United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 17-05-2023, 08:47 AM
BarryX

Publicly pimped out to the highest bidder by a bunch of £#%&!ing rats. Can't wait for this circus to end.

Unread 17-05-2023, 08:48 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Kendall and Roman accidentally strike again

Unread 17-05-2023, 08:52 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Jesus.

And they're still haggling. Depressing.
When this all started, there was talk of £5bn, but I honestly thought we’d go for about £4bn, which is still a crazy amount.

The fact we’re sat here six months later, with parties making two and three bids, going over £5bn is absolutely ridiculous.

Im surprised both parties haven’t become pissed off and pulled the plug.

The glazers have made it so that bidding on us is some kind of privilege.

It’s already cost us a summer window and made a public spectacle of us. They are utterly repugnant creatures.

Unread 17-05-2023, 08:59 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Well if you’d make your mind up about him being the Qatar state or not

Quote:
you’d say PSG have done slightly better than Nice.
No shit. They've also broken every FFP rule they possibly can and conducted reams of dodgy business in repeated and failed efforts to win the Champions League as part of their sports washing project for their rank state. You're more than willing to bend over the highest bidder, moral issues be damned, but not everyone is pal. Soz.

Unread 17-05-2023, 09:01 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b

No shit. They've also broken every FFP rule they possibly can and conducted reams of dodgy business in repeated and failed efforts to win the Champions League as part of their sports washing project for their rank state. You're more than willing to bend over the highest bidder, moral issues be damned, but not everyone is pal. Soz.
Good old Ineos!
https://unearthed.greenpeace.org/201...n-eu-lobbying/
Quote:

INEOS, the petrochemicals giant owned by the UK’s richest man Sir Jim Ratcliffe, has said it could close its Middlesbrough manufacturing plant unless it is allowed to “defer compliance” with EU rules designed to prevent air and water pollution, according to documents obtained by Unearthed.

Unread 17-05-2023, 09:04 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
This strawman has been burnt down numerous times.

Are INEOS an ethically and morally rightous organisation? No.

Has anyone claimed that they are? No.

Are they in any way comparable to a state such as Qatar? Absolutely not. Well, only by people happy to look the other way at the blatant chasm of difference between the two.

Unread 17-05-2023, 09:06 AM
believe

Quote:
This strawman has been burnt down numerous times.

Are INEOS an ethically and morally rightous organisation? No.

Has anyone claimed that they are? No.

Are they in any way comparable to a state such as Qatar? Absolutely not. Well, only by people happy to look the other way at the blatant chasm of difference between the two.
Or people who know the truth.

Unread 17-05-2023, 09:08 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Or people who know the truth.
Wait, so all the bad things about Qatar are completely made up and all lies? All the evidence collected about their modern day slavery, corruption, human rights abuses etc etc are all just made up and aren't true at all?

And I'm meant to be believe that because someone who takes their money tells me so with nothing to back it up?

Unread 17-05-2023, 09:11 AM
believe

Quote:
Wait, so all the bad things about Qatar are completely made up and all lies? All the evidence collected about their modern day slavery, corruption, human rights abuses etc etc are all just made up and aren't true at all?

And I'm meant to be believe that because someone who takes their money tells me so with nothing to back it up?

Well has I’ve explained plenty of times with plenty of evidence to back it, yes but you’re not willing to accept it so it’s pretty pointless. I can’t help that you choose to believe what the guardian tells you.

Unread 17-05-2023, 09:11 AM
Dr Stranger

Unread 17-05-2023, 09:12 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Well has I’ve explained plenty of times with plenty of evidence to back it, yes but you’re not willing to accept it so it’s pretty pointless. I can’t help that you choose to believe what the guardian tells you.
No you absolutely haven't. Feel free to give it a go though, PM's are always open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
#Pray4Believe

Unread 17-05-2023, 09:21 AM
believe

Quote:
No you absolutely haven't. Feel free to give it a go though, PM's are always open.

#Pray4Believe
Or it’s possible that you just don’t read what I post at all.

Unread 17-05-2023, 09:32 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Or it’s possible that you just don’t read what I post at all.
Understandable .....

Unread 17-05-2023, 09:35 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Understandable .....

Unread 17-05-2023, 09:37 AM
believe

Quote:
Understandable .....

Unread 17-05-2023, 09:37 AM
Time For Heroes

I'm not sure why everyone who wants Qatar seems to think we're £#%&!ed financially if BJR takes over. We've got one of the biggest spends as it is under the Glazers (not spent very well but still...) and even if he didn't put a penny in from INEOS towards transfers do you really think the biggest club in the country with one of the highest turnovers in the world couldn't compete when it doesn't have to pay out tens of millions of pounds each year in interest payments and dividends?

Besides, how much money does this fake Sheikh have anyway? If he was that rich he would've blown BJR out of the water ages ago. It seems he has to keep going back to his shady backers scrambling for a few extra quid as he doesn't have the money himself. Isn't he just a bank chairman anyway? Who knows? Nobody does.

Unread 17-05-2023, 10:06 AM
dunk

The transfers budget is a misnomer. Regardless of who is charge, the transfer budget is set by the FFP stipulations. It’s the debt and infrastructure investment that will be the difference.

Unread 17-05-2023, 10:15 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Understandable .....

Unread 17-05-2023, 10:15 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Understandable .....

Unread 17-05-2023, 10:18 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
The transfers budget is a misnomer. Regardless of who is charge, the transfer budget is set by the FFP stipulations. It’s the debt and infrastructure investment that will be the difference.
Not sure it is. The transfer budget is set by the clubs revenues which include sponsorship revenues that Qatar will surely target.

I imagine our transfer budget under Qatari ownership will be far bigger than under BJR.