thatsfuctit

Default Ronaldo Rooney Tevez - All The Goals 2007 08

Unread 21-03-2020, 06:30 PM
believe

If you wasn’t depressed enough by the current situation

Cheers for all the videos pal.

Unread 21-03-2020, 06:52 PM
Pop

The absolute £#%&!ing cheek to suggest any PL City or Liverpool side were better than them.

£#%&! off.

Unread 21-03-2020, 06:59 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Probably the most pleasant 15 minutes of the week that

Unread 21-03-2020, 07:13 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
The absolute £#%&!ing cheek to suggest any PL City or Liverpool side were better than them.

£#%&! off.
Not many, if any, United sides were tbf.

Unread 21-03-2020, 07:16 PM
dunk

£#%&!ing scandalous that we only got one season of them in all their glory

Btw, how good was Nani easily one of the most underrated United players.

Unread 21-03-2020, 07:24 PM
Neo

Thumbs up

That period between 2007-2009, with the Moscow European Cup final in 2008 sandwiched in the middle, was peak United for me. Obviously the '94 side was incredible, and '99 is our greatest achievement, but that 2007-2009 period was just so special.

Suppose a large part of it was down to the fact that for the first time since the 60s we had the best player on the planet doing ridiculous things for us week-in-week-out.

Unread 21-03-2020, 09:58 PM
Patty_b

Thumbs up

Great vid. Best front three in Europe at a time when we had the best back three in Europe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
£#%&!ing scandalous that we only got one season of them in all their glory

Btw, how good was Nani easily one of the most underrated United players.
Nani was a fantastic player. Frustrating as hell but always had something in his locker to offer the team.

One of a few players who should not have been sold during the LVG period imo.

Unread 21-03-2020, 11:19 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Nani was a fantastic player. Frustrating as hell but always had something in his locker to offer the team.

One of the few players who should not have been sold during the LVG period imo.
Slight alteration, tbf. There is a bit of revisionism regarding some others.

Unread 21-03-2020, 11:25 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Slight alteration, tbf. There is a bit of revisionism regarding some others.
Disagree. I think Welbeck, Evans, Hernadez, and Zaha at least had something to offer to keep them at the club at the time.

Unread 21-03-2020, 11:59 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Disagree. I think Welbeck, Evans, Hernadez, and Zaha at least had something to offer to keep them at the club at the time.
Like what? He scored a blinder on his debut against Stoke but then became either a striker who couldn't score or a winger who couldn't cross.

Agree with Hernandez, but Evans wasn't good enough and continues to prove it. Zaha was just bad timing and a couple of years older and no Moyes and he probably would have been okay. I'd also have kept Rafael; tried his %@#$&!s off, was decent going forward and we've had worse right-backs since.

Unread 22-03-2020, 12:07 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Like what? He scored a blinder on his debut against Stoke but then became either a striker who couldn't score or a winger who couldn't cross.
Welbeck would have been a cracking player under Mourinho imo, would've been his perfect player for the wide left position. Love the club and would work for the team. We had players that weren't technically brilliant but provided the legs for the team under Fergie before, and imo he was one of them.

Quote:
Agree with Hernandez, but Evans wasn't good enough and continues to prove it. Zaha was just bad timing and a couple of years older and no Moyes and he probably would have been okay. I'd also have kept Rafael; tried his %@#$&!s off, was decent going forward and we've had worse right-backs since.
Evans would be above Jones and Smalling for me, and Zaha over time and under the right management would have worked out, or we could have sold him for more that the pittance than he left the club for at the time,

Unread 22-03-2020, 12:15 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Welbeck would have been a cracking player under Mourinho imo, would've been his perfect player for the wide left position. Love the club and would work for the team. We had players that weren't technically brilliant but provided the legs for the team under Fergie before, and imo he was one of them.

Evans would be above Jones and Smalling for me, and Zaha over time and under the right management would have worked out, or we could have sold him for more that the pittance than he left the club for at the time,
We'll have to agree to disagree on Welbeck - I don't see him as a successful player and him failing at Arsenal and not exactly shining at Watford backs that up.

Disagree with Smalling being worse than Evans. The big problem with the other is that "above Jones" isn't a decent enough reason to keep Evans. The bigger issue is that Fergie nor anyone since has binned Jones off because he's never been available long enough to get anything out of him. Never managed 30 league games a season and only managed over 20 four times since he arrived in2011. You can't build a defence around someone who won't be there for over 25% of the matches. Bruce, Pallister, Stam, Rio, Vidic - all virtual ever presents barring suspension.

Agree with Zaha - we bought him too early as I said and had the wrong manager in resulting in too much turmoil.

Unread 22-03-2020, 12:16 AM
dunk

Injuries killed Welbeck’s career. Not as good as we hoped, nowhere near as bad as claimed.

Unread 22-03-2020, 12:20 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
We'll have to agree to disagree on Welbeck - I don't see him as a successful player and him failing at Arsenal and not exactly shining at Watford backs that up.
Fair. I never thought he'd be a world beater, but thought he'd be a squad asset even now.

Quote:
Disagree with Smalling being worse than Evans. The big problem with the other is that "above Jones" isn't a decent enough reason to keep Evans. The bigger issue is that Fergie nor anyone since has binned Jones off because he's never been available long enough to get anything out of him. Never managed 30 league games a season and only managed over 20 four times since he arrived in2011. You can't build a defence around someone who won't be there for over 25% of the matches. Bruce, Pallister, Stam, Rio, Vidic - all virtual ever presents barring suspension.
Again, never would put Evan's as a starter, but Smalling and Jones have only got 2 Premier League starts between them this season. I would put Jones above them both at the moment.

Quote:
Agree with Zaha - we bought him too early as I said and had the wrong manager in resulting in too much turmoil.
I wouldn't put him in our starting 11 now when everyone's fit, but the fact that he's linked to Arsenal for over £40 mil over the last couple of seasons is a massive kick in the balls.

Unread 22-03-2020, 12:23 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Injuries killed Welbeck’s career. Not as good as we hoped, nowhere near as bad as claimed.
He was. 24 goals in 115 games in his main three seasons for us is piss poor, whichever position he played up front.

Unread 22-03-2020, 12:25 AM
dunk

Quote:
He was. 24 goals in 115 games in his main three seasons for us is piss poor, whichever position he played up front.
How old was he when he left, 22? Still had plenty of time to be a player. Again, not as good as hoped, not as bad as claimed.

Unread 22-03-2020, 12:27 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Again, never would put Evan's as a starter, but Smalling and Jones have only got 2 Premier League starts between them this season. I would put Jones above them both at the moment.
Jones the player, yeah, Jones the perma-crock, no. As Mourinho found out, you can't run a top-end Prem team on two fit centre-backs. With Rojo and Bailly out as well, we were knackered. Rojo has quite rightly been cut loose as much as I liked him and his ability to somehow avoid red cards; not sure why the same hasn't happened to Jones? Perhaps we're waiting on the Smalling situation to see if it becomes permanent then can swap both Smalling and Jones out for A.N. Other.

Quote:
I wouldn't put him in our starting 11 now when everyone's fit, but the fact that he's linked to Arsenal for over £40 mil over the last couple of seasons is a massive kick in the balls.
Totally agree with you - not the first player we've bought or sold at the wrong time though.

Quote:
How old was he when he left, 22? Still had plenty of time to be a player. Again, not as good as hoped, not as bad as claimed.
Two months short of his 24th birthday. Still not good enough. Fletch and Wes came through worse injuries.