United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-03-2019, 02:35 PM
Baron

Football Szczesny dishes the dirt on his Arsenal teammates

Nicked from elsewhere, but a rare insight about what a player thinks about his teammates:

Quote:
On Ramsey:

He never considered football as a tactical game. He is the guy who runs for the whole 90 mins. He runs more than any player I’ve played with, 13 km per game with no problem. Imo, he’ll be a great addition to Juve

On Rosicky:

You watch him play with great pleasure. His movement on the pitch was impressive, full of class and grace. I still believe he must be the richest footballer I know. He never spent any money. The whole time I was at Arsenal he had the same car, a 2005/6 Mercedes, and he only wore clothes from his sponsor. The only thing he didn’t spare on was his guitar.

On Samir Nasri:

He always thought he was some kind of gangster. Everyone has this guy at school, who had strong and big friends and it made him think he’s cool.

On Hleb:

He could have achieved more in football. He still made a great career but he liked to drink.

On Henry:

The best player in #afc's history. The best player in PL history. Was very demanding, especially on the youngsters. The guys always said they were afraid of him in training. When you failed a pass, he got pissed and let you know he’s not happy very vocally. Great guy.

On Wilshere:

My best friend, alongside Krychowiak. At my wedding he got so drunk, we were looking for him everywhere for 2 hours and found him sleeping in bushes. He had 1 injury that he never really fixed and it’s caused the next and the next. He’s one of the greatest talents I ever met. Because of injuries he now plays in West Ham rather than a big European club.

On van Persie:

You have to admit, he left for Man United and the following year won a title, however, after that he got benched, moved to Turkey and his big career ended. He could have made other decisions and achieved lots more at #Arsenal. He’s extremely arrogant – sometimes.

On Bendtner:

One of the most intelligent guys I played with. You see Nick, well-organised, neat, in-form and it seems everything is going great for him. The next day you open a newspaper and read – “Drunk Bendtner driving wrong way” and you are like, what the £#%&!? I don’t know, he’s a guy with 2 personalities. The most confident guy I played with.

On Gervinho:

Who thought he would be in the top 40 I played with?! Add one more 0.

On Olivier Giroud:

The most handsome player I played with, and he knows it. He loves himself, even more than [Grzegorz] Krychowiak. You know, little beard comb, oils for chest. Great guy and a very underrated player.

On Bacary Sagna:

In my opinion, Bac, at his peak was the best right-back in the Premier League. When the game wasn’t going well for us, I’d just pass long balls to him on the halfway line. We used to train for this and 98 times out of 100 he’d win the ball.

On Hector Bellerin:

Heccy still has lots to improve in defence. Now that he’s a wingback, he’s giving more offensively. His style is a little weird, but whose isn’t. He got that from his mum.

On Ozil:

7 times he’s brilliant, 2 times he’s horrible. He’s not lazy as people say. Great guy. He can’t stabilise his form in the PL and I really can’t tell why. He has unbelievable vision on the pitch.

On Podolski:

I remember, and I’m not lying to you now, that in training, when Poldi got the ball inside the box, 10/11 metres out, I didn’t want to save it. I just covered my head. I swear, I just protected the head. He’s a really funny guy and yet a really normal person.

On Arshavin:

Hilarious guy, he has the funniest laugh ever. The season he joined us, we played lots of small games in training and we were like, “wow, we are going to win the league”. We didn’t.

On Cazorla:

We were at a training camp in Cologne, Germany when Santi joined us. In the first training session, we played small games. After training, the guys gave Arsene a round of applause for signing Cazorla. Slow, small, but one of the best I’ve played with. He has an unbelievable mind and technique. I can’t tell what was his best asset, but you played with him and were like, “Oh my God, he’s so good.” Lovable, friendly, always smiling. I’m not wanting to insult him but he did have a tendency to gain weight.
Some gold in there

Unread 19-03-2019, 02:38 PM
waynes ear's

could have been more accurate by just saying "they're all £#%&!ing fannies"

Unread 19-03-2019, 02:43 PM
My Name is Heath

I really rated Carzola. Thought he had some top skills.

Unread 19-03-2019, 02:48 PM
Throw

Seems like a nice fella. Makes a change from everyone being called a @#%&!. Youve got to get on with your team mates havent you?

Unread 19-03-2019, 02:48 PM
Time For Heroes

Gervinho

Can't believe he didn't mention his massive head.

Unread 19-03-2019, 02:52 PM
Switching Off

He's just destroyed Marlo

Unread 19-03-2019, 02:53 PM
jaffo

"we were like, “wow, we are going to win the league”. We didn’t."

Hard to argue with that

Unread 19-03-2019, 02:55 PM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath

I really rated Carzola. Thought he had some top skills.
Wonderful player and genuinely felt sad for him when I saw the pic of him walking out to an empty Emirates last season just to say goodbye to the place. That injury absolutely £#%&!ed him, glad to see him doing relatively well back in Spain.

Unread 19-03-2019, 02:55 PM
Throw

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffo
"we were like, “wow, we are going to win the league”. We didn’t."

Hard to argue with that
Amazing (or perhaps not) how premier league footballers, with all their experience, still think like 8 yr olds. "He's amazing, we're gonna win the league now!" Remember saying that when a talented kid joined our school. We didn't.

Unread 19-03-2019, 02:56 PM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
He's just destroyed Marlo
Exactly what I was thinking everyone else got either a compliment or some form of banter; Nasri gets called a @#%&! essentially

Unread 19-03-2019, 02:58 PM
jaffo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throw
Amazing (or perhaps not) how premier league footballers, with all their experience, still think like 8 yr olds. "He's amazing, we're gonna win the league now!" Remember saying that when a talented kid joined our school. We didn't.
I remember thinking that when we signed Sanchez. We didn't.

Unread 19-03-2019, 03:26 PM
ZiggyStardust

Is that great guy bit at the end of the Henry one sarcastic
Insight into why it went so badly wrong for him at Monaco

The bit about Nasri
Shots fired at the "wolf pack"

Unread 19-03-2019, 03:35 PM
AK14

Quote:
We were at a training camp in Cologne, Germany when Santi joined us. In the first training session, we played small games. After training, the guys gave Arsene a round of applause for signing Cazorla

Unread 19-03-2019, 03:36 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
The bit about Nasri
Shots fired at the "wolf pack"
£#%&!ing hell i forgot that massive @#%&! actually described them as that.

Where is the £#%&!wit anyway?

Unread 19-03-2019, 04:41 PM
Whip Hubley

"The season he joined us, we played lots of small games in training and we were like, “wow, we are going to win the league”. We didn’t"

This guy is a comedy genius

Unread 19-03-2019, 06:11 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time For Heroes
Gervinho
That is quality snide tbf.

Unread 19-03-2019, 07:56 PM
sa7

Quote:
You have to admit, he left for Man United and the following year won a title, however, after that he got benched, moved to Turkey and his big career ended. He could have made other decisions and achieved lots more at #Arsenal. He’s extremely arrogant – sometimes.

Unread 19-03-2019, 08:00 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by messhead
Wonderful player and genuinely felt sad for him when I saw the pic of him walking out to an empty Emirates last season just to say goodbye to the place. That injury absolutely £#%&!ed him, glad to see him doing relatively well back in Spain.
Have you seen the pic of his ankle I'll dig it out later

Unread 19-03-2019, 08:09 PM
Buck

Cazorla was top class. Got to admire a player who is equally good with either foot. One of the reasons I was a massive fan of Nani.

Unread 19-03-2019, 08:25 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Cazorla was top class. Got to admire a player who is equally good with either foot. One of the reasons I was a massive fan of Nani.
Diego Forlan, whatever his other shortcomings, was one of the most genuinely two footed players I have ever seen.
Closed Thread