United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic

Unread 12-09-2020, 10:22 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by big chief View Post
Aberdovy, or Aberdfyi in Welsh.

Fantastic beaches
Lovely place. I spent 3 weeks there in Nov/Dec 82 or 83, doing an Outward Bound course.

Unread 12-09-2020, 10:23 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair View Post
Not a beach without sand. There's a place like that not too far from me. Stones for a beach. Greystones. At least they are being honest.
North county Dublin has proper beaches

East coast is a bit rubbish though, Irish Sea doesn't have real waves. Brittas is decent but gets mobbed any day over 18 degrees.

Unread 12-09-2020, 10:56 PM
Jack Duckworth

lads heading to merseyside

bispham and cleveleys beaches are lovely.

Unread 13-09-2020, 04:21 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo View Post
North county Dublin has proper beaches

East coast is a bit rubbish though, Irish Sea doesn't have real waves. Brittas is decent but gets mobbed any day over 18 degrees.
Brittas is amazing because you can go so far out and still the water isn't that high.

Killiney beach is quality.

Unread 13-09-2020, 03:50 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth View Post
cleveleys beaches are lovely.

Was this a wum?

Bobbed in this morning. Crackheads waddling about and a stench of small town depression. Beach itself had scum aots and more concrete than the walk up to tier 2 at 0T

Quickly evacuated to Fleetwood. Easy free parking, few minor dunes and a wide beach with groynes for perfect wind shelter

The dunes between bpool and Lytham still top spot for me Clive. Free parking, small plane flightpath and proper soft, white, sand.

Unread 13-09-2020, 04:11 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878

Was this a wum?

Bobbed in this morning. Crackheads waddling about and a stench of small town depression. Beach itself had scum aots and more concrete than the walk up to tier 2 at 0T

Quickly evacuated to Fleetwood. Easy free parking, few minor dunes and a wide beach with groynes for perfect wind shelter

The dunes between bpool and Lytham still top spot for me Clive. Free parking, small plane flightpath and proper soft, white, sand.
always lovely whenever i've been mate? maybe the weather attracted the wrong uns?

(please note passive aggressive tone and insult).

Unread 13-09-2020, 04:17 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth View Post
always lovely whenever i've been mate? maybe the weather attracted the wrong uns?

(please note passive aggressive tone and insult).
OK, fella...

I'm just relieved you don't live there as didn't want any awkwardness

Plenty of milfs and dilfs up Fleetwood way...

Unread 14-09-2020, 01:43 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by big chief View Post
Aberdovy, or Aberdfyi in Welsh.

Fantastic beaches
Decent beach, wouldnít go as far as fantastic. The part in the village itself is always packed on a nice day, parking is shite, and then beach itself is a bit dirty because the tide rarely comes all the way up. The sand is full of fag ends and various bits of shite. Also poor for swimming if youíve got kids, loads of dodgy currents there. Admittedly itís nicer if you go up towards the golf course but itís a bit of a trek.

Far nicer beach is Ynyslas over the other side of the estuary.