United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-07-2019, 02:44 PM
d_knight

Was listening to this on ESPN Spanish commentary. Couldn't find anything on the internet radio in English.

Anyways 2 things I learnt:

1. They speak fast and in a very excited fashion so much so it reminds me of horse racing commentary.

2. They call young - Ashley 'forever' Young

Unread 20-07-2019, 02:49 PM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Greenwood to start against Chelsea?
Realistically he needs to go out on loan and play 30 plus games, would be better than u21s.

No point him staying here this season as he wont get much game time.

Unread 20-07-2019, 02:50 PM
Tiberian

At this stage last season Mourinho(The @#%&!) was acting as a martyr at the thought of playing young players, had no interest in doing so and set the mood for how the whole season would progress.

Unread 20-07-2019, 02:50 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
Realistically he needs to go out on loan and play 30 plus games, would be better than u21s.

Not a chance United will loan a player of his ability out. I think he will be in the match day squad more often than not this season.

Unread 20-07-2019, 02:56 PM
dragflick

Quote:

£#%&! that.

Unread 20-07-2019, 03:00 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:

Are you on crack?

He’ll start against Chelsea
Will start a lot of matches this season as he’s our most talented forward

Unread 20-07-2019, 03:00 PM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Not a chance United will loan a player of his ability out. I think he will be in the match day squad more often than not this season.
Well a few of them will need to make the step up sooner rather than later.

Imo a loan move to a decent championship side is better than u21s for them now, look at Axel (appreciate he is a little older)

Chong looked good again today perhaps him and Greenwood stay and Gomes and Garner go?

Lingard should be shitting himself the useless @#%&!.

Unread 20-07-2019, 03:03 PM
Buck

Greenwood has mannerisms so akin to Van Persie. You see a lot of young hyped up forwards turn out to be mere pace merchants. This kid can use both feet really well, is agile and perform different kinds of finishes.

He'll be in the England squad for Euro 2020 nqat.

Unread 20-07-2019, 03:05 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Well a few of them will need to make the step up sooner rather than later.

Imo a loan move to a decent championship side is better than u21s for them now, look at Axel (appreciate he is a little older)

Chong looked good again today perhaps him and Greenwood stay and Gomes and Garner go?

Lingard should be shitting himself the useless @#%&!.
I think a loan for someone like Chong is more realistic. But he is 2 years older than Greenwood, and a lesser player.

Greenwood is a prodigious talent, probably amongst the best in the World around those of a similar age and probably our most gifted attacker. United would be mental to even think about putting his development in the hands of another club. I think he will make 25-30 appearances this season, and wouldn't surprise me if he is established in the first XI by the end of the season.

Unread 20-07-2019, 03:17 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Greenwood has mannerisms so akin to Van Persie. You see a lot of young hyped up forwards turn out to be mere pace merchants. This kid can use both feet really well, is agile and perform different kinds of finishes.

He'll be in the England squad for Euro 2020 nqat.
Agree 100%

He's just what we need. We may not win the league with him this season, but he'll only get better by playing week in and week out. The best attacking coach we have is the manager. Greenwood will develop into a world class player under Ole

Unread 20-07-2019, 03:46 PM
Bunker Buster

If he starts banging on the reg, we could push for the title...

Very interesting times with James and Bissaka slotting in perfectly..

Unread 20-07-2019, 03:55 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
I think a loan for someone like Chong is more realistic. But he is 2 years older than Greenwood, and a lesser player.

Greenwood is a prodigious talent, probably amongst the best in the World around those of a similar age and probably our most gifted attacker. United would be mental to even think about putting his development in the hands of another club. I think he will make 25-30 appearances this season, and wouldn't surprise me if he is established in the first XI by the end of the season.
Ole has just said that at no time has he ever thought about loaning Greenwood out. He’ll play plenty of games.

Unread 20-07-2019, 04:04 PM
puressence

Yep send him loan. Ffs 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Unread 20-07-2019, 04:06 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
Ole has just said that at no time has he ever thought about loaning Greenwood out. He’ll play plenty of games.

Unread 20-07-2019, 04:07 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Realistically he needs to go out on loan .

This guy

Unread 20-07-2019, 04:15 PM
AnthonyMartial

What's the record for the youngest player to get 20 league goals in a top flight season?

This guy can score orthodox strikers goals like the one against Leeds and stunners like today.

Will be very difficult to leave him out.

Unread 20-07-2019, 04:18 PM
Jack Duckworth

i don't want to put too much pressure or expectation on a young lad, but greenwood could become the greatest player in the history of the game.

Unread 20-07-2019, 04:28 PM
AK14

Quote:

Unread 20-07-2019, 04:32 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMartial
What's the record for the youngest player to get 20 league goals in a top flight season?

This guy can score orthodox strikers goals like the one against Leeds and stunners like today.

Will be very difficult to leave him out.
PL era would be Fowler I would imagine.

Jimmy Greaves got 20 plus in his first season, at a younger age than Greenwood. But then again, he was an absolute freak of a goalscorer.

Unread 20-07-2019, 04:36 PM
AnthonyMartial

Quote:
PL era would be Fowler I would imagine.

Jimmy Greaves got 20 plus in his first season, at a younger age than Greenwood. But then again, he was an absolute freak of a goalscorer.
Yeah checked and fowler got 25 (albeit in over 40 games as there were then) in 94-95 which was the season he turned 20 so if Greenwood manages it next season he would be younger in premier league era terms.
Closed Thread