United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 27-08-2019, 01:34 PM
Coracao

How has Henderson been getting on, not seen any of their games.

Unread 27-08-2019, 02:20 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Should be dropped until his contract situation is sorted and if he doesn’t want to be here then Serge should be number one for this season.
that @#%&!'s just as £#%&!ing bad. Have a look at Jota's goal for wolves in the FA cup last season. You could have driven a bus sideways between him and his near post

Unread 27-08-2019, 02:25 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Going back a fair few months now he's been letting shots go under him or through him .

Sane at old trafford last season and chelsea at home last season are just a couple of high profile mistakes i can remember.

he's a goalkeeper who relies primarily on his reflexes and if those are starting to go then you have to ask what else is he good at? He's not great with his distribution, he doesn't command his area or come off his line well to cover the defenders. He's bang average at saving pens and free kicks.

He's been poor for at least 18 months.
It's getting into the territory where it isn't just a patch of form.

I expected him to put last season behind and kick on this year, but that was a £#%&!ing bad one and another costly one this weekend.

We simply cannot afford for his standards to drop.

Unread 27-08-2019, 03:08 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
It's getting into the territory where it isn't just a patch of form.

I expected him to put last season behind and kick on this year, but that was a £#%&!ing bad one and another costly one this weekend.

We simply cannot afford for his standards to drop.
Not been the same since the WC truth be told. Maybe he’s just more fragile than we knew.

Unread 27-08-2019, 04:05 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Lindelöf I just don't rate yet, far from convinced he is better than the reviled Smalling and Jones.
He’s better by virtue of not being useless on the ball or injured all the time. He isn’t great, but he’s ok for now whilst we rebuild everything else.

Unread 27-08-2019, 05:37 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Does this piece mention the name "Woodward" at any point?

Unread 27-08-2019, 05:53 PM
Whalefish

Apols for this probably covered elsewhere but I've only seen the goals as been away at a festival since Thursday. For their first, was Lindelof really that shit challenging Schulpp (or whatever he's called) for the ball? He looked to lose out really easily. I seem to recall this happening before, imagine playing against Burnley when they go route one and he's marking Wood or Barnes.

Where was Maguire, not covering for Linders possibly being a @#%&!, so covering for Shaw or just AWOL?

Were the 23 odd shots on goal (2/3 on target) all £#%&! efforts scuffed from distance?

Midfield crap, Lingard too?

Unread 27-08-2019, 05:56 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Apols for this probably covered elsewhere but I've only seen the goals as been away at a festival since Thursday. For their first, was Lindelof really that shit challenging Schulpp (or whatever he's called) for the ball? He looked to lose out really easily. I seem to recall this happening before, imagine playing against Burnley when they go route one and he's marking Wood or Barnes.

Where was Maguire, not covering for Linders possibly being a @#%&!, so covering for Shaw or just AWOL?

Were the 23 odd shots on goal (2/3 on target) all £#%&! efforts scuffed from distance?

Midfield crap, Lingard too?
Did literally nothing, even his long term fans seem to have lost patience now.

Unread 27-08-2019, 10:30 PM
dunk

Must've been tired

Unread 28-08-2019, 09:08 AM
windy waffles

I don't agree with the 'no extra time' rule. Means the majority of little teams will just be playing for penalties. No replays is all well and good but this is just a bit of a farce.
Also, what happened to the new rules where they changes the order of penalties so it was like a tie break in tennis? One team took one, other team took two etc... That didn't last long.

Unread 28-08-2019, 04:34 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
I don't agree with the 'no extra time' rule. Means the majority of little teams will just be playing for penalties. No replays is all well and good but this is just a bit of a farce.
Didn't know they had done that, but yes it is not good.

But if games are only 90 minutes regardless, that is even less excuse for sides playing "shadow" teams.