United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-10-2007, 08:35 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default Team v Kev - The Official Thread.

After much considered thought I'm going with this :-

VDS
Wes
Rio
Vidic(if fit Pique if not)
Senegalese Superman
Fletcher
Scholes
Anderson
Ronnie
Tevez
Rooney

Not particularly happy about putting Munch's "The Scream" in the team but Giggs hasn't been playing that well and though I'd like to put Nani in, maybe the extra protectrion Darren might bring is more sensible in a tough away.

Unread 23-10-2007, 08:40 AM
MUFC One Love

Some interesting comments in his conference and stuff recently. Saying we'll play counter-attack, why would he tell them? Does this mean we're going to attack from the off then? Also talking about Tevez and Rooney partnership I'm sure he said something about tactics are different sometimes but when they're in this form he has to play them together. When everybody is fit will he play 2 up front? Or Hargreaves with Carrick and Scholes? Especially in big games that means Rooney/Tevez misses out?

I'd go for;

VDS

Brown
Rio
Vida
Evra

Ronaldo
Scholes
Anderson
Giggs

Rooney
Tevez

Unread 23-10-2007, 08:49 AM
puressence

think it will be

vds

brown

rio

vidic if fit

evra

ronnie scholes fletcher giggles

rooney and tevez

Unread 23-10-2007, 08:57 AM
El Calafate

VDS

Brown
Rio
Vida
Evra

Ronaldo
Scholes
O'Shea
Giggs

Rooney
Tevez

every paper is saying that Anderson will be dropped for O'Shea.

nft.

Unread 23-10-2007, 09:03 AM
antonin jablonsky

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...9520-19993633/

But Fergie wants at least a point tonight and believes his players are capable of providing further evidence of their growing maturity in Europe, despite the absence of key midfielders Owen Hargreaves and Michael Carrick, as well as Saha. "I'd like to have had Carrick and Hargreaves here, because they're ideal European players," said Ferguson (right). "But in Paul Scholes, Anderson and John O'Shea we have good options.

"There's a possibility we may play three in the midfield, as we did in Lisbon. But whatever we do, the intention will be for us to go out and win.

Hopefully if we do play O' Shea it's as part of a 3 with Anderson still playing, it'd be just plain stupid to drop him.

Unread 23-10-2007, 09:05 AM
MUFC One Love

So who misses out? Tevez?

Or will it be Ronnie, Tevez, Rooney? But he won't drop Giggs. Saying that he'll drop Anderson to fit Giggs in to the "middle 3" basically - walk around doing what you want all night with your hands on your hips.

Unread 23-10-2007, 09:15 AM
Bishovetz

[quote=MUFC One Love;608699
I'd go for;

VDS

Brown
Rio
Vida
Evra

Ronaldo
Scholes
Anderson
Giggs

Rooney
Tevez[/QUOTE]

moi aussi.

Unread 23-10-2007, 09:16 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love

Or will it be Ronnie, Tevez, Rooney? But he won't drop Giggs. Saying that he'll drop Anderson to fit Giggs in to the "middle 3" basically - walk around doing what you want all night with your hands on your hips.

He's made it clear he aint gonna be dropping Tevez or Rooney any time soon, waxing lyrical about their partnership in his press conference yesterday. It'll likely be Anderson dropped IF O' Shea or "The Scream" come into the team as he won't, though he probbly should, drop Giggs.

Unread 23-10-2007, 09:17 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
He's made it clear he aint gonna be dropping Tevez or Rooney any time soon, waxing lyrical about their partnership in his press conference yesterday. It'll likely be Anderson dropped IF O' Shea or "The Scream" come into the team as he won't, though he probbly should, drop Giggs.
But if he drops Anderson for O' Shea that's still a 2 man midfield? He said he might play 3. That means a striker drops out surely?

Unread 23-10-2007, 09:19 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
But if he drops Anderson for O' Shea that's still a 2 man midfield? He said he might play 3. That means a striker drops out surely?
Or Giggs I s'pose. I'd certainly drop him ahead of Tevez and Rooney. Also, if he drops Anderson for O' Shea but selects Giggs he might consider that a midfield 3 due tio Ryan no longer really playing as a winger.

Unread 23-10-2007, 09:20 AM
sharath

Quote:

it can't be ronnie. Ronnie is one of those who fergie trusts to produce with consistently and in a tight match he can make the diff and also who will take the penalties without him? All are just shit.

Basically it will be giggs or tevez. It will be giggs and thank £#%&! for that.

Unread 23-10-2007, 09:22 AM
The Watcher

Kiev didn't look very good against Sporting a few weeks back. I really think we should be going for the win.

VDS

Brown
Rio
Vidic
Evra

Scholes
Anderson
Giggs

Ronaldo
Tevez
Rooney

Unread 23-10-2007, 09:23 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharath
it can't be ronnie. Ronnie is one of those who fergie trusts to produce with consistently and in a tight match he can make the diff and also who will take the penalties without him? All are just shit.

I'd agree it should be Giggs, though I'd be a bit less harsh about it. It'd be madness to drop Anderson considering how well the midfield has worked in the last 2 games with him in. It's not like he's a risk either, he puts himself about, has great energy and rarely gives the ball away.

Unread 23-10-2007, 09:24 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:

I bet you was wrapped up in your Ronnie duvet typing that wasn't you? Telling yourself over and over that Ronnie will start.

Bedders, it should be Giggs but I'm just counting him as starting because it's a 1 in 100 chance Fergie would drop Giggs for games like this, which is sad really. He's been our worst player for a while and shouldn't be starting.

Unread 23-10-2007, 09:25 AM
sharath

Quote:
I'd agree it should be Giggs, though I'd be a bit less harsh about it. It'd be madness to drop Anderson considering how well the midfield has worked in the last 2 games with him in. It's not like he's a risk either, he puts himself about, has great energy and rarely gives the ball away.
Its not harsh. Sometimes players go through bad patches and if you keep on playing them they will keep on struggling and confidence goes rockbottom. you have to take them out of the firing line. I would have fresh giggs against boro at home rather than a hand on hips giggs away to kiev.

Also nani and anderson are in form, so should continue but in nani's case ronaldo will come in unfortunate for nani.

I would also like tevez and rooney to get rest. both have worked their %@#$&!s off continously for club and country.

Unread 23-10-2007, 09:26 AM
sharath

Quote:
I bet you was wrapped up in your Ronnie duvet typing that wasn't you? Telling yourself over and over that Ronnie will start.

keep on telling yourself same thing over and over again, you will feel it coming alive.

Unread 23-10-2007, 09:28 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:

I would also like tevez and rooney to get rest. both have worked their %@#$&!s off continously for club and country.
Tonight? Mmm, perhaps not the worst idea. 2 wins from 2 gives SAF the option of playing with no strikers. Why not play with no goal keepers too, £#%&! it, 0 points is 0 points whatever way you look at it.

Unread 23-10-2007, 09:28 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Its not harsh. Sometimes players go through bad patches and if you keep on playing them they will keep on struggling and confidence goes rockbottom. you have to take them out of the firing line. I would have fresh giggs against boro at home rather than a hand on hips giggs away to kiev.

Also nani and anderson are in form, so should continue but in nani's case ronaldo will come in unfortunate for nani.

When I said harsh, I just meant I wouldn't say "thank £#%&! for that". I agree Giggs has been a ways off his best this season. I'd also say, I don't like him playing more than once a week anymore and after a long flight and a very short break between gamesm, this is definitely a game I'd rest him for.

Unread 23-10-2007, 09:30 AM
sharath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Tonight? Mmm, perhaps not the worst idea. 2 wins from 2 gives SAF the option of playing with no strikers. Why not play with no goal keepers too, £#%&! it, 0 points is 0 points whatever way you look at it.
I didn't say tonight. In some match maybe on of those needs a rest. How many matches has been it now that tevez continually worked his %@#$&!s off? 6? If only that sicknote @#%&! would be arsed to get his arse out of the treatment room and onto the pitch.

Unread 23-10-2007, 09:31 AM
El Calafate

Quote:
When I said harsh, I just meant I wouldn't say "thank £#%&! for that". I agree Giggs has been a ways off his best this season. I'd also say, I don't like him playing more than once a week anymore and after a long flight and a very short break between gamesm, this is definitely a game I'd rest him for.
he's just had 2 weeks off, ffs!

nft.
Closed Thread