United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-09-2019, 03:34 PM
Zorg

Come on Watford ffs

Unread 21-09-2019, 03:34 PM
believe

City are only doing now what we did for many years but don’t have the mentality to do now. You have to give them credit for that because however much we bemoan their monetary success, they’ve actually developed a team of pure winners. We all hoped that they’d have a team full of mercenaries but they’ve got a handful of players heading towards their testimonial years.

Unread 21-09-2019, 03:35 PM
Sparky***

Pathetic fake London bastards

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
City are only doing now what we did for many years but don’t have the mentality to do now. You have to give them credit for that because however much we bemoan their monetary success, they’ve actually developed a team of pure winners. We all hoped that they’d have a team full of mercenaries but they’ve got a handful of players heading towards their testimonial years.
Are they monitoring your £#%&!ing internet now you £#%&!ing shill?

Unread 21-09-2019, 03:36 PM
Ethers

If Watford concede again before half-time it’ll be game over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

£#%&!ing hell

Unread 21-09-2019, 03:42 PM
believe

Quote:

probably. It’s less painful if you accept the reality.

Unread 21-09-2019, 03:44 PM
utd99

Dowie’s talking about tactical changes Watford should make.

Unread 21-09-2019, 03:50 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Dowie’s talking about tactical changes Watford should make.
Has he suggested waving a white flag?

Unread 21-09-2019, 03:54 PM
David Crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Has he suggested waving a white flag?
I will go down with this ship
And I won't put my hands up and surrender
There will be no white flag above my door
I'm in love and always will be

And that's Dido

Unread 21-09-2019, 03:55 PM
Cream

Quote:

Unread 21-09-2019, 03:56 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Brent
I will go down with this ship
And I won't put my hands up and surrender
There will be no white flag above my door
I'm in love and always will be

And that's Dido
Are you reading these?

Unread 21-09-2019, 03:59 PM
Kent Brockman

City and Liverpool are ruthless against the cannon fodder of the league, especially in the first half hour, while we allow these sort of teams to grow in confidence. Even if it's through gritted teeth, you've got to admire them.

Unread 21-09-2019, 04:03 PM
David Crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Are you reading these?
Am I what?

It doesn't matter who said them first, I am passing on my wisdom... I'll put it down there if it's obvious.

Unread 21-09-2019, 04:10 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Brockman
City and Liverpool are ruthless against the cannon fodder of the league, especially in the first half hour, while we allow these sort of teams to grow in confidence. Even if it's through gritted teeth, you've got to admire them.
Saying we allow them suggests we have any power over it.

We’re average now. This is what average teams look like. Sometimes they’re good, sometimes awful. But mostly they’re just meh. Which is us right now.

I admire Liverpool and Klopp. He’s the best manager in the world. What he’s done with what he’s had in his squad is admirable. Both here and in Germany.

Pep the drug cheat with his 2 billion quid squad and 300 million quid defence can £#%&! off.

Unread 21-09-2019, 04:16 PM
goonlooca

6 nil
Watford playing this like a cup final

Unread 21-09-2019, 04:16 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
It just illustrates how much money they’re being paid off the books. So much so it’s not economically worth looking to move elsewhere. As the players’ agents also behave, you’d an only presume they are bunged money every now and again too. Couple that with the manager having the backing of the club in discipline matters, with that backing also being the power of a state, and you have the perfect carrot and stick system to keep players in line.

Up to ole joining, the club undermined the managers and backed the players in any disputes due to their commercial worth, so there was no stick. Whether that’s changed is anyone’s guess. And it has to be said our selection process for new signings was poorly thought out prior to ole, unlike city’s.

Unread 21-09-2019, 04:20 PM
David Crank

7s up. It's happening boys.

Unread 21-09-2019, 04:20 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Saying we allow them suggests we have any power over it.

We’re average now. This is what average teams look like. Sometimes they’re good, sometimes awful. But mostly they’re just meh. Which is us right now.

I admire Liverpool and Klopp. He’s the best manager in the world. What he’s done with what he’s had in his squad is admirable. Both here and in Germany.

Pep the drug cheat with his 2 billion quid squad and 300 million quid defence can £#%&! off.
I can understand rating klopp, but the people above him are no different to what we have at united. They just couldn’t sit back and milk the club though, they had to build something good enough to milk. They had to think long term. When woodward took over he just had to think about keeping the money coming in. That seems to have changed recently, due to the effect that short term financial motivated thinking has had on the football team, and the threat it’s putting on future income prospects.

Unread 21-09-2019, 04:23 PM
David Crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
I can understand rating klopp
Team playing... I call it "team individuality", it's new, it's like a management style. Again guilty, unorthodox, sue me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
I can understand rating klopp, but the people above him are no different to what we have at united. They just couldn’t sit back and milk the club though, they had to build something good enough to milk. They had to think long term. When woodward took over he just had to think about keeping the money coming in. That seems to have changed recently, due to the effect that short term financial motivated thinking has had on the football team, and the threat it’s putting on future income prospects.
None of this makes sense btw. The fact is Liverpool have shit owners and we have shit owners. Liverpool appointed a world-class manager, which will paper over any cracks - just like Fergie did for us... remember Fergie?

We had the chance to get Klopp and we £#%&!ed it up, and now we have nowhere to hide. Is that a good thing? Tbh, probably not. I'd rather have shit owners with a world-class manager winning major trophies, than shit owners and a shit manager winning £#%&! all. It's not as if being shit in absolutely all aspects is driving out the Glazers.

Unread 21-09-2019, 04:29 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by goonlooca
6 nil
Watford playing this like a cup final
Yep. The £#%&!ing FA Disability Cup Final to be precise

Unread 21-09-2019, 04:34 PM
David Crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Yep. The £#%&!ing FA Disability Cup Final to be precise
It's like when you see someone look at the Watford team today and go "Ooh, look at him, he's not able-bodied. I am, I'm prejudiced." Yeah, well, at least the little handicapped Watford fellas are able-minded. Unless they're not, it's difficult to tell with the wheelchair ones. Just give generously to them all.
Closed Thread