Closed Thread

Unread 18-08-2010, 03:37 PM
Coracao

Thumbs up Paul Scholes - The Man Who Would Be King

http://www.just-football.com/2010/08...would-be-king/

Unread 18-08-2010, 03:42 PM
Switching Off

Default Re: Paul Scholes - The Man Who Would Be King

“The best midfielder in the world. He’s what the rest of us aspire to. He can do everything: tackle, pass, score goals.” – Edgar Davids

Announced he's playing on next season aswell, probably been mentioned.

Unread 18-08-2010, 03:44 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
(He) batters the ball in training. Gary Neville was having a piss one day, 45 yards away by a fence. Scholes whacked him right in the arse.” – Sir Alex Ferguson

Unread 18-08-2010, 03:44 PM
red @rmy

Thumbs up Re: Paul Scholes - The Man Who Would Be King

Top read that.

Unread 18-08-2010, 03:55 PM
DerMot

He is the last of his kind. Quiet, understated, humble even, yet brilliant enough to be as arrogant as any other player, ever.

Footballers are almost all @#%&!s now.

Unread 18-08-2010, 04:01 PM
Ginners

he's no modric

Unread 18-08-2010, 04:10 PM
dunk

Thumbs up Re: Paul Scholes - The Man Who Would Be King

He's £#%&!ing ace.

Unread 18-08-2010, 04:25 PM
Menace

Was having an infuriating argument with a Chelsea @#%&! on another forum last night who claimed Scholes was over-rated and never had been world-class.

His argument largely was based on the fallacy that Scholes was forced into international retirement as he wasn't good enough to get in the England side ahead of Lampard and Gerrard.

Surprise, surprise, some City muppet jumped in and started saying that Scholes was a 'decent' player, but not in his top 20 of the last decade.

What's wrong with these people?

Unread 18-08-2010, 04:31 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menace
Was having an infuriating argument with a Chelsea @#%&! on another forum last night who claimed Scholes was over-rated and never had been world-class.

His argument largely was based on the fallacy that Scholes was forced into international retirement as he wasn't good enough to get in the England side ahead of Lampard and Gerrard.

Surprise, surprise, some City muppet jumped in and started saying that Scholes was a 'decent' player, but not in his top 20 of the last decade.

what happened next?

Unread 18-08-2010, 04:32 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
he's no modric
True, doesn't look like he needs a haircut and a decent meal.

Unread 18-08-2010, 04:33 PM
DerMot

Quote:

I actually attended an England game in Portugal (England v France) in which Scholesy started on the left £#%&!ing wing, to accommodate that useless pairing of -ards. Un-£#%&!ing-believable.

I do believe that is why Scolesy retired - cos he was deployed out of position.

Unread 18-08-2010, 04:39 PM
HarkNowHear

A great servant. Tremendous footballer. £#%&! England.

Unread 18-08-2010, 04:40 PM
PaulParkers

I love Scholesy so much I have that picture of him with his willy out on my iphone.

It's not gay if you look at Scholesy's widger.

Unread 18-08-2010, 04:40 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:

Did the Chelski fan in question think that BRAVE JAY TEE was world class??

Now *there's* an over-rated player.........

Unread 18-08-2010, 04:49 PM
Menace

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
what happened next?
I pretty much gave up.

These people have such an ingrained hatred/jealousy of everything United that arguing with them just gets me heated, and it's totally pointless because they're so deluded anyway.

The City @#%&! just started reeling off %@#$&!s about how Scholes is good but never in Xavi and Iniesta's class as he didn't win anything with Ingurland.

I remember the Chelsea #@&%! a few seasons ago moaning his arse off about Giggs winning the PFA Player of the Year.

£#%&!ing @#%&!s.

Unread 18-08-2010, 04:54 PM
DerMot

Quote:
I pretty much gave up.

These people have such an ingrained hatred/jealousy of everything United that arguing with them just gets me heated, and it's totally pointless because they're so deluded anyway.

The City @#%&! just started reeling off %@#$&!s about how Scholes is good but never in Xavi and Iniesta's class as he didn't win anything with Ingurland.

I remember the Chelsea #@&%! a few seasons ago moaning his arse off about Giggs winning the PFA Player of the Year.

£#%&!ing @#%&!s.
I don't know a single City fan who isn't obsessed by hating United, or a single Chelsea fan who isn't a biased @#%&!.

Unread 18-08-2010, 05:02 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Good point that. He's not in Antoine Sibierski's class.

Unread 18-08-2010, 05:20 PM
Sparky***

Can't believe people still insist that international football is the top level and if you've never achieved anything at this level then you're somehow 'no good'.

It's complete bullshit.

Unread 18-08-2010, 05:22 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Can't believe people still insist that international football is the top level and if you've never achieved anything at this level then you're somehow 'no good'.

It's complete bullshit.
"He never did it at the world cup" as if having 6 good games, three or 4 of which will be against poor opposition, at the end of a long season, in a team that you're not used to playing with, probably in a foreign land, possibly a completely different climate, is a prerequisite for being "great".

Unread 18-08-2010, 05:23 PM
Grimson

Quote:

£#%&!ing @#%&!s.
That's a joke because part of the reason he won it was the way he picked Chelsea apart at Old Trafford that season.
Closed Thread