for Van De Beek wouldn’t be a gung ho move at home.

And why on earth is Dan James starting games. We’ve even got Mata back from the dead (who I happen to like) who should surely be coming off the bench in games like yesterday if we’re going anywhere.
Wow...Can’t say that!

Pitchforks being sharpened as we speak

Stickman

Unread 25-10-2020, 12:02 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
What’s happened to grinchy ffs?
I've got zero faith that Ole is the right manager mate. The rank hypocrisy is a separate but potentially fruitful avenue to explore.

Unread 25-10-2020, 12:02 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Careful mate, you'll be accused of being a glory hunter next.
Bed wetter is fine. Just means I can’t use the shades smiley.

Unread 25-10-2020, 12:05 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
I've got zero faith that Ole is the right manager mate. The rank hypocrisy is a separate but potentially fruitful avenue to explore.
Dr: You appear to have no magnesium in your body
Me: 0mg!!

Unread 25-10-2020, 12:10 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

"No van der beek's here, only shoes and headscarves"
Ffs

Unread 25-10-2020, 12:31 PM
utd99

“Dunc”

Unread 25-10-2020, 12:43 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Reading that Dunk just hits home to me the posting styles and excuses/lack of excuses depending on who the manager is and what your overarching opinion of him is.

You would have being chewing nails and spitting screws if Mourinho picked that team at home and not capitalised on Chelsea’s poor defending of late. And that’s before we even bring the strange treatment by of Van De Beek into it. But as it’s Ole it can’t be can it? He’s just easing him in. Even though he’s one of the only players that was ready to go with a pre season behind him. Dropping say Fred for Van De Beek wouldn’t be a gung ho move at home.

And why on earth is Dan James starting games. We’ve even got Mata back from the dead (who I happen to like) who should surely be coming off the bench in games like yesterday if we’re going anywhere.
I know what you’re saying, but the differences are quite clear between the two, for me, purely based on what Ole’s team have done when up to speed and confident. Mou would’ve been the one with the flat back 7 last night nqat.

The DvdB thing is nowhere near as ‘bazar’ as being made out, he will be in the team soon enough.

Should’ve played Greenwood and Cavani, neither sharp or fit enough though given lack of football so far for a game last night.

He’s made some odd and worrying decisions at times, got it right an awful lot too, but is dealing with unprecedented weirdness atm and deserves some slack.

Unread 25-10-2020, 12:48 PM
utd99

He’s getting slack Dunk, a lot of it. No one except for Scar and Sparky want him tinned and I’m not sure that would be the case if it was someone we were less vested in, but that doesn’t mean the man can’t be criticised, just like every other employee at this club. I remain hopeful but mystified in certain areas.

Unread 25-10-2020, 01:04 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
He’s getting slack Dunk, a lot of it. No one except for Scar and Sparky want him tinned and I’m not sure that would be the case if it was someone we were less vested in, but that doesn’t mean the man can’t be criticised, just like every other employee at this club. I remain hopeful but mystified in certain areas.
30% of people on here said they wanted him out in a poll the other week. It’s not just Scar and Sparky

Unread 25-10-2020, 01:05 PM
20LEgend1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
No one except for Scar and Sparky want him tinned
No one except them two, Alan, atticusgrinch, BarryX, Billy Bigb*****, Coracao, Curtis, elhombre, est.1878, fatneckredyed, flixton, geo100100, guerreiro, Gypsum Fantastic, Halloween, JamesPolk, Jan Kubis, King Kay El, les vagas, Long tongue phooey, Mr Kaboom, Mr_Ed, n48, pc6090, Red Santos, RedNick80, rustling jimmies, Tronics, Vito, Walter Sobchak and Whalefish,

Unread 25-10-2020, 01:10 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
30% of people on here said they wanted him out in a poll the other week. It’s not just Scar and Sparky
I stand corrected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
No one except them two, Alan, atticusgrinch, BarryX, Billy Bigb*****, Coracao, Curtis, elhombre, est.1878, fatneckredyed, flixton, geo100100, guerreiro, Gypsum Fantastic, Halloween, JamesPolk, Jan Kubis, King Kay El, les vagas, Long tongue phooey, Mr Kaboom, Mr_Ed, n48, pc6090, Red Santos, RedNick80, rustling jimmies, Tronics, Vito, Walter Sobchak and Whalefish,
‘Alan’ That lemon still lurks on here?

Unread 25-10-2020, 01:13 PM
redhegemony

Either of Rashford's chances go in and Ole's set it up perfectly and we had our No9 missing as well as Greenwood not being quite right.

Last year we beat them 4-0 in a game we probably deserved to draw or lose -
yesterday we deserved to win

From yesterday to 7th Nov we have 5 games so he's got to use the squad probably why Mata and James played.

When we have Martial and Greenwood back and Beek incorporated we will be a different proposition.

Unread 25-10-2020, 02:35 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Indeed. Agenda reds

Unread 25-10-2020, 08:57 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
What’s happened to grinchy ffs?
Mou diehard isn't he?