United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-03-2012, 10:51 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
It will be constantly monitored by trafford council and they'll kick off about persistant standing and it'll die on it's arse
Correct.

Unread 29-03-2012, 10:53 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougiethebiscuit
Why so Carlo?
I just think there either is an atmosphere or there isn't one...and there isn't for reasons that are long established (aging fanbase, ticket prices, 'can't be arsed' factor etc, etc)

The only reason the club are going for this is because it gives them the opportunity to start shifting the worst seats in the house (NT3) at premium prices. It will also free up the forcourt for one of those divvy fanzone areas - the real reason why it was pedestrianised of course.

It will no doubt prove very popular during the initial months then slowly dies a death...pretty much like the last singing section.

Unread 29-03-2012, 10:56 AM
The Watcher

Unread 29-03-2012, 10:59 AM
Dougiethebiscuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidnapper
That would be the ideal situation but it won't happen.

I hope it works, but like the vocal section idea for tier 2 it failed as more and more @#%&!s moved there. The same will happen again.

Should be manc only, then I'll move
Manc only? £#%&!ing hell there would only be about 20 of us

There should be a young manc only stand, heavily discounted for local youngsters.

Unread 29-03-2012, 11:03 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
There should be a young manc only stand, heavily discounted for local youngsters.
Totally agree...and in the clubs defence they've made great strides on that score in recent years. Thousands of tickets are offloaded to schools for evening games now. Last Monday ET2 sounded like it was full of kids...first time I've noticed this for a league game.

Unread 29-03-2012, 11:08 AM
Signor Whippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Totally agree...and in the clubs defence they've made great strides on that score in recent years. Thousands of tickets are offloaded to schools for evening games now. Last Monday ET2 sounded like it was full of kids...first time I've noticed this for a league game.
Fulham were bricking it

They let themselves down when they started to do the countdown

Unread 29-03-2012, 11:11 AM
red @rmy

Another thing is the "new lad" syndrome. They don't want to sing cos it will mess up their EMO haircut. And they don't eat pies, by golly no, they nibble on bits of cheese.

@#%&!s.

Unread 29-03-2012, 11:11 AM
Dougiethebiscuit

I love the kids doing the countdown

I seem to be the only one

Unread 29-03-2012, 11:17 AM
ReligiousRed

Quote:
I love the kids doing the countdown

I seem to be the only one
Never forget doing the countdown to southampton fans as they were about to be relegated.

Down in a minute, you're going down in a minute ...followed by 59, 58,57,56....whistle went at about 20 something but was still looolz all round. owed them @#%&!s that too

Unread 29-03-2012, 11:26 AM
elephantstone

It will be interesting to see how many will actually move seats. The biggest factor is the away fans goining in to tier 3. Who are the singing section going to banter with? The k stand top left?

Unread 29-03-2012, 11:32 AM
Sloppy

Where do all the north tier 3 people go?Into the singing section?What if they dont want to sing?Is it like church or assembly where you get detention for not singing?

Unread 29-03-2012, 11:32 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligiousRed
Down in a minute, you're going down in a minute ...followed by 59, 58,57,56....whistle went at about 20 something but was still looolz all round. owed them @#%&!s that too
"We'll be back to send you down" in the FA Cup game earlier that season

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
The biggest factor is the away fans goining in to tier 3. Who are the singing section going to banter with? The k stand top left?
They'll spend most of the game going on about Tevez, City and Liverpool, regardless of who we're playing tbf. Or happy clapping the Calypso into oblivion. Don't need any away fans for that

Unread 29-03-2012, 12:31 PM
redwhiteandblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
I just think there either is an atmosphere or there isn't one...and there isn't for reasons that are long established (aging fanbase, ticket prices, 'can't be arsed' factor etc, etc)

The only reason the club are going for this is because it gives them the opportunity to start shifting the worst seats in the house (NT3) at premium prices. It will also free up the forcourt for one of those divvy fanzone areas - the real reason why it was pedestrianised of course.

It will no doubt prove very popular during the initial months then slowly dies a death...pretty much like the last singing section.
can't disagree with that. It's just window dressing imo. Standing, prices, not enough kids and over zealous CES are the problems that want sorting first.

Unread 29-03-2012, 12:56 PM
ReligiousRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
"We'll be back to send you down" in the FA Cup game earlier that season

[/url]
Closed Thread