Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post
"could" is doing a lot of heavy lifting there
Don’t worry, Sparky…

Unread 08-03-2023, 10:55 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger View Post
responsibility for what exactly? They don't half come out with some shite these journos

Unread 08-03-2023, 11:00 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post
responsibility for what exactly? They don't half come out with some shite these journos
“Joel, they’ve offered £6bn”

“What does Murtough think?”

Unread 08-03-2023, 11:09 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:

ffs

Unread 09-03-2023, 12:07 AM
20LEgend1999

Quote:

Unread 09-03-2023, 08:19 AM
AK14

Quote:

Unread 09-03-2023, 10:25 AM
Dr Stranger

Things could speed up, says man in very slow voice.

Unread 09-03-2023, 10:31 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
https://twitter.com/centredevils/sta...aSbh7vgQsN2lEQ

They don’t know a thing. All “coulds” and “maybe” I’m going to create a Twitter account and start “ Man Utd could be ready to sell before the end of the season “

Ultimately the only ones who will really know are the Raine group, who I highly doubt would give a shit what UK journalists spew and have their own confidentiality with the process and not release any information or the guys at the very top , glazers, ratcliffe, Qataris and their lawyers who will all have client confidentiality .

Unread 09-03-2023, 10:41 AM
armchair

Never have so many words been written by those who knew so little. They just change the first paragraph of their articles to be somewhat intriging then cut and paste old establishing details of the runners and riders as the rest of the article

Sources at Manchester United confirm that the Glazers are at a highly advanced stage in the forensic examination of takeover bids with John Murtough highly involved. It is thought progress could be made in the coming weeks with one bid a slight favourite.

The Glazers controversial take-over...

The feeling at Old Trafford is...

Unread 09-03-2023, 11:06 AM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair View Post
Never have so many words been written by those who knew so little. They just change the first paragraph of their articles to be somewhat intriging then cut and paste old establishing details of the runners and riders as the rest of the article

Sources at Manchester United confirm that the Glazers are at a highly advanced stage in the forensic examination of takeover bids with John Murtough highly involved. It is thought progress could be made in the coming weeks with one bid a slight favourite.

The Glazers controversial take-over...

The feeling at Old Trafford is...
It’s basically just a bonus transfer window for the lazy journos.

Unread 09-03-2023, 11:28 AM
puressence

convinced we could pull a massive twitter site account fill it with sources and have better knowledge

Unread 09-03-2023, 11:30 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
https://twitter.com/centredevils/sta...aSbh7vgQsN2lEQ

Narrator: "It didn't"

Unread 09-03-2023, 12:50 PM
Denis Irwell

Decent perspective in the latest Athletic.

Accumulative value of shares and value of the debt is normally taken into account to formulate value of the club. Apparently, Glazers getting excited every time share prices go up and citing that value when it is at the crest of the wave. Bidders, rightly pointing out that it is only because of any rumoured progress with their take over that share values actually rise. As soon as there’s any murmurs of the leeches staying, values plummet but these £#%&!ers, typically, seek to benefit from the value of bidders interest when shares peak and that’s where the difference in the club’s value lies. Hence current impasse. In the bidders eyes, club is valued at what it is under current ownership, not their prospective ownership.
Also suggests nothing will be done until May, when it is known whether we have qualified for CL, new season ticket income is incoming and a clearer view of prospective transfer plans can be made.

Unread 09-03-2023, 01:22 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence View Post
convinced we could pull a massive twitter site account fill it with sources and have better knowledge
#Fred. It’s basically been alive for years.

Unread 09-03-2023, 02:44 PM
avocado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell View Post
Decent perspective in the latest Athletic.

Accumulative value of shares and value of the debt is normally taken into account to formulate value of the club. Apparently, Glazers getting excited every time share prices go up and citing that value when it is at the crest of the wave. Bidders, rightly pointing out that it is only because of any rumoured progress with their take over that share values actually rise. As soon as there’s any murmurs of the leeches staying, values plummet but these £#%&!ers, typically, seek to benefit from the value of bidders interest when shares peak and that’s where the difference in the club’s value lies. Hence current impasse. In the bidders eyes, club is valued at what it is under current ownership, not their prospective ownership.
Also suggests nothing will be done until May, when it is known whether we have qualified for CL, new season ticket income is incoming and a clearer view of prospective transfer plans can be made.
Not really accurate though. Share price of a fully listed company clearly impacts on what a bidder has to pay, as you wouldn’t expect shareholders to sell at less than current trading price. But United is not fully listed. Only the A Shares are listed and the Glazers own (I think) only around 10% of them. They do, however, control around 60% (again I think, as things things can be opaque) of the unlisted B Shares, which is where they will extract their value.

Unread 09-03-2023, 04:13 PM
moransbleedinghead

My sources tell me the the selling process will either speed up, slow down, proceed at current speed or stop completely. Just need to add a few fluffy words and I've got myself a news story.

Unread 09-03-2023, 04:26 PM
avocado

Quote:
Originally Posted by moransbleedinghead View Post
My sources tell me the the selling process will either speed up, slow down, proceed at current speed or stop completely. Just need to add a few fluffy words and I've got myself a news story.
You can do better. Split the first sentence up and you've got 4 news stories

Unread 09-03-2023, 06:45 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by moransbleedinghead View Post
RIP Mystic Meg.

Unread 10-03-2023, 04:19 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado View Post
Not really accurate though. Share price of a fully listed company clearly impacts on what a bidder has to pay, as you wouldn’t expect shareholders to sell at less than current trading price. But United is not fully listed. Only the A Shares are listed and the Glazers own (I think) only around 10% of them. They do, however, control around 60% (again I think, as things things can be opaque) of the unlisted B Shares, which is where they will extract their value.
Fair point but they’d still jump at prices when they peak (due to outside interest) to justify their asking price