United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 24-10-2020, 05:02 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Rashford and Bruno then.
I mean moving forward this season.

Get the side solid and introduce the attacking midfielders.

Unread 24-10-2020, 05:02 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPaz
Its looking more and more like Ole didn't want him
No it doesn't, ffs.

He's a player that United have bought for the future, and has been identified by Ole and the club.

The game nowadays requires big squads with far more rotation. Not surprising at all that he's being eased in.

Unread 24-10-2020, 05:03 PM
Chris Quayd

Fred: drop Pogba
Also Fred: the replacements are shit

Unread 24-10-2020, 05:06 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
No it doesn't, ffs.

He's a player that United have bought for the future, and has been identified by Ole and the club.

The game nowadays requires big squads with far more rotation. Not surprising at all that he's being eased in.
All of the above. Some £#%&!ing sense

AK14

Think we’ll go 2 down but come back to win 3-2.

ZiggyStardust

Shocked by that team
I know they played well against Newcastle but Newcastle are dogshit

Felt sure he would go with the same formation as midweek against a side like Chelsea who have a very strong attack

Dan James is still a complete mystery
Plays like utter shite but keeps getting starts
Mata won’t work in a high intensity game like this

At least we have the bench options to change it as I think we’ll need to

Unread 24-10-2020, 05:08 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
We’re going to get shafted.

Unread 24-10-2020, 05:14 PM
LaPaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
No it doesn't, ffs.

I'm only gussing but if they were buying for the future wouldn't they have bought a less experienced player with potential rather than a established international?

I rather think the owners see him as a player they can sell at a profit in the not too distant future but that said not playing isn't going to add to his value.

He's had so little game time for a player with his reputation that easing him in feels a little thin.

Unread 24-10-2020, 05:17 PM
dunk

Quote:
I'm only gussing but if they were buying for the future wouldn't they have bought a less experienced player with potential rather than a established international?

I rather think the owners see him as a player they can sell at a profit in the not too distant future but that said not playing isn't going to add to his value.

He's had so little game time for a player with his reputation that easing him in feels a little thin.
Started 2 games and appeared in all 5 (?) of the others so far?

Unread 24-10-2020, 05:17 PM
ScarFace

Unread 24-10-2020, 05:18 PM
dunk

Pretty sure it was his ‘best players’ that were £#%&!ing appalling and got @#%&!ted against Spurs?

We all know he’s talking about Pogba, primarily, who absolutely everyone agrees is out of the side on merit.

Unread 24-10-2020, 05:21 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Clearly doesn’t rate him pal

Unread 24-10-2020, 05:24 PM
LaPaz

Quote:
Yeah didn't really count the leage cup or friendly at Villa. When he's come on in general he's generally done well (or at least ok) but hopefully he'll get a run soon.

Unread 24-10-2020, 05:24 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Guess he's trying to play James into some form/talent.
guess he's a £#%&!ing idiot then. chelsea's defence is shit, but still....

there is no excuse for that team. chelsea's scuttling movers will probably make maguire's head fall off.

whatever message he is sending to pogba, he shouldn't be sending it to donnie.

Unread 24-10-2020, 05:27 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Pretty sure it was his ‘best players’ that were £#%&!ing appalling and got @#%&!ted against Spurs?

We all know he’s talking about Pogba, primarily, who absolutely everyone agrees is out of the side on merit.
This.

We didn’t like this starting 11 last week and then it produced the best performance to date, so I can see why he’s stuck with it.

The continuing presence of James and the total lack of Telles is odd, but the rest - you can see why. Even if it backfires, which it could well do because there isn’t much between these two sides and that’s a pretty strong looking Chelsea 11.

Given our home form and their capacity to score, I’m a bit worried about this.

Be nice if we could start a game at home without looking like a bunch of ill-prepped zombies.

Unread 24-10-2020, 05:27 PM
windy waffles

Cracking bench tbf.

Unread 24-10-2020, 05:28 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Cracking bench tbf.
And we’re gonna need it.

Unread 24-10-2020, 05:30 PM
Mr_Ed

I’ve got a bad feeling about this

Unread 24-10-2020, 05:36 PM
Neo

Quote:

Van De Beek is a 23 year old who has come from the Eredivisie. He's not exactly highly experienced and established at the top level, despite picking up a few Dutch caps.

He will clearly get plenty of games over the course of his first season at United. Have some patience, ffs. Do you want Pellistri playing every minute, too?!

Unread 24-10-2020, 05:37 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
I’ve got a bad feeling about this
And you're usually a shining beacon of hope too