United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-04-2023, 10:50 AM
Dr Stranger

I really want Everton to go down.

Southampton, Bournemouth and Leeds, for me Jeff.

Interesting one because nobody is cut off and nobody is Derby, Swindon, Norwich levels of shit.

Unread 02-04-2023, 10:51 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Bournemouth
Southampton
Palace

If I had a choice.

Utter mogadon dull uninteresting clubs with the dullest fans imaginable - literally zero appeal. Would change the rules so that a 4th club gets relegated specifically as long as it was Brighton.

South coast clubs - £#%&!ing hell, watch rugby, play tennis or whatever it is you do down there and leave football to the north.
hate speech.

harsh on brighton. also, harsh on selhurst park.

Unread 02-04-2023, 11:50 AM
MagnificentSeven

gotta be leeds for me.

i don't care that it's a more interesting fixture than bournemouth, southampton, etc. they're scum, i hate them, we've beaten them enough times to inflict misery on them since they came up now, and i want them to go back into obscurity where they belong.

Unread 02-04-2023, 12:36 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
gotta be leeds for me.

i don't care that it's a more interesting fixture than bournemouth, southampton, etc. they're scum, i hate them, we've beaten them enough times to inflict misery on them since they came up now, and i want them to go back into obscurity where they belong.
That where I was at when they first went down. I can’t stand them - their fans are the biggest #@&%!s in the game - racist low iq knuckle draggers.

So many joys to be taken from their misery - I just find the thought of playing Bournemouth or Brighton at old Trafford the most unappealing fixture known to man.

Unread 02-04-2023, 12:45 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
That where I was at when they first went down. I can’t stand them - their fans are the biggest #@&%!s in the game - racist low iq knuckle draggers.

So many joys to be taken from their misery - I just find the thought of playing Bournemouth or Brighton at old Trafford the most unappealing fixture known to man.
Totally agree but enjoy beating Leeds.

Conflicted.

Try to see the positives that they can’t all go down but at least a bunch of @#%&!s or none entities will.

Unread 02-04-2023, 03:31 PM
suedeshoes

Be good for Southampton to go. Proper dull club.

Bournemouth is and are pointless.

Unread 02-04-2023, 06:38 PM
red in cumbria

How can anyone on here not want Leeds to go down FFS

Unread 03-04-2023, 04:52 PM
Chris Quayd

There should be a four-team London cap so Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal + a rolling cast of those other non-entities. Nothing specifically against Brentford, Brighton or Bournemouth but could they look to merge under one umbrella and stay outside of the top flight?

Ideal top league needs geographic diversity, could do worse than a quick reset to look something like this:

Northwest Power 3: United, Liverpool, city, Ev
Plane-gawp grandees: Blackburn, Bolton
Steelers: Sheff Weds/U
Northeast: Sunderland, Newcastle
Mid-table Midlanders: Villa, Wolves, Derby, Forest
cockney Collective: Arse, Chels, Spurs +1
Wilcards (two from three): Plymouth, Coventry, Carlisle

Unread 03-04-2023, 05:10 PM
jem

in what world do bournemouth and brighton not provide geographic diversity? "the south coast" isn't a place.

how about manchester and liverpool are only allowed one team each, because they are both smaller than birmingham (who will be allowed birmingham city and villa) and derby can £#%&! off?

would take fulham over chelsea, too. city and chelsea banished for various financial offences.

should probably keep a couple of public schools, too. old etonians have won the cup more times than leeds or leicester (although, admittedly, you haven't made space for either of them).

Unread 03-04-2023, 05:19 PM
est.1878

Everton to win 1-0 tonight, twici

Unread 03-04-2023, 05:41 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
in what world do bournemouth and brighton not provide geographic diversity? "the south coast" isn't a place.

how about manchester and liverpool are only allowed one team each, because they are both smaller than birmingham (who will be allowed birmingham city and villa) and derby can £#%&! off?

would take fulham over chelsea, too. city and chelsea banished for various financial offences.

should probably keep a couple of public schools, too. old etonians have won the cup more times than leeds or leicester (although, admittedly, you haven't made space for either of them).
Assumed you would have understood that geographic diversity is not the sole consideration, weighting given to historical success but being good 50+ years ago (Bradford PA, Bishop Auckland, Etonians etc) is not alone enough to gain admittance.

To suggest no Manchester or Liverpool derbies barely merits a response. The Northwest has been the engine of English football since the day it was founded, by contrast Bournemouth have no right to trouble anything above the third tier.

Would be open to other south coast/east anglia additions on diversity grounds but would like to see an expanded league with 22 teams in order to accomodate.

Unread 03-04-2023, 06:05 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
The Northwest has been the engine of English football since the day it was founded....
nope. I think you'll find it was good old public schools. codified, brought it to the masses. hijacked by the working classes, who then had the audacity to claim it was getting ponced up recently. shameful ignorance of history.

your version is starting to sound a bit like what the yanks want in europe.

Unread 03-04-2023, 06:15 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
nope. I think you'll find it was good old public schools. codified, brought it to the masses. hijacked by the working classes, who then had the audacity to claim it was getting ponced up recently. shameful ignorance of history.

your version is starting to sound a bit like what the yanks want in europe.
Half of the founder members were north west, first winners were north west including the first invincibles, four north west teams have won about 56 of the 120 odd championshipsc, I could go on.The entire south had to wait until 2012 (and billions of embezzled roubles) to make its mark in the top level of European football.

Unread 03-04-2023, 06:58 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Half of the founder members were north west, first winners were north west including the first invincibles, four north west teams have won about 56 of the 120 odd championshipsc, I could go on.The entire south had to wait until 2012 (and billions of embezzled roubles) to make its mark in the top level of European football.
of the jcl football league, maybe. not of the football association (or early winners of the f.a. cup). nor those writing the various iterations of the cambridge rules.

I'm sure you could go on, but thank the toffs for all that you enjoy in life. soz. they carried the flame when the rest of you were banned.

Unread 03-04-2023, 07:04 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
of the jcl football league, maybe. not of the football association (or early winners of the f.a. cup). nor those writing the various iterations of the cambridge rules.

I'm sure you could go on, but thank the toffs for all that you enjoy in life. soz. they carried the flame when the rest of you were banned.
All the toffs did was codify a version of a sport that existed the world over in one form or another. It’s the north west that made it what it is.

Unread 03-04-2023, 07:16 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
How can anyone on here not want Leeds to go down FFS
On here maybe. Lots of match goers like big matches believe it or not. taking 6 points each year from Leeds is better than beating woodchip wallpaper Bournemouth

Quayders

Unread 05-04-2023, 09:44 PM
est.1878

West Ham are a proper club but would take pleasure in their demise....

Unread 05-04-2023, 10:14 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
West Ham are a proper club but would take pleasure in their demise....
Thought they were safe after the weekend, but who knows what effect that shit show might have on them

Unread 06-04-2023, 12:11 PM
92ToBury

Leicester and Forest have the worst form right now. That said, Palace were plummeting until Leicester broke their fall.

Happy for all those three to go.

Unread 06-04-2023, 03:51 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMUFC2020
I would love West Ham to go down with Soton and Leeds for me
Same here as, Southampton are dirty & set out to injure our best players, but never show the same sort of antics when they play the bnindippers ,cITY or The Goonors! as for West Ham, well i'd Love it , if United were to play a part in the appy ammers going down & the more controversial , then the more most of us with long memories would enjoy it & as for, Leeds well that goes without saying really!
Closed Thread