Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
Marie Curie / Cancer awareness I think.
Ah right.

Unread 25-03-2012, 05:50 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Totally agree, not saying it's a bad game..just an odd fixture to show.

Although tbf, the Prem is virtually unwatchable this season aside from our Title race with City.

Spurs are in decline (5th place at best now imo)
Arsenal are coming good now all the pressure's off (although they'll bottle it when they play City of course)
Chelsea & Liverpool are having awful seasons.

The rest is just one big relegation, mediocrity scrap.
The league has lost a lot of top players in recent years, Henry, Ronaldo, Robben, Carvahlo for example, then you have the likes of Essien, Terry, Gerrard, Lampard, Rio, Giggs and Scholes at Utd, players who were the best in the league over a long period of time and they are all beyond their best years.

Who are the world class players in their prime playing in the prem? Rooney/Van Persie/Silva/Mata/Yaya Toure/Aguero/Bale. Decent list but a few of them still have a lot to prove and only Rooney has the trophies to back up his claims.

Unread 25-03-2012, 06:11 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Cisse reminds me a bit of Andy Cole in his body shape and movement, a bit taller but very quick and agile.

Newcastle have a solid side, disaster of a goal they have just conceded but they are at a good age to develop if they can keep the side together, maybe add a quality defender to play beside Collocini.

i just said the same in a text pol

great minds

Unread 25-03-2012, 06:20 PM
tetrisblock

Quote:
The league has lost a lot of top players in recent years, Henry, Ronaldo, Robben, Carvahlo for example, then you have the likes of Essien, Terry, Gerrard, Lampard, Rio, Giggs and Scholes at Utd, players who were the best in the league over a long period of time and they are all beyond their best years.

Who are the world class players in their prime playing in the prem? Rooney/Van Persie/Silva/Mata/Yaya Toure/Aguero/Bale. Decent list but a few of them still have a lot to prove and only Rooney has the trophies to back up his claims.
Tevez, Vidic, Kompany. Granted one of the city players hasn't featured much. Kompany is excellent Ashley cole is one of the latter, really declined in the last year, you'd wonder how much the pair of clowns inside him, whichever 2 of them are picked, affect his game!

Fair comment though, but same for most of the leagues outside Spain!

Unread 26-03-2012, 01:26 AM
Stickman

Quote:

Though good, this guy is overrated to £#%&!.

Unread 26-03-2012, 01:49 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetrisblock
Tevez, Vidic, Kompany. Granted one of the city players hasn't featured much. Kompany is excellent Ashley cole is one of the latter, really declined in the last year, you'd wonder how much the pair of clowns inside him, whichever 2 of them are picked, affect his game!

Fair comment though, but same for most of the leagues outside Spain!
Ashley Cole's doing DP now is he? And with guys in make-up?

Disgusting.

Unread 26-03-2012, 02:05 AM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Though good, this guy is overrated to £#%&!.
Mata is a fantastic player with a great feel to the flow of a game. Badly used at times at Chelsea. Far better through the middle - or at least drifting in - than out wide.

Of that list, I don't get Aguero Technically brilliant but just seems to walk staring into middle distance and looking pensive.

Unread 26-03-2012, 02:39 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
Mata is a fantastic player with a great feel to the flow of a game. Badly used at times at Chelsea. Far better through the middle - or at least drifting in - than out wide.

Of that list, I don't get Aguero Technically brilliant but just seems to walk staring into middle distance and looking pensive.
dont get me wrong, hes lovely to watch :gayfight: etc and definitely quality technically, I just dont see him as a match winner when it comes to the crunch.

Unread 26-03-2012, 05:02 AM
rafabio

This fat slug is so far up city's arse, it's astonishing. 75% of his articles are on city and 50% of those are crying about financial fair play rules.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/art...ind-games.html

Unread 26-03-2012, 07:22 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
city still have to go to newcastle, don't they? hopefully the jawdies will still have 4th place to play for by then, won't be an easy game if they do.
I think that between Newcastle and Arse, city will drop at least 2 points (I said the same about Chelsea and Stoke). Their away form is where they could suffer.

of course none of this matters unless we win all of our remaining games. History says we will drop minimum 2, not included the city game. could be a goal difference decider.

Unread 26-03-2012, 07:25 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
This fat slug is so far up city's arse, it's astonishing. 75% of his articles are on city and 50% of those are crying about financial fair play rules.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/art...ind-games.html
Thought he talked a lot of sense, as did fat platt. this mind games nonsense is something to push newsprint.

Only part I really disagree is where he says newcastle's defence cost them the league. Wrong. Cantona did.

Oh and Rafa of course. He lost the £#%&!ing plot. Fergie got well into his head.
Closed Thread