United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-04-2023, 12:25 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Hill
Same here as, Southampton are dirty & set out to injure our best players, but never show the same sort of antics when they play the bnindippers ,cITY or The Goonors! as for West Ham, well i'd Love it , if United were to play a part in the appy ammers going down & the more controversial , then the more most of us with long memories would enjoy it & as for, Leeds well that goes without saying really!
We had a golden opportunity under Fergie and blew it when Sheffield U went down instead. Couldn’t believe the players let that go. As for Leeds, understandable to want them down but I’d rather see their utter dejection when their misguided giddiness tuns sour every time we beat them.. and we usually do.

Unread 07-04-2023, 12:42 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
We had a golden opportunity under Fergie and blew it when Sheffield U went down instead. Couldn’t believe the players let that go. As for Leeds, understandable to want them down but I’d rather see their utter dejection when their misguided giddiness tuns sour every time we beat them.. and we usually do.
This. I actually left the stadium before they lifted the trophy because I was so livid we let them off the hook.

Short memories of West Ham going ballistic when they stopped us and Leeds won it.

Defo a Fergie rednapp deal ahead of that one.

Unread 07-04-2023, 12:54 PM
Chorlton74

southampton, everton, leeds, west ham.

any of these will do me.

Unread 07-04-2023, 12:58 PM
NedKelly

West Ham would be fantastic as it would mean we’d probably get Rice for an even cheaper sum than I originally anticipated.

Unread 07-04-2023, 02:02 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
This. I actually left the stadium before they lifted the trophy because I was so livid we let them off the hook.

Short memories of West Ham going ballistic when they stopped us and Leeds won it.

Defo a Fergie rednapp deal ahead of that one.
Hmmm…. Can’t think of any other explanation. Don’t actually remember the circs. Had we wrapped up the title?

Unread 07-04-2023, 02:18 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell

Hmmm…. Can’t think of any other explanation. Don’t actually remember the circs. Had we wrapped up the title?
We’d already won the title. They had to either win or draw to stay up from memory. They managed

Rednapp and Fergie all smiles at the end.

Unread 07-04-2023, 02:51 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
We’d already won the title. They had to either win or draw to stay up from memory. They managed

Rednapp and Fergie all smiles at the end.
Was Curbishley iirc, absolutely disgusting day out. I was planning to jib and someone had a freemans, show up and it's someones gf who had a ticket next to her, £40 a pop and had to stay behind to watch the ceremony in the pissing rain and the downer ruined the vibe ahead of the FA Cup final the following week which we duly lost.

Unread 07-04-2023, 03:01 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
West Ham would be fantastic as it would mean we’d probably get Rice for an even cheaper sum than I originally anticipated.
would rather have mubama.

Unread 07-04-2023, 03:08 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
It’s £1.10 down the local chippy ffs

Unread 08-04-2023, 03:21 PM
red in cumbria

Everton still right in it based on today.

Unread 08-04-2023, 05:31 PM
thatsfuctit

Lingard an unused sub for Forest, they must be really benefiting from his experience & influence

Unread 08-04-2023, 05:33 PM
dunk

Looks like Leicester are resigned…

Unread 08-04-2023, 05:53 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Everton still right in it based on today.
Surprised by them today. They were four and unbeaten and had made themselves difficult to play against.

That Simms chance aside, that’s one of the easiest opponents we’ve played all season. Wide open and no threat. Only our shite finishing prevented a thumping.

Unread 15-04-2023, 08:09 PM
Knockers

Just looked at Everton’s run-in. They’re down, lads. Always been the second result I look for but they have to answer for the 4-4.

I’d personally give Southampton a pass for preventing The Quadruple but looks like they’re £#%&!ed an’all.

Unread 15-04-2023, 11:35 PM
red in cumbria

Southampton are down, nqat. Its two from maybe half a dozen to join them now.

Unread 16-04-2023, 11:42 AM
Dr Stranger

A few weeks back, nobody was a stand out dead cert to go down….but Southampton have changed that. They’re gone.

Two more from Leicester, Forest and Everton

Everton were fortunate last season that Burnley left themselves too much to do. There happened to be three worse teams than them. I think the same wil happen this season and it’ll be Leicester and forest, but I’d love to see Everton go down.

Brand new stadium in their first ever year in the championship.

Unread 16-04-2023, 12:07 PM
Coracao

Don't think you can really rule out anyone from Wolves down. Couple of results changes a lot given how close they all are.

Wolves themselves have some interesting fixtures Probably a good job they won the last 2.

Wolves - 34 Pts

Leicester (a)
Palace (h)
Brighton (a)
Villa (h)
Utd (a)
Everton (h)
Arsenal (a)

Bournemouth - 33

West Ham (h)
Southampton (a)
Leeds (h)
Chelsea (h)
Palace (a)
Utd (h)
Everton (a)

West Ham - 30 pts

Arsenal (h)
Bournemouth (a)
Liverpool (h)
Palace (a)
City (a)
Utd (h)
Brentford (a)
Leeds (h)
Leicester (a)

Leeds - 29 pts

Liverpool (h)
Fulham (a)
Leicester (h)
Bournemouth (a)
City (a)
Newcastle (h)
West Ham (a)
Spurs (h)

Everton - 27 pts

Palace (a)
Newcastle (h)
Leicester (a)
Brighton (a)
City (h)
Wolves (a)
Bournemouth (h)

Forest - 27 pts

Utd (h)
Liverpool (a)
Brighton (h)
Brentford (a)
Southampton (h)
Chelsea (a)
Arsenal (h)
Palace (a)

Leicester - 25 pts

Wolves (h)
Leeds (a)
Everton (h)
Fulham (a)
Liverpool (h)
Newcastle (a)
West Ham (h)

Southampton - 23 pts

Arsenal (a)
Bournemouth (h)
Newcastle (a)
Forest (a)
Fulham (h)
Brighton (a)
Liverpool (h)

Those don't look good for Forest.

Unread 16-04-2023, 12:53 PM
AK14

Yeah Southampton are surely done

Everton and West Ham to join them would be my choices.

Unread 16-04-2023, 12:55 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Don't think you can really rule out anyone from Wolves down. Couple of results changes a lot given how close they all are.

Wolves themselves have some interesting fixtures Probably a good job they won the last 2.

Wolves - 34 Pts

Leicester (a)
Palace (h)
Brighton (a)
Villa (h)
Utd (a)
Everton (h)
Arsenal (a)

Bournemouth - 33

West Ham (h)
Southampton (a)
Leeds (h)
Chelsea (h)
Palace (a)
Utd (h)
Everton (a)

West Ham - 30 pts

Arsenal (h)
Bournemouth (a)
Liverpool (h)
Palace (a)
City (a)
Utd (h)
Brentford (a)
Leeds (h)
Leicester (a)

Leeds - 29 pts

Liverpool (h)
Fulham (a)
Leicester (h)
Bournemouth (a)
City (a)
Newcastle (h)
West Ham (a)
Spurs (h)

Everton - 27 pts

Palace (a)
Newcastle (h)
Leicester (a)
Brighton (a)
City (h)
Wolves (a)
Bournemouth (h)

Forest - 27 pts

Utd (h)
Liverpool (a)
Brighton (h)
Brentford (a)
Southampton (h)
Chelsea (a)
Arsenal (h)
Palace (a)

Leicester - 25 pts

Wolves (h)
Leeds (a)
Everton (h)
Fulham (a)
Liverpool (h)
Newcastle (a)
West Ham (h)

Southampton - 23 pts

Arsenal (a)
Bournemouth (h)
Newcastle (a)
Forest (a)
Fulham (h)
Brighton (a)
Liverpool (h)

Those don't look good for Forest.
That Everton v Leicester game looks crucial .

Unread 16-04-2023, 01:00 PM
Bunker Buster

Everton are a proper club, no way would I want them gone....
Closed Thread