United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-03-2012, 07:48 PM
borsuk

from the bbc's page

Quote:
Interestingly, the only team without a Portuguese player in their starting XI tonight is the team from Portugal, Benfica.
i know they just bring in south americans by the dozens but £#%&!ing hell

Unread 27-03-2012, 08:05 PM
rebelcountyred

Thumbs up

gaitan putting on a bit of a show, brilliant cross earlier and showing good skillz there

Unread 27-03-2012, 08:13 PM
MJ Ramone

I keep banging the same drum, but Chelsea don't half remind me of the dippers in 2005.
They look comfortable tonight, Benfica look very lightweight.

Unread 27-03-2012, 08:13 PM
Ginners

john champion ffs

Unread 27-03-2012, 08:14 PM
Agent Dale Cooper

Lampard, Essien and Drogba on the bench... is Di Matteo trying to get fired?

Unread 27-03-2012, 08:19 PM
MJ Ramone

Martin Tyler saying earlier that if Chelsea win the Champions League the team finishing 4th in the Prem won't get in next seasons competition.
The only time this rule has been 'broken' was in 2005 ..but UEFA have since closed the loophole.

Obviously it never crossed UEFA's mind that a team taking part in the Champions League wouldn't actually be anywhere near contesting their own domestic Competition.
£#%&!ing scabby wallpushing @#%&!s.

Unread 27-03-2012, 08:19 PM
rebelcountyred

amazing how a relatively small club like benfica has managed to find players like gaitan and witsel, while we cannot find our arse with both hands when it comes to scouting midfield talent.

Unread 27-03-2012, 08:21 PM
Agent Dale Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
amazing how a relatively small club like benfica has managed to find players like gaitan and witsel, while we cannot find our arse with both hands when it comes to scouting midfield talent.
Yep. Anybody who's played Football Manager 2008 knows Witsel is class.

Unread 27-03-2012, 08:21 PM
taff

Quote:
gaitan putting on a bit of a show, brilliant cross earlier and showing good skillz there
knows phelan is watching

Unread 27-03-2012, 08:23 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Two words....

*Martin Ferguson*

Unread 27-03-2012, 08:27 PM
Agent Dale Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time For Heroes
Two words....

*Martin Ferguson*

I always imagine Martin like a kid at school always 'forgetting' their homework.

"Yeah, I saw this amazing midfielder, but I left the scout report at home. I'll bring it in tomorrow, honest... as long as my dog doesn't eat it."

Unread 27-03-2012, 08:39 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Martin Tyler saying earlier that if Chelsea win the Champions League the team finishing 4th in the Prem won't get in next seasons competition.
The only time this rule has been 'broken' was in 2005 ..but UEFA have since closed the loophole.

Obviously it never crossed UEFA's mind that a team taking part in the Champions League wouldn't actually be anywhere near contesting their own domestic Competition.
£#%&!ing scabby wallpushing @#%&!s.
It *was* a stupid rule, tbf. The European Cup holders automatically got to defend their trophy, even when it was (otherwise) league champions only. Should never have been changed, tbh.

Unread 27-03-2012, 08:54 PM
Pop

Rent boys taking a bit of a pummeling at the moment.

Only a matter of time before some inbred shithead like Kalou scabs an away goal then.

Unread 27-03-2012, 08:56 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
It *was* a stupid rule, tbf. The European Cup holders automatically got to defend their trophy, even when it was (otherwise) league champions only. Should never have been changed, tbh.
Yes but my point was I don't think UEFA ever considered the possibility that a team incapable of finishing at least in the Top 4 every Season would ever win the European Cup.

Unread 27-03-2012, 09:05 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Rent boys taking a bit of a pummeling at the moment.

Only a matter of time before some inbred shithead like Kalou scabs an away goal then.
Yep, Benfica's shooting & final ball hasn't been great.
Chelsea hanging on so they're bound to score a breakaway sooner or later.

Unread 27-03-2012, 09:05 PM
dunk

Big JT getting away with his customary starfish handball

Unread 27-03-2012, 09:10 PM
rebelcountyred

gaitan swings in some quality crosses, benfica should be ahead

Unread 27-03-2012, 09:13 PM
Tronics

Gaitan looks a player

Unread 27-03-2012, 09:17 PM
The Watcher

This has got late, scaby, Chelsea winner written all over it. @#%&!s.

Unread 27-03-2012, 09:17 PM
Harri Jaffa

the bloke with the stupid hair cut that plays for everton is actually a pretty good player imho
Closed Thread