United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic

Unread 28-08-2019, 09:41 PM
ZiggyStardust

Not sure why you want to jump from one extreme to another

Find somewhere with good transport links to the city center and with 1 or 2 pubs and restaurants nearby

Wouldn’t personally want to live in the city center as I want some peace and quiet when I get home from work

Unread 28-08-2019, 09:42 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
as someone who enjoys the fashionable part of town during the week and the beach and heath and the week-end, I would say there is no point in asking anyone else what you would prefer. you clearly want to move to the city, so just do it.
He has a lot of hair-brained schemes though. The amount of times I’ve had to intervene for his own good. I worry for the lad now he’s away from my sober guidance. He won’t thrive among humans.

Unread 28-08-2019, 09:52 PM
TravellingRed

f***. That. I couldn't live in a flat again, being couped up with no garden to have a private outside space.

Unread 28-08-2019, 09:53 PM
Cream

Lots to go at here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Creep on my road does this.

He used to be a cameraman on kids tv show Woof, if anyone remembers it.
He's trying to make amends for something. Believe my neighbour was a terrorist and yours is clearly a pederast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
every Friday and Saturday night there will be at least one impromptu 2-4am after party to endure...

cackles, waheys, girls crying to their bfs on 30 minute phonecalls

easy to not notice / tolerate in your 20s but 40s

avoid.
Oh Jaysus...

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Anywhere but Northern Ireland I would recommend this.

But tbf dude you are scared of a little mouse so what about some unionists living next door dealing heroin?
One of the appt's looked s****y, but on closer inspection it was around the corner from UVF central.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Brockman
You're obviously talking about St. Anne's Square area? Nice during the day but I'm guessing it could get a bit tasty after dark with the feral tracksuited citizens.

What about the university area? Pubs, restaurants, cafés, parks. I'm not up to date on Belfast property prices but surely you could get a small terrace house or an apartment for the price of a semi-d in Carnmoney?
Yes to St Anne's. Scallies, eh? Will check out the uni area. I live in a detached property, Sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Move closer to public transport.
There's a bus stop straight into town on my doorstep and a motorway too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Bright lights, big city life certainly has it's upsides, but where are you looking Bangor Plus, as said, the late night shouting and bawling, roaring and screaming, crying and pissing can be an arseache.

I'd be looking for somewhere coastal and country, nothing quite like living in an unspoilt rural spot by the sea when you've grown up and out of the madding crowd.
Bangor??

Did anybody read the OP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone
He has a lot of hair-brained schemes though. The amount of times I’ve had to intervene for his own good. I worry for the lad now he’s away from my sober guidance. He won’t thrive among humans.
Ok OK but this is Louise's idea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravellingRed
f***. That. I couldn't live in a flat again, being couped up with no garden to have a private outside space.
Literally never use the garden and am in the process of killing it. Time waste of a useless space.

Unread 28-08-2019, 09:59 PM
silv

How about Paris? Rome?

Unread 28-08-2019, 10:02 PM
Cream

Quote:
How about Paris? Rome?
Never been to Italy. I wonder if Rome is quiet at night? All the kids out drinking coffee and in bed for 1 am.

Adore Paris but Belfast is a safer bet for avoiding terror attacks these days.

Unread 28-08-2019, 10:09 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Never been to Italy. I wonder if Rome is quiet at night? All the kids out drinking coffee and in bed for 1 am.

Adore Paris but Belfast is a safer bet for avoiding terror attacks these days.
Plymouth?

Unread 28-08-2019, 10:11 PM
Cream

Quote:
Plymouth?
Her dad was born in Plymouth.

Makes you think.

Unread 28-08-2019, 11:29 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone
Move to the countryside you dope. You hate people.
It is quite easy to avoid most people in the middle of big cities, tbh.

Unread 28-08-2019, 11:31 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
It is quite easy to avoid most people in the middle of big cities, tbh.
Not everybody owns a spacious basement/cellar tbf.