United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-08-2010, 08:18 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Default Re: Carvalho off to Madrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
I remember asking on this site towards end of last season if Terry might be exposed at world cup and told to £#%&! off.

Imho he was at fault for 3 of 4 goals against Germany.
He was totally at fault for 3 of the 4 goals and he might have been responsible for all 4 but I missed one because I nipped outside for a cig.

Ironically the Chelsea fans were booing Rooney on Sunday

Unread 11-08-2010, 08:20 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
He was totally at fault for 3 of the 4 goals and he might have been responsible for all 4 but I missed one because I nipped outside for a cig.

Ironically the Chelsea fans were booing Rooney on Sunday
Yup, England get knockedout conceding 4 goals against Germany with half the England defence being from Chelsea. Chelsea fans boo the centre forward from United.

Unread 11-08-2010, 08:30 AM
Baron

€8m is a steal for Madrid - he's only 31, although he does only appear to play about half of their games a season.

Unread 11-08-2010, 08:34 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
€8m is a steal for Madrid - he's only 31, although he does only appear to play about half of their games a season.
32 intee?

Problem for Chelsea is JT is so poor positionally these days and lacks any pace to make up for it, without Carvalho they lack a player who has the intelligence to make up for him.

Unread 11-08-2010, 08:37 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
32 intee.
Doesn't matter though does it? They need a steady headed centreback who doesn't mind sitting on the bench. I'm made up with this story, for me Carvalho has been their best defending defender for a couple of years.

Unread 11-08-2010, 08:40 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Doesn't matter though does it? They need a steady headed centreback who doesn't mind sitting on the bench. I'm made up with this story, for me Carvalho has been their best defending defender for a couple of years.
Mate of mine's a Chelsea fan and he reckon's he's been hiding how shite JT is for 3 years or more.

Unread 11-08-2010, 08:40 AM
Baron

Quote:
32 intee?

Problem for Chelsea is JT is so poor positionally these days and lacks any pace to make up for it, without Carvalho they lack a player who has the intelligence to make up for him.
oh yeah...

aaaanyways... he's a very good european style defender, a snide @#%&! but if he played for your side you'd probably think he was the %@#$&!s. If Chelsea line up with Terry & Alex at centre half they'll be a few yards deeper than they have been for the last few seasons. Watching Terry against Spurs last season for example when he got sent off trying to cover the space in behind after being dragged out of position yet again was hilarious.

Unread 11-08-2010, 08:45 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Mate of mine's a Chelsea fan and he reckon's he's been hiding how shite JT is for 3 years or more.
Not the first time I've heard that opinion, I remember one bloke from the Guardian postulating the theory that he is only so widely regarded as lionhearted because he has to make so many last ditch tackles because he read a situation wrongly in the first place.

Unread 11-08-2010, 09:45 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Not the first time I've heard that opinion, I remember one bloke from the Guardian postulating the theory that he is only so widely regarded as lionhearted because he has to make so many last ditch tackles because he read a situation wrongly in the first place.
Read Jamie Carragher too, been saying it for £#%&!ing years. Any player who's strong point is last ditch challenging that he does a lot means he's woeful at reading the game. Terry does appear to know where he should be when play becomes condensed around the box though.

Unread 11-08-2010, 09:50 AM
florentino ariza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Read Jamie Carragher too, been saying it for £#%&!ing years. Any player who's strong point is last ditch challenging that he does a lot means he's woeful at reading the game. Terry does appear to know where he should be when play becomes condensed around the box though.
when playing in a chelsea defence that has had makalele, essien et al set up so they are compact and tucked in without the ball has resulted in Terry having to deal with a lot of high crosses from deep in his career. Equally around the box there are generally a great number of bodies

run at the longstocking @#%&! and its a different matter, he can't deal with it. Neither can he deal with intelligent movement and pace, continually gets caught out on the wrong side or drawn towards the ball/action leaving space in behind

Unread 11-08-2010, 09:59 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by florentino ariza
when playing in a chelsea defence that has had makalele, essien et al set up so they are compact and tucked in without the ball has resulted in Terry having to deal with a lot of high crosses from deep in his career. Equally around the box there are generally a great number of bodies

run at the longstocking @#%&! and its a different matter, he can't deal with it. Neither can he deal with intelligent movement and pace, continually gets caught out on the wrong side or drawn towards the ball/action leaving space in behind
Aye, JT/Stevie G school of positioning and off the ball movement. Slowly wander towards the ball and leave plenty of space or if you are showing how proud of your country you are run full pelt at the ball leaving massive gaps behind you. Playing awkward balls to team mates that must be passed back to you preferably within 'Geeeeeeeerrrrrrrraaaaaaaad take a bow son' range

Unread 11-08-2010, 09:59 AM
dunk

Carvalho hasn't really played for the last 2 seasons has he, certainly not consistently?

Not sure Chelsea will miss him half as much as we hope. That Ivanovic is going to be a beast of a central defender.

Unread 11-08-2010, 10:01 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Carvalho hasn't really played for the last 2 seasons has he, certainly not consistently?

Not sure Chelsea will miss him half as much as we hope. That Ivanovic is going to be a beast of a central defender.
I'm not sure how much of a miss he will either, but he will be missed. Easily Chelsea's best defender and I think they will miss him against the big teams.

Terry another year older/slower, hopefully will help as well

Unread 11-08-2010, 10:02 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

Maybe, though I'm nowhere near as sure as you are. Chelsea's problem is JT. i don't see a CB who's suited to playing with him.

Unread 11-08-2010, 10:02 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Maybe, though I'm nowhere near as sure as you are. Chelsea's problem is JT. i don't see a CB who's suited to playing with him.
Carvalho?

Unread 11-08-2010, 10:12 AM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Agree with the JT/Jamie C analogy. Run around a lot making last ditch blocks and tackles looking very red-faced and sweating makes you a much better defender than Rio looking cool calm and collected and he nips around an attacker and brings the ball out and gets called a lazy bastard.

Unread 11-08-2010, 10:38 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
Carvalho?
Well yes, I've heard he might be leaving though, can't remember where?

Unread 11-08-2010, 10:53 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:

Unread 11-08-2010, 11:47 AM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Twitter? Caught offside? Reliable info there.

Unread 11-08-2010, 11:49 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldosgoodallthetime
Twitter? Caught offside? Reliable info there.
Think i read it in some tealeaves, twitter is shite.
Closed Thread