Unread 10-01-2022, 11:33 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Butt was a bit more than ‘basic’ tbf.
For what it’s worth, I did rate him.

Unread 10-01-2022, 11:36 PM
Red_Rizla

The Scottish Player deserved the MOTM, and I thought Fred played well. They are not the answer to our problems, but they are much better than bit-part squad players.

Unread 10-01-2022, 11:38 PM
redhegemony

When they get there both are fine but neither seems to be able to read the game so always playing catch up.

Unread 11-01-2022, 12:13 AM
measlyshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Butt was a bit more than ‘basic’ tbf.
Butt was great(ish), he described us as lacksadaisical on MOTD once, always have my vote after that.

Unread 11-01-2022, 12:44 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by measlyshark
Butt was great(ish), he described us as lacksadaisical on MOTD once, always have my vote after that.
Butty was a rock solid pro who could do the simple stuff very well, could read the game and regularly surpass himself through will and sheer effort. McTom could be similar with a superior partner.

Unread 11-01-2022, 12:50 AM
92ToBury

Let's not dress it up as anything other than what it is. St Nick of Gorton was our third best central midfielder and would be by far the best we've got today.

Matic is excellent for one game a week/fortnight.
Fred is a grafter but cannot win the ball back when tracking back trying to force an attacker off the ball. Time and again we have to watch as he painfully tracks back, loses out physically and doesn't put a tackle in.
The Scottish Player has a great engine but so did the Rover SD1 V8. He should be the third best midfielder we have.

Marlo, I'd add Pogba but it doesn't seem possible if he isn't £#%&!ing here. Technically he should be our best midfielder but he rarely proves it. He's a luxury player that we cannot afford and has stolen far too much in wages already.

Unread 11-01-2022, 01:02 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Let's not dress it up as anything other than what it is. St Nick of Gorton was our third best central midfielder and would be by far the best we've got today.

Matic is excellent for one game a week/fortnight.
Fred is a grafter but cannot win the ball back when tracking back trying to force an attacker off the ball. Time and again we have to watch as he painfully tracks back, loses out physically and doesn't put a tackle in.
The Scottish Player has a great engine but so did the Rover SD1 V8. He should be the third best midfielder we have.

Marlo, I'd add Pogba but it doesn't seem possible if he isn't £#%&!ing here. Technically he should be our best midfielder but he rarely proves it. He's a luxury player that we cannot afford and has stolen far too much in wages already.
Unfortunately both points are too true.

Unread 11-01-2022, 02:10 AM
Blomq15

I won’t hear anything against Nicky Butt. Absolute quality player.

Unread 11-01-2022, 04:00 AM
Neo

Thumbs down

McFred, ffs.

Two absolutely hideous footballers starting in central midfield for Manchester United. Week after week after week.

Make it stop. Please.

Unread 11-01-2022, 09:24 AM
dunk

Unread 11-01-2022, 09:26 AM
waynes ear's

sack the £#%&!ing @#%&! now.

Unread 11-01-2022, 09:27 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Neither are even squad players.

Watched a re run of United Villa Boxing Day 2000 at Villa Park - we huffed and puffed to a late winner but what stood out for me was how superior Nicky Butt of that era was to anything we have now, and he was pretty basic ffs
Butt was a top player. For me that’s exactly what we are lacking in midfield - someone who can just do the basics, recycle the ball efficiently, keep things flowing. As it stands we’ve got two midfielders who literally can not pass the ball more than 10 yards and Bruno who, as much as I love him, keeps trying to force things and he’s only frustrating himself and us.

You wonder if we do passing drills in training, and then you realise we probably do but with Maguire running at you in slow motion you’ve got all the time in the world and it’s not going to help much when you’ve got actual footballers closing you down in a game.

We’re rubbish to watch. Proper bottom of the barrel football. Wimbledon played more attractive football than we currently do ffs.

Unread 11-01-2022, 11:59 AM
Bion

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Butt was a top player. For me that’s exactly what we are lacking in midfield - someone who can just do the basics, recycle the ball efficiently, keep things flowing. As it stands we’ve got two midfielders who literally can not pass the ball more than 10 yards and Bruno who, as much as I love him, keeps trying to force things and he’s only frustrating himself and us.

You wonder if we do passing drills in training, and then you realise we probably do but with Maguire running at you in slow motion you’ve got all the time in the world and it’s not going to help much when you’ve got actual footballers closing you down in a game.

We’re rubbish to watch. Proper bottom of the barrel football. Wimbledon played more attractive football than we currently do ffs.
I'll watch forest and Ipswich all day than this bunch

Unread 11-01-2022, 12:01 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bion
I'll watch forest and Ipswich all day than this bunch
Off you pop then. You won’t be missed.

Unread 19-01-2022, 11:09 PM
AK14

Mctommers excellent second half

Fred shite through out but created the opening goal.

Both play better pushed further forward.

Unread 19-01-2022, 11:24 PM
Dr Stranger

The Scottish Player very good again. Starting to show some consistency now.

We’d have won at the weekend if he was available too.

Unread 20-01-2022, 04:05 AM
shenwen

Fred would be great if he could find a pass and not continually put his team under pressure.

McT bossed it. Was easily our best player.

Unread 20-01-2022, 06:10 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Fred would be great if he could find a pass and not continually put his team under pressure.

McT bossed it. Was easily our best player.
And not be so easily held off and ragdolled to the ground etc

He is a PUTRID 'Defensive midfielder'.

Unread 22-01-2022, 06:20 PM
Dr Stranger

The Scottish Player good again today.

Showing some good consistency in his performances now.

Fred decent too.

I’d hate McFred more if they weren’t so bleedin’ plucky.

Unread 22-01-2022, 06:26 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
The Scottish Player good again today.

Showing some good consistency in his performances now.

Fred decent too.

I’d hate McFred more if they weren’t so bleedin’ plucky.
Aye, we could do with a bit of guile there but I can’t hate them like some do.won that mf battle today
Closed Thread