United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-01-2012, 11:36 AM
armchair

Default David de Gea vs Anders Lindegaard

One is a good keeper and the other may be a great keeper one day.

But who should play when?

Unread 04-01-2012, 11:39 AM
Charlestown Rouge

De Gea - all the time unless injured.

Unread 04-01-2012, 11:39 AM
borsuk

the dane

Unread 04-01-2012, 11:40 AM
antonin jablonsky

You could play either but decide on a number one and stick with him. Fergie seems determined to £#%&! De Gea up this season.

I'd stick with De Gea personally as he is gonna be world class and is gonna be our long term no.1. If we go with Linda that's fine, hope he doesn't get jumped all over if he makes a mistake or gets an elbow in the head.

Unread 04-01-2012, 11:42 AM
Agent Dale Cooper

They should have a fight to the death pre-match. There can be only one.

Unread 04-01-2012, 11:43 AM
dunk

For the sake of our title bid and unsettled defence, Anders.

That said, they need to get De Gea in behind a settled defence and settled-ish midfield and let him settle imo.

Unread 04-01-2012, 11:45 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
For the sake of our title bid and unsettled defence, Anders.

That said, they need to get De Gea in behind a settled defence and settled-ish midfield and let him settle imo.
Either way, rotating keepers behind a defence that changes every week is £#%&!ing madness.

Unread 04-01-2012, 11:45 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Linda is not spanish and that absolutely swings it in his favour in my opinion.

Unread 04-01-2012, 11:46 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Anders is top quality though, really surprised how well he's done since joining us but for me De Gea is number one and at times this season has been exceptional (Stoke/Liverpool away)

Unread 04-01-2012, 11:47 AM
jem

put this in the boxing forum and let them sort it out.

(I'm happy with either keeper - linda will be better on crosses and de gea will be a better keeper who will improve.)

Unread 04-01-2012, 11:48 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Either way, rotating keepers behind a defence that changes every week is £#%&!ing madness.
That is the crux of the problem. If we had Evra, Vidic and Rio playing every game I could just about tolerate the musical chair like selections at RB and in goal, but as it is it's all £#%&!ing me right off

Unread 04-01-2012, 11:53 AM
Ghetts

DDG, if faith is kept with him he will turn out a world beater imo.

Unread 04-01-2012, 11:53 AM
borsuk

i don't get why people say 'de gea is going to be world class' as if it's blindingly obvious. it's not. be that as it may though, if we're talking about who should be in goal for us now as we try to catch/overtake city then he's quite a way behind lindegaard - who looks to be far better than we anticipated.

don't get me wrong, de gea's a young lad and there's plenty of time, it would be daft to write him off. i hope he turns into a blindingly good keeper at some point, best of luck to him, but so far let's not beat around the bush, he's been a bit ben foster

Unread 04-01-2012, 11:54 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
i don't get why people say 'de gea is going to be world class' as if it's blindingly obvious. it's not. be that as it may though, if we're talking about who should be in goal for us now as we try to catch/overtake city then he's quite a way behind lindegaard - who looks to be far better than we anticipated.

don't get me wrong, de gea's a young lad and there's plenty of time, it would be daft to write him off. i hope he turns into a blindingly good keeper at some point, best of luck to him, but so far let's not beat around the bush, he's been a bit ben foster
He's not been anything like that bad, sorry.

Unread 04-01-2012, 11:55 AM
Pop

Thumbs up

Lindegaard. Much sexier than De Gay and probably has a massive Danish #@&%!.

Unread 04-01-2012, 11:56 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk

Obviously you are then.

dunk

He might have a massive Welsh #@&%!.

borsuk

Quote:
what i mean is he's been erratic and error-prone, not that he's been of foster's, er, quality. foster couldn't kick a ball ffs.

Unread 04-01-2012, 11:57 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Nope, he had a bit of a tough start, was then excellent for at least a coupla months but recently has made a coupla high profile mistakes or one and been elbowed in the head on another during a period where he's been in and out of the team due to a bizarre keeper rotation.

Unread 04-01-2012, 11:57 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Obviously you are then.
why, because i'm not writing him off?
Closed Thread