United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-10-2019, 09:49 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Even in the last international break Sterling was the only one who looked consistently dangerous for us. I think people overestimated how good this England team is based on us getting to the semis of the World Cup. Even in that tournament our midfield looked woeful and it doesn’t look like anything has changed there.
I think a bit of complacency has crept in because qualifying has been such a stroll so far. This will do them good tbh.

They were all out there on cruise control tonight. Probably thinking 'don't get injured' was the priority.

All the talk before the £#%&!ing game seemed to focus on when england fancied flouncing off the pitch if any of the players get racist abuse next week. Not exactly the way to prepare for an important qualifier against your nearest group rivals.

Fact is I reckon england thought they had this group sewn up and all they had to do was turn up and win in 3rd gear.

Wake up call.

Unread 11-10-2019, 10:07 PM
AK14

Quote:
He’s 20.
And I don’t see the hype...

The way he’s talked about it’s like he’s a world beater.

Unread 11-10-2019, 10:12 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
And I don’t see the hype...

The way he’s talked about it’s like he’s a world beater.
I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone come close to calling him a world beater he’s 20, starting regularly for arguably the best West Ham team in recent memory (faint praise perhaps), and I’m pretty sure he was bossing our midfield and attackers a couple of weeks ago (probably no praise at all). He has the potential to be a very good player. He could well be a Carrick type player in a few years time, and he would already be a big improvement on Matic should we start sniffing.

Unread 11-10-2019, 10:13 PM
Vedder

Quote:
Don’t get the hype with Rice tbh

Decent enough player but I’m not sure he’s the player he’s being made out to be.
Pretty sure he started out as a really solid CB and he’d been moved forward into a DM

Unread 11-10-2019, 10:16 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I think a bit of complacency has crept in because qualifying has been such a stroll so far. This will do them good tbh.

They were all out there on cruise control tonight. Probably thinking 'don't get injured' was the priority.

All the talk before the £#%&!ing game seemed to focus on when england fancied flouncing off the pitch if any of the players get racist abuse next week. Not exactly the way to prepare for an important qualifier against your nearest group rivals.

Fact is I reckon england thought they had this group sewn up and all they had to do was turn up and win in 3rd gear.

Wake up call.
Level on points with a game in hand.

It is.

Unread 11-10-2019, 10:22 PM
AK14

Quote:
I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone come close to calling him a world beater he’s 20, starting regularly for arguably the best West Ham team in recent memory (faint praise perhaps), and I’m pretty sure he was bossing our midfield and attackers a couple of weeks ago (probably no praise at all). He has the potential to be a very good player. He could well be a Carrick type player in a few years time, and he would already be a big improvement on Matic should we start sniffing.
You’re hyping him up now

Mark Noble was bossing our midfield too and has done previously, does that mean we should sign him? I’d be an improvement on Matic and I’m absolutely shit.

He’ll never be a Carrick type player.

Unread 11-10-2019, 10:25 PM
jem

Quote:
I think people overestimated how good this England team is based on us getting to the semis of the World Cup.
did they £#%&!.

Unread 11-10-2019, 10:29 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
You’re hyping him up now

Mark Noble was bossing our midfield too and has done previously, does that mean we should sign him? I’d be an improvement on Matic and I’m absolutely shit.

He’ll never be a Carrick type player.
I watch quite a lot of West Ham games (half of my family are fans) and can assure you he’s a good player with a lot of promise. How many times have you seen him play out of interest?

It’s odd that a lot of people can see the potential in him. We must all be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
did they f***.
The general public certainly did.

Unread 11-10-2019, 10:51 PM
AK14

Quote:
I watch quite a lot of West Ham games (half of my family are fans) and can assure you he’s a good player with a lot of promise. How many times have you seen him play out of interest?

It’s odd that a lot of people can see the potential in him. We must all be wrong.
Jeeeeez messhead calm down.

Listen pal you and all the other West Ham supporters might see a player, but I don’t. That’s not to say I’m right and you’re wrong btw, it’s an opinion on a football forum.

He’ll never be a Carrick type player though and that’s a fact

Unread 11-10-2019, 10:57 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Jeeeeez messhead calm down.

Listen pal you and all the other West Ham supporters might see a player, but I don’t. That’s not to say I’m right and you’re wrong btw, it’s an opinion on a football forum.

He’ll never be a Carrick type player though and that’s a fact
He has a good range of passing, and like Carrick part of his duty on the pitch is to close players down off the ball and break up play. If he continues on a positive trajectory then he could well be similar to Carrick.

Unread 11-10-2019, 11:00 PM
AK14

Quote:
He has a good range of passing, and like Carrick part of his duty on the pitch is to close players down off the ball and break up play. If he continues on a positive trajectory then he could well be similar to Carrick.
Nope. Never...

And as much as I enjoy talking about the potential of Declan Rice on a Friday night I’ll leave you to it pal, have a good one.

Unread 11-10-2019, 11:03 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Nope. Never...

And as much as I enjoy talking about the potential of Declan Rice on a Friday night I’ll leave you to it pal, have a good one.
It just seems to me you’re judging him based off of his performances in an england shirt, in which case it would be wise to remember he only has a handful of games for them under his belt, not to mention that he has probably trained with the squad for a fraction of the time that the other players have. I’m not saying he is infallible, but I have provided a reasonable argument to back up my opinion. You just seem content saying “nope”, which is fine, but a bit arrogant.

Unread 11-10-2019, 11:07 PM
AK14

Quote:
It just seems to me you’re judging him based off of his performances in an england shirt, in which case it would be wise to remember he only has a handful of games for them under his belt, not to mention that he has probably trained with the squad for a fraction of the time that the other players have. I’m not saying he is infallible, but I have provided a reasonable argument to back up my opinion. You just seem content saying “nope”, which is fine, but a bit arrogant.
You related to Rice by any chance?

Unread 11-10-2019, 11:13 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
You related to Rice by any chance?
Yeah, me and everyone else who thinks he’s decent with a promising future.

Unread 11-10-2019, 11:14 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Its like watching United, but with a little bit of hope.
This comment aged well

Unread 11-10-2019, 11:23 PM
Whiteside onside

Quote:
Bet he has more courage and balls than Carrick.

Unread 11-10-2019, 11:37 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteside onside
Bet he has more courage and balls than Carrick.
:£#%&!er:

Unread 11-10-2019, 11:38 PM
Buck

Andorra won

Clean sheet

Unread 11-10-2019, 11:53 PM
AK14

Quote:
Yeah, me and everyone else who thinks he’s decent with a promising future.
Difference is they're not on a united forum seeing their arse because someone said they don’t get the hype.

Unread 12-10-2019, 12:05 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Difference is they're not on a united forum seeing their arse because someone said they don’t get the hype.
I’m giving an opinion and backing it up, if you can’t handle it then you’re welcome to leave me to it. You know, like you said you would.
Closed Thread