United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 04-03-2023, 12:02 PM
tatty

The stadium issues will present Ratcliffe, and the other leveraged bidders with a problem.

The outlay is huge and we know from the experience of other clubs how it can impact player recruitment.

There is only one bidder as far as I can see that can clear our debts, build/renovate the stadium and invest in the players.

Ratcliffe, the Glazer’s and hedge funds will result in a very slow death of the club.

Unread 04-03-2023, 12:05 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14 View Post
Some other fella goes on about a philosopher from the 18th century.
What a Kant

Unread 04-03-2023, 12:07 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo View Post
What a Kant

Unread 04-03-2023, 12:57 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty View Post
The stadium issues will present Ratcliffe, and the other leveraged bidders with a problem.

The outlay is huge and we know from the experience of other clubs how it can impact player recruitment.

There is only one bidder as far as I can see that can clear our debts, build/renovate the stadium and invest in the players.

Ratcliffe, the Glazer’s and hedge funds will result in a very slow death of the club.
I’m blown away that you’ve managed to get your hands on such detailed information about the respective offers, given that people who’s actual job it is to find out these things don’t actually know yet. Bravo.

Unread 04-03-2023, 01:35 PM
Bunker Buster

The stadium issues

Unread 04-03-2023, 02:13 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
The stadium issues
You’d think we were playing in a tin shack the way these people are going on ffs

Our latest yearly figures for matchday revenue are £110m. To put it in perspective, that’s over double City’s.

Unread 04-03-2023, 02:23 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers View Post
You’d think we were playing in a tin shack the way these people are going on ffs

Our latest yearly figures for matchday revenue are £110m. To put it in perspective, that’s over double City’s.
It was literally NEVER mentioned till sky showed the rain coming through the roof one night game....

Now we basically need to move out of old Trafford whilst they build a brand new stadium....

It's utter madness ..

Unread 04-03-2023, 02:45 PM
est.1878

scruffy stadiums > sparkly stadiums. Still weeping about the San siro....

Give me peacey floor toilets, 10w bulb concourses, easy jibs, leaky roofs, hundred year+ histories osmosisd through the walls ...

Bright, full coverage Cctv sanitised identikit bowls with 10pc VIP tunnel club experiences and festival level PA with MLRS big screen and board advertising . No ta

Unread 04-03-2023, 02:47 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878 View Post

Give me peacey floor toilets, 10w bulb concourses, easy jibs, leaky roofs, hundred year+ histories osmosisd through the walls ...

Bright, full coverage Cctv sanitised identikit bowls with 10pc VIP tunnel club experiences and festival level PA with MLRS big screen and board advertising . No ta
Yep

Always seems to be the people that don't go who want the new stadium too

Unread 04-03-2023, 02:49 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878 View Post

Absolutely spot on, it's utterly depressing to even think about a new stadium, seems to be only online reds that want it.....

Unread 04-03-2023, 02:56 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste View Post
Yep

Always seems to be the people that don't go who want the new stadium too

Unread 04-03-2023, 02:56 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
Absolutely spot on, it's utterly depressing to even think about a new stadium, seems to be only online reds that want it.....
Can see the 15 quid artisan hotdogs and sourdough bread with pint (3pc) of stadium micro brewed" Busby way" already.... Some sort of glass floor insta selfie zone.. HT laser show..

Lets poll on here and send link to new overlords when arrive. Legacy fans don't die

Unread 04-03-2023, 03:30 PM
dunk

There’s a lot of strawmanning going on here:

99% of people want United to stay at OT. They also acknowledge it needs some TLC. They’ve seen Madrid doing up the Bernabeau and figured that’s what we should do to some extent, that cost €800m+. Madrid have played in their reserves stadium while the roof was sorted afaik, as I’m not sure there’s any way of safely playing on the pitch while works go on overhead, and you can’t get it done in the, what, 12 weeks? that is the close season.

The Glazers got some options knocked up, I think they all involved us having to play elsewhere for a stretch, so while not an immediate issue, it’s one the next owners have to factor in.

Yes we all love OT, everyone wants the South Stand sorting, the roof doing etc. it would be nice if they could just attack it a stand at a time, while we play on, but I don’t know how feasible that is

Unread 04-03-2023, 03:38 PM
shenwen

If we renews the stadium, the drop in match day revenue from playing at some reserve ground would be too much. We’d have to play in an existing stadium like Spurs did. But where?

Unread 04-03-2023, 03:40 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen View Post
If we renews the stadium, the drop in match day revenue from playing at some reserve ground would be too much. We’d have to play in an existing stadium like Spurs did. But where?
That’s the issue and that’s why talk of new stadium completely, either built next door or somewhere else so no dip in match day revenue.

Unread 04-03-2023, 03:41 PM
believe

Quote:
The Qatar and UAE lot are getting on again now so they’ll probably do a deal to play at the Etihad. Just change the seat colors every week, all the sponsorship stuff will be more or less the same.

Unread 04-03-2023, 03:42 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Any rugby stadiums near by ? Roughly 40k plus would be ok. The only places that are big enough should never ever be an option (in London)

Edit. Just had a look. Didn’t realise rugby stadiums were so small. I thought we would have atleast 2 , 30k+ stadiums

Unread 04-03-2023, 03:43 PM
Ethers

I’ve not spoken to a single United fan who has seen Real renovating the Bernie and said that’s what we should be doing

Real have added a retractable roof. Does anyone genuinely want that at Old Trafford?!

Unread 04-03-2023, 03:46 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe View Post
Just change the seat colors every week, all the sponsorship stuff will be more or less the same.
"no need, no one will see the seat colour when we play" :Facebookfootballgroupbanter:

Unread 04-03-2023, 03:51 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers View Post
I’ve not spoken to a single United fan who has seen Real renovating the Bernie and said that’s what we should be doing

Real have added a retractable roof. Does anyone genuinely want that at Old Trafford?!
Tbh mate it's all I've heard recently..

"Did you see what Madrid did.....?"

"I don't just want a roof doing, it surely has to be retractable"

"There's no rain inside the millennium "