United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-08-2010, 12:27 AM
Spiffy

Default Berbatov drawing a Cantona comparison

Get ready to be outraged.

Quote:
Dimitar Berbatov has painted himself as Manchester United's modern-day Eric Cantona by comparing football to art.
The enigmatic Cantona was fond of likening the beautiful game to a work of art, and Berbatov clearly sees himself as the natural successor to the United legend in that respect.
"Football is like art and my aim is to create beautiful things on the pitch to help the team be successful," said Berbatov. "Our aim is to win the title back and I know we have the players to do it."
And Berbatov has revealed his artistic side to his United team-mates by drawing caricatures of the likes of Wayne Rooney, Nemanja Vidic and Darren Fletcher - although he has not yet dared do one of Sir Alex Ferguson.

"Whatever I see I can draw!" said Berbatov. "I've done a few caricatures of the lads - Wazza, Vida and Fletch - we had a good laugh about them. I think they liked them."
But in terms of the serious business of winning the title back, Berbatov said he and his United team-mates are desperate to wrestle the title back from Chelsea this season.
"I want this to be our season," said Berbatov. "The most important thing is for the team to be successful and we're all looking forward to the challenge. We want to win every competition we're in and it's important we entertain the fans as well - for me that's what football is all about.
"When you come to play with the best you know you have to work hard to be on their level. And when you make that step, you start to grow up on and off the pitch. When you join the club you realise what a great place it is to learn.
"It's like a school for the young players to learn how to become the best. It's a unique club and a real family club. Whenever you hear anyone say "Manchester United' you immediately think of the biggest team in the world and when you come here and have the chance to see what it's like on the inside, you feel very lucky to be part of it."
Not once does he compare himself to Cantona. TBF I think that would be the final straw for Scarface,

Unread 20-08-2010, 12:40 AM
Ginners

Default Re: Berbatov drawing a Cantona comparison

6.99 a month, not bad

Unread 20-08-2010, 01:21 AM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
6.99 a month, not bad

hopefully he'll do the business this season

Unread 20-08-2010, 07:12 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenorthwillriseagain

nqot

Unread 20-08-2010, 07:37 AM
Tiberian

Berbatov always comes across as a decent man in his interviews. has never complained about rotation or being left out of big games either. That might disturb some, who would ask why our record signing seems to be happy as a squad player, but it has never felt that Fergie has actually wanted to get rid of him, still has faith in him. He could may repay some of that faith this season, unlike the world cup players he is fresh, recently retired from international duty, and he has started the season well/

Unread 20-08-2010, 07:57 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
TBF I think that would be the final straw for Scarface,
scarface wouldnt know class if it bit him on his mums trotters the £#%&!ing @#%&!

Unread 20-08-2010, 09:24 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Berbatov always comes across as a decent man in his interviews. has never complained about rotation or being left out of big games either. That might disturb some, who would ask why our record signing seems to be happy as a squad player, but it has never felt that Fergie has actually wanted to get rid of him, still has faith in him. He could may repay some of that faith this season, unlike the world cup players he is fresh, recently retired from international duty, and he has started the season well/
I've always thought that. Thoroughly professional guy. He's not a lazy (a myth) and as you say, never complained once about being rested/rotated/dropped. He clearly cares too....sometimes too much and ends up getting frustrated.

in interviews he's always very quiet and unassuming.

Strange how someone like Tevez gets credit because he runs around a lot, but is actually quite a whiney little bit and a disruptive influence.

I like Berba, always have. I'd love for him to do well this season and I think he will.

I compared him to Eric once and I stand by that

Unread 20-08-2010, 09:25 AM
Sullingtons

I agree, I think his attitude off the pitch should be praised, even if at times it's not been great on the pitch.

Unread 20-08-2010, 09:37 AM
forwardirektion

reads like his fake twitter

Unread 20-08-2010, 09:42 AM
Darth Vidic

How could he complain though about not starting big games over the last 2 years? Its not as if his performances have warranted starting.

As for not being lazy, I'm not sure how to describe his general indifference to making runs into the box.

Haven't read many interviews with him, but re attitude, it stank sometimes on the pitch last year, where he'd moan a lot at younger players.

Having said that, I don't think Fergie has used him correctly. If you're playing 4-4-2, you can't afford to have someone with that level of stasis in the side; I thought that's partly why we got rid of Ruud.

Anyway, let's see if he finally 'gets it' this year. He's made a good start (although a bit more of a killer attitude needed even when we're 2-0 up please )

Unread 20-08-2010, 11:03 AM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenorthwillriseagain

He will indeed & I for one am absolutly convinved of that.

Unread 20-08-2010, 11:19 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
I've always thought that. Thoroughly professional guy. He's not a lazy (a myth) and as you say, never complained once about being rested/rotated/dropped. He clearly cares too....sometimes too much and ends up getting frustrated.

in interviews he's always very quiet and unassuming.

Strange how someone like Tevez gets credit because he runs around a lot, but is actually quite a whiney little bit and a disruptive influence.

I like Berba, always have. I'd love for him to do well this season and I think he will.

I compared him to Eric once and I stand by that

What do you make of Rooney then? What did you make of Ronaldo? Are your a super big fan of Berbatov or did you not rate Eric? I can't believe anyone can compare Berbatov to Cantona. Cantona led from the front and provided inspiration and killer goals. He won us trophies and was one of the hardest workers for the team. He trained longer than anyone else and it showed. He was immense, Berbatov may yet come good and that's the best you can say about him at the moment.

Unread 20-08-2010, 11:29 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:

What do you make of Rooney then? What did you make of Ronaldo? Are your a super big fan of Berbatov or did you not rate Eric? I can't believe anyone can compare Berbatov to Cantona. Cantona led from the front and provided inspiration and killer goals. He won us trophies and was one of the hardest workers for the team. He trained longer than anyone else and it showed. He was immense, Berbatov may yet come good and that's the best you can say about him at the moment.
From a technical standpoint. Similar in style. Similar in ability too, but ofcourse I'm not comparing the impact of the two players and their importance. That would be silly.

Unread 20-08-2010, 11:33 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
From a technical standpoint. Similar in style. Similar in ability too, but ofcourse I'm not comparing the impact of the two players and their importance. That would be silly.
Thank £#%&! for that.

Unread 20-08-2010, 11:42 AM
Tronics

he should put the imaginative paint brush down and concentrate on scoring goals in BIG games tbh

Unread 20-08-2010, 12:17 PM
redmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
I like the fella as well, hope he comes good and proves all the doubters including me hopelessly wrong.

Unread 20-08-2010, 12:18 PM
Tumescent Throb

Mirror headline fools suggestible #@&%!head shocker

Unread 20-08-2010, 12:20 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Mirror headline fools suggestible #@&%!head shocker
I know, it's a disgrace. Of course we all know who The Mirror is aimed at, tory haters who don't know £#%&! all about politics. I assume you buy it every day.

Unread 20-08-2010, 12:23 PM
andyroo

Quote:
I know, it's a disgrace. Of course we all know who The Mirror is aimed at, tory haters who don't know £#%&! all about politics. I assume you buy it every day.
You were the one who linked to it.

Unread 20-08-2010, 12:25 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
yeah okay Keynes
Closed Thread