United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 21-10-2020, 01:57 PM
BarryX

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
well... maguire wasn't available and lindelof did ok. but I would have played wan-b, tuanzers and shaw as the three and left lindelof out (as I said before the game, I would play lotta okvist ahead of lindelof).

as for our best xi, it depends on the opposition, but... I don't really like 5-3-2 much. telles may suit it, but we should have kept dalot or pereira, because we don't really have a right wing-back. would have been ok with tfm there last night.

tuanzers and maguire seems like a better pairing than lindelof and anyone unless we are playing against girls/children.
Fair points, although I've personally lost a lot of faith in Maguire's positional nous and communication skills at the back, altogether. Sure, he may be a better overall individual player than Lindelof, and score the odd important goal, but it's a team game and reckon those weaknesses are too costly for us ATM. Hope he proves me wrong. All I know is that my kecks would have been a tad more browner had the slabster started last night.

Unread 21-10-2020, 02:48 PM
wiganste

first match thread I've read in a while. Great to see the forum has got rid of all the fannies

Unread 21-10-2020, 04:05 PM
bosskeano

not really sure how there could be any criticism coming from this game all things considered that boys were brilliant.

Hell, i can't even slate Shaw as he was very good alongside Lindelof and Tuanzebe.

If Rashford and Bruno make better choices then it could have been comfortable 3 or 4-1 type of game. Mbappe was the long threat coming in from the left and DeGea made those two important saves but PSG never really threatened other than those two and the free kick early in the first half.

now it's vital to carry this form back to league play and not go back to the hit or miss performances. Ole has his work cut out for him though given how short we are of attacking players with having so many difficult games coming up over the next couple of weeks.