United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 13-11-2022, 08:58 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
We’ve missed Antony the last few games. Post WC, I’d love to see Martial, Rashford and Antony get a run. That’s the preferred front three. Be nice to see it get a few games.
It's sure as shit not my preferred front 3.

Unread 13-11-2022, 08:59 PM
andyroo

It just occurred to me that curdled milk faced @#%&! Danny Murphy's probably going to be on MOTD2 tonight. Essential viewing

Unread 13-11-2022, 09:02 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Samurai
You and your bloody logical thinking

Unread 13-11-2022, 10:07 PM
GBMUFC2020

Fergie time. We are £#%&!ing briliant!

Unread 14-11-2022, 03:37 AM
shenwen

Crucial three points and the best way to get them. Keeps us in contention for top 4 and vindicates me staying up until 2.30am on a Monday morning. Was touch and go at HT though.

Unread 14-11-2022, 09:09 AM
wiganste

Some balloon when the winner went in.

Hardies to those that left early

Unread 14-11-2022, 09:12 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste

Lovely to see all the Argentina flags again ...

Unread 14-11-2022, 09:17 AM
wiganste

Martinez £#%&!ing LOVES it

Walked off draped in an Argentina flag.

Unread 14-11-2022, 12:10 PM
Dr Stranger

Erik 😎

Unread 14-11-2022, 01:41 PM
My Name is Heath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste

Was listening to it on Goldbridge at the kitchen table and daughter walked in just as the goal went in.

I don't think she has seen me goon like that in ages

Unread 14-11-2022, 01:46 PM
Jethro

You can see the cogs turning in his brain.

Must....... celebrate........with........coaching staff.

Bloody love him

Unread 14-11-2022, 02:45 PM
redhegemony

Thought Shaw was excellent again and Lindelof looks so much better alongside Martinez than he did partnered with Maguire.

Unread 14-11-2022, 03:11 PM
sweetleftfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Was listening to it on Goldbridge at the kitchen table and daughter walked in just as the goal went in.

I don't think she has seen me goon like that in ages
I've got big love for you Heathers but I'd rather one of my kids caught me modelling their Mums fun kit with a belt round my neck than "listening to it on Goldbridge"

Unread 14-11-2022, 04:01 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Thought Shaw was excellent again and Lindelof looks so much better alongside Martinez than he did partnered with Maguire.
Shaw was excellent? Thought he was ok. He’s way too passive to be a top defender - see Martinez for how defenders should defend.

Fatty stands way too far away from the attacker when he’s tracking them thereby allowing them to cross with absolute ease and accuracy.

And he’s too slow and passive when it comes to defending near the goal - the fat £#%&!er just left his man yesterday.

Thought he’s been good recently but some really basic shit yesterday that he continually gets wrong.

Unread 14-11-2022, 04:07 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Shaw was excellent? Thought he was ok. He’s way too passive to be a top defender - see Martinez for how defenders should defend.

Fatty stands way too far away from the attacker when he’s tracking them thereby allowing them to cross with absolute ease and accuracy.

And he’s too slow and passive when it comes to defending near the goal - the fat f***er just left his man yesterday.

Thought he’s been good recently but some really basic shit yesterday that he continually gets wrong.
Very bad take. Shaw has been very good and generally looks in much better condition. Delivery has been good. In some respects he is such a predictable player: if he has competition then he will up his game, if he is allowed to slack then he devolves back to lazy putty.

Martinez gets stuck in but he hasn’t been at the same standard in the last few games. Ironically while everyone was focusing on his height, it’s probably a little bit of pace that he lacks most. Needs Varane or an equivalent next to him. The goal was scored in Martinez’s space, not Shaw’s.

Unread 14-11-2022, 04:28 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetleftfoot
I've got big love for you Heathers but I'd rather one of my kids caught me modelling their Mums fun kit with a belt round my neck than "listening to it on Goldbridge"

Can see where you're coming from tbf.

Unread 14-11-2022, 05:46 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth

And he’s too slow and passive when it comes to defending near the goal - the fat £#%&!er just left his man yesterday.

Yeah excellent is really pushing the boat out given he just stopped running to let Dan James in.

He's 27 now. Been here going on a decade. Shaw, Rashford, Martial. All got their fans but they've been here a long time and won jack shit in the grand scheme of things.

Players like Martinez, Eriksen and Casemiro have come straight in and put them all to shame with talent and consistency.

I hope Shaw learns to concentrate and not be a lazy @#%&!. I hope Rashford learns how not to be a hinderance for large parts of football matches. I hope Martial grows some balls.

I won't hold my breath on any of them though. All these will be on Erik's watch list...

Unread 14-11-2022, 06:52 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Thought Shaw was excellent again.

Unread 14-11-2022, 10:02 PM
Denis Irwell

Frustrating player, Shaw. His attacking game is usually good and sometimes very good. His defending is usuallypoor and sometimes very poor. I don’t even think he’s lazy but just goes awol upstairs. The young lad, Malacia gets pelters for sometimes doing what Shaw routinely does: leaves his man free to cause havoc, which often sees us conceding. In both cases, it is a hugely demanding role, playing as a supplementary winger and then having to summons the energy to come back and defend. A bit of cohesion with an actual winger and supporting defenders would be good but you just can’t £#%&!ing switch off when the oppo are storming down your flanks. It’s like he’s still a kid who wants to do the good/exciting bits but not the responsible bits.

Unread 14-11-2022, 11:16 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Hold on…

Manchester United played, and won, a game of football last night?

And a young kid scored a brilliant winning goal with near enough the last kick of the game?

I’d have thought it may have been mentioned somewhere.