United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-03-2016, 02:29 AM
Pop

Default Sky to introduce 'celebrity driven' Friday night premier league coverage

Sky Sports are planning major production changes for their 12 Premier League matches on Friday nights next season.

The plan is to make the show more spectacular to ensure fans on a night out choose pubs and clubs that screen live football.

Sky Sports managing director Barney Francis has asked staff to think ‘out of the box’ to make Friday Night Football different.

The proposals include making the show more celebrity-driven with presenters including James Corden, Vernon Kay and Holly Willoughby being considered.

Unread 26-03-2016, 07:17 AM
denis lawless

Holly Willoughby turning up at a random pub....... with one of the team strips, body painted on, would certainly draw the crowds in...especially if one lucky punter, drawn out of a hat, got to scrub her clean in a bath on a flat bed truck parked outside at half time......would also take your mind of a dull 0-0.

Wouldn't work as well with the other two though tbh .......

Unread 26-03-2016, 08:07 AM
Red Al

I remember all them cheerleaders on Monday nights about 20 years ago

£#%&!ing moden day chav fans will probobally love it tho

Unread 26-03-2016, 08:17 AM
no fun

James £#%&!ing cordon....I know by now I should have stopped being surprised by the shit tastes of the great British public, but this unfunny southern @#%&! is the final straw

Unread 26-03-2016, 08:23 AM
rogieop

Football on a night out is shit.

Football in the pub is for nursing a hangover or for swifties before a night out!!

Unread 26-03-2016, 08:24 AM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
James £#%&!ing cordon....I know by now I should have stopped being surprised by the shit tastes of the great British public, but this unfunny southern c*** is the final straw
Rachel Riley coming to a pub near you soon nofunners

Unread 26-03-2016, 08:29 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
Rachel Riley coming to a pub near you soon nofunners
Going to have to iron my disco trousers, dust off my bomber jacket, and get down there.

Unread 26-03-2016, 08:33 AM
Red Al

Quote:
James £#%&!ing cordon....I know by now I should have stopped being surprised by the shit tastes of the great British public, but this unfunny southern @#%&! is the final straw
This has them £#%&!ing Geordie @#%&!s Ant and Dec written all over it

Unread 26-03-2016, 08:38 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Al
This has them £#%&!ing Geordie c***s Ant and Dec written all over it
Special guest prince William talking about that association football team his PR dept told him to pretend he supports in order to con thick @#%&!s into believing he understands part of working class culture

Oh £#%&!

Unread 26-03-2016, 08:41 AM
denis lawless

Thumbs up

Quote:
Going to have to iron my disco trousers, dust off my bomber jacket, and get down there.
Don't forget the warm up exercises beforehand

Unread 26-03-2016, 08:48 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
Don't forget the warm up exercises beforehand

Nah, I follow this regime

Unread 26-03-2016, 09:13 AM
denis lawless

Quote:
Yhgr

Unread 26-03-2016, 10:12 AM
Lok

Sounds great, what's not to like?

I can't wait to hear what Katie Price thinks of us getting hammered by Norwich. I'm also excited to see what Kerry Katona and Dean Gaffney make of our possession based approach and whether it's stifling our forward players due to the time it takes to get the ball forward.

Unread 26-03-2016, 10:20 AM
Pop

Dream team of Danny Dyer and Bubble from Big Brother.

Unread 26-03-2016, 10:20 AM
Vedder

Absolutely worship Holly Willoughby but £#%&! off. James Corden ffs

Unread 26-03-2016, 10:33 AM
Mr_Ed

If sky didn't charge the pubs an absolute fortune to show the game there would be more footie in pubs anyway.

Shocking idea fwiw

Unread 26-03-2016, 10:48 AM
Billy Redface

Imagine tuning in to innocently catch up with an intriguing game, after a long day at work, only to find Russell Howard introducing the show with his inimitable boy-next-door comedic charm and colourful t-shirts.

Unread 26-03-2016, 01:39 PM
Coracao

They should change it into half time celebrity death match.

I'm sure we'd all love to see Curly Watts in a battle to the death at Carrow Road against Delia Smith. Is Mills Lane still available to ref ? Hopefully, Big Tyson Fury will be our representative, love to see him kill Piers Morgan at the Emirates.

Unread 26-03-2016, 01:46 PM
Tumescent Throb

cameron doing one keep-uppy in the centre circle at half-time during west ham's opening game, with theresa may missing a penalty into a giant inflatable goal... classic sky

Unread 26-03-2016, 04:20 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

James Corden and Vernon Kay, why not go the full shitfest and get that Welsh #@&%! that Channel 4 just ruined Formula 1 with as anchor.

"Are you coming out for a few scoops",
"OK as long as we can find a sports bar in the Northern Quarter, I hear Alex Jones off the one show and David Walliams are doing a think piece on the evolution of the Enganche in modern football"
Closed Thread