Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-02-2016, 12:12 AM
Cream

Default MOTD2 on now.

Sorry.

Unread 08-02-2016, 12:24 AM
truthnuke

Borthers got a bit of pasting off Willian didn't he? I've read loads on here tonight about what a great performance he had?

Unread 08-02-2016, 12:29 AM
est.1878

Something about Bojack

Unread 08-02-2016, 12:31 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthnuke
Borthers got a bit of pasting off Willian didn't he? I've read loads on here tonight about what a great performance he had?
They showed the Martial chance and skipped straight to 29 minutes, Chelsea attacking.

He had a very good game and they're showing his highlights as I type.

Unread 08-02-2016, 12:34 AM
truthnuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
They showed the Martial chance and skipped straight to 29 minutes, Chelsea attacking.

He had a very good game and they're showing his highlights as I type.
In which they didn't show him getting skinned a few times? Is it because he's English?

Unread 08-02-2016, 12:36 AM
Cream

Quote:
In which they didn't show him getting skinned a few times? Is it because he's English?
They would be his lowlights, as seen in the match highlights.

Unread 08-02-2016, 12:37 AM
truthnuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
They would be his lowlights, as seen in the match highlights.
Yet more balanced Cream.

Unread 08-02-2016, 12:37 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Willian got the better of him once that I can recall in a direct 1v1 situation. Borwick-Jackson did extremely well against a seasoned Brazil international at only 19 years of age. Can't fault him today. Or Darmian for that matter.

Unread 08-02-2016, 12:38 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Willian got the better of him once that I can recall in a direct 1v1 situation. Borwick-Jackson did extremely well against a seasoned Brazil international at only 19 years of age. Can't fault him today. Or Darmian for that matter.
Unlike that @#%&! Depay.

Sauntering back.

Unread 08-02-2016, 12:40 AM
Switching Off

Did it finish 1-1 again?

Unread 08-02-2016, 12:43 AM
truthnuke

Quote:
Oh don't get me wrong he looks decent Borthers, from what little we've seen. Positionally seems to understand his role, his delivery is good if not a little hopeful. We have this with every young british player brought through though. His ability defensively is questionable, but that is not over essential depending on what style of football you are trying to play though.

Darmian is an excellent footballer.

Unread 08-02-2016, 12:48 AM
S/Side.Red

Good honest interview from Daley there. Major £#%&!-up from him but he's re-found his form.

Unread 08-02-2016, 12:48 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Oh don't get me wrong he looks decent Borthers, from what little we've seen. Positionally seems to understand his role, his delivery is good if not a little hopeful. We have this with every young british player brought through though. His ability defensively is questionable, but that is not over essential depending on what style of football you are trying to play though.

Darmian is an excellent footballer.
I only call it as i see it tbf. I think he was very good today as we got a real tough examination for a good 20 mins in that 2nd half. Darmian was very good vs Hazard.

Martial had a couple of flashes here and there but we never really got to see him get up a head of steam vs Ivanovic because Willian did such a good job doubling up on him. Rooney was awful for the last 20 mins as well, I think that needs saying, the ball just didn't stick at all when it went up to him.

Out of all of it i think United's young players came out with much credit tbh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Good honest interview from Daley there. Major £#%&!-up from him but he's re-found his form.
deflecting blame from his countryman too.

Unread 08-02-2016, 02:03 AM
truthnuke

Quote:
I only call it as i see it tbf. I think he was very good today as we got a real tough examination for a good 20 mins in that 2nd half. Darmian was very good vs Hazard.

Martial had a couple of flashes here and there but we never really got to see him get up a head of steam vs Ivanovic because Willian did such a good job doubling up on him. Rooney was awful for the last 20 mins as well, I think that needs saying, the ball just didn't stick at all when it went up to him.

Out of all of it i think United's young players came out with much credit tbh.

deflecting blame from his countryman too.
And we are languishing in 5th with little hope of cracking top 4. I think people need a bit of a shake to remember that.

Unread 08-02-2016, 02:05 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
And we are languishing in 5th with little hope of cracking top 4. I think people need a bit of a shake to remember that.
That is true, but Utd's young players did ok today.

Unread 08-02-2016, 02:06 AM
truthnuke

Quote:
That is true, but Utd's young players did ok today.
Utd didn't win. Though.

Unread 08-02-2016, 02:07 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Utd didn't win. Though.
Yes. Yes I know that.

Unread 08-02-2016, 02:19 AM
truthnuke

Quote:
Yes. Yes I know that.
Well why are you banging on about how good the youth team players are then? We're 5th, we're mainly garbage to watch, we are so out of date it's unreal.

"But BUT BUT look at us with 4-3-3, so effective!"

What? We finished 4th just about, teams are playing 2-1-7 who we're competing with?

£#%&!ing joke of a club.

"Who gives a £#%&! because we had the most successful manager ever?"

20 times etc

Unread 08-02-2016, 02:21 AM
Sparky***

Do you wanna have a lie down mate?

Unread 08-02-2016, 02:25 AM
Cream

Quote:
Well why are you banging on about how good the youth team players are then? We're 5th, we're mainly garbage to watch, we are so out of date it's unreal.

"But BUT BUT look at us with 4-3-3, so effective!"

What? We finished 4th just about, teams are playing 2-1-7 who we're competing with?

£#%&!ing joke of a club.

"Who gives a £#%&! because we had the most successful manager ever?"

20 times etc
Can't you just let him be #proudofthelads?
Closed Thread