United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-10-2021, 06:39 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
The bottom line is that however short of quality our midfield is, I refuse to believe that recent performances are the best we could possibly achieve. And that is down to Ole and his staff.
Fred is in the worst form of his time here. McT the same. Neither of those things is necessarily down to the manager.

Unread 04-10-2021, 06:42 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Fred is in the worst form of his time here. McT the same. Neither of those things is necessarily down to the manager.
Maybe an idea to drop someone in the worst form of his life?

Unread 04-10-2021, 07:15 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Maybe an idea to drop someone in the worst form of his life?
That’s where the lack of useful replacements comes in. He dropped Fred for Villarreal and Pogba was £#%&!ing atrocious. He immediately went back to the Fred safety blanket. Far from ideal. Not playing Beek is the petard he’s going to hoist himself on.

Unread 04-10-2021, 07:27 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
That’s where the lack of useful replacements comes in. He dropped Fred for Villarreal and Pogba was £#%&!ing atrocious. He immediately went back to the Fred safety blanket. Far from ideal. Not playing Beek is the petard he’s going to hoist himself on.
That's the most bizarre thing about it, of all the hills to die on it's an out of form Fred. Feels like it personal now with Donny, if he'd have put in the same performance that Fred did against Everton he'd be lucky to see the bench again.

Unread 04-10-2021, 07:37 PM
jem

Quote:
That’s where the lack of useful replacements comes in. He dropped Fred for Villarreal and Pogba was £#%&!ing atrocious.
just to be clear.... thinking that pogba is any kind of replacement for fred suggests..... let's just say a certain smiley optimism. because the words "a manager who is clearly out of his tiny £#%&!ing mind" don't sit well with you.

Unread 04-10-2021, 08:03 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
just to be clear.... thinking that pogba is any kind of replacement for fred suggests..... let's just say a certain smiley optimism. because the words "a manager who is clearly out of his tiny £#%&!ing mind" don't sit well with you.
Pogba thinks he’s a midfielder, he’s one of the midfield options that’s the whole point; his options are £#%&!ing shit, including Matic.

I honestly think he can set them up to be less shit, but it’ll be very defensive and probably involve 4 of the 5

Unread 04-10-2021, 08:04 PM
d_knight

Coaching is the problem you say?
Then let's reward them coaches with bumper new contracts like we do with them players.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ract-2024.html

Unread 04-10-2021, 08:06 PM
dunk

I don’t get it with Phelan, he’s not even always there is he?

Unread 04-10-2021, 08:06 PM
jem

Quote:
Pogba thinks he’s a midfielder, he’s one of the midfield options that’s the whole point; his options are £#%&!ing shit, including Matic.

I honestly think he can set them up to be less shit, but it’ll be very defensive.
neither fred nor pogba is a defensive midfielder. fred is shit and pogba is a brilliant, but unreliable, attacking midfielder who should not ever be played in a two-man midfield. ever.

matic, on the other hand, can play defensive midfield. and has been consistently our best midfielder when he has played. he is not the answer, but anyone picking fred or pogba ahead of him should be have their arms tied behind their back and be made to lie down for a while. maybe you and ole could lie down together.

Unread 04-10-2021, 08:08 PM
dunk

You realise Matic can barely move and has an hour in him at best? Well, you probably do but refuse to accept it. Were Matic 29 and he wasn’t picking him I’d be with you, but he just can’t do it enough. He slows the whole team down and moves like he’s in a strobe. Cost us both games v Leicester because they targeted him. As mentioned, he comes with his own set of issues.

Unread 04-10-2021, 08:11 PM
jem

Quote:
You realise Matic can barely move and has an hour in him at best? Well, you probably do but refuse to accept it. We’re Matic 29 and he wasn’t picking him I’d be with you, but he just can’t do it enough.
I'd rather watch matic for an hour and bring on a sub when necessary. to say he can barely move is merely to admit that you don't really watch him when he is on the pitch. it would be great if matic were 29. or 24. and if there were two of him. but he is still better than fred or pogba as a dm. until we actually buy some decent midfielders, he is the best option.

you are, though, welcome to your dogshit opinion.

Unread 04-10-2021, 08:14 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I'd rather watch matic for an hour and bring on a sub when necessary. to say he can barely move is merely to admit that you don't really watch him when he is on the pitch. it would be great if matic were 29. or 24. and if there were two of him. but he is still better than fred or pogba as a dm. until we actually buy some decent midfielders, he is the best option.

you are, though, welcome to your dogshit opinion.
As you are to yours. Matic would play every game if he could, as he did when Ole first took over, the reason he doesn’t is as I’ve listed; too old, too slow, too easily targeted. I’ve even cited examples. Carrick is probably still better than all of them at DM, he can’t play either.

Unread 04-10-2021, 08:22 PM
jem

Quote:
As you are to yours. Matic would play every game if he could, as he did when Ole first took over, the reason he doesn’t is as I’ve listed; too old, too slow, too easily targeted. I’ve even cited examples. Carrick is probably still better than all of them at DM, he can’t play either.
you cited examples of your own stupidity (and ole's). you highlight the odd time he has been let down by the rest of the team in games he doth bestride like a colossus. fred will find himself a dishonourable grave.

Unread 04-10-2021, 08:35 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
you cited examples of your own stupidity (and ole's). you highlight the odd time he has been let down by the rest of the team in games he doth bestride like a colossus. fred will find himself a dishonourable grave.
Excuses. Always an excuse for him.

The fact is we’re bickering over whether a creaking 34 year old who was finished at the highest level when he got here should or shouldn’t be the mainstay of our midfield. That is the problem.

The coaching might not be good enough, but it took pep changing the entire defence and most of the midfield to get his coaching to work.

Unread 04-10-2021, 08:42 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Excuses. Always an excuse for him.

The fact is we’re bickering over whether a creaking 34 year old who was finished at the highest level when he got here should or shouldn’t be the mainstay of our midfield. That is the problem.

The coaching might not be good enough, but it took pep changing the entire defence and most of the midfield to get his coaching to work.
Matic is 33.

Unread 04-10-2021, 08:44 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Matic is 33.
at least he was close with that bit.

obvs, we need to buy, though.

Unread 04-10-2021, 08:48 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Matic is 33.
Plays like he’s 40. Doesn’t matter.

Unread 04-10-2021, 08:50 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
at least he was close with that bit.

obvs, we need to buy, though.
If only there was some resource, where you could search for information like Matic's age, and you could get the answer just by typing in search terms....

We need a DM. I was saying this a year ago when we were signing Beeky and the brains trust, including said poster, were pooh poohing the very notion!

And nobody likes a pooh poohing.

Unread 04-10-2021, 08:52 PM
jem

Quote:
Plays like he’s 40. Doesn’t matter.
you're wrong, but you're balls deep. I king of admire that.

Unread 04-10-2021, 09:00 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
you're wrong, but you're balls deep. I king of admire that.
State.

Your defence of Matic is absurd as your championing of Valencia as a midfielder. You’ll take that as a compliment because you’re a pig headed mentalist.
Closed Thread