Thumbs up Re: Berbatov drawing a Cantona comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
You were the one who linked to it.
Boom!

Unread 20-08-2010, 01:36 PM
Cream

Default Re: Berbatov drawing a Cantona comparison

he alludes to entertaining the fans, and that's his one saving grace for me. He'll put a bit of training ground fun into a game, and not Nani style either - where it doesn't involve passing to any other @#%&!.

He just looks uncomfortable off the ball. Shoulders always slumped. Like he's got the eyes of the world on him and he knows it. Mind you george best frequently walked around like that...

(T minus 5...)

Unread 20-08-2010, 01:55 PM
DerMot

Might as well have called the article "Berbatov says he is better than sliced bread", as the content has zero connection to the title.

Anyway, I am with the optimists. I have watched his little touches of magic amongst his generally underwhelming performances from close hand since he arrived. Admittedly, I am disappointed with the impact he has made on the team. I saw him initially as a more resilient character, and now my opinion of him has changed. I think he is a sensitive bloke who wants to be accepted by team-mates and fans, and knows that he is not performing well enough to earn that acceptance.

A decent run in the team and a few important goals, and his confidence could boom; then we will have a different player on our hands.

Unread 20-08-2010, 02:03 PM
believe

Unread 20-08-2010, 02:10 PM
carlosartorial

Berbatov needs to up the bants.

Come out for the game on his sit-on lawnmower, accidentally forget to wear shorts......I think additional banter would get most of the doubters on-side tbh.

Unread 20-08-2010, 02:17 PM
MJ Ramone

So Berbatov thinks he's better than Eric does he?

Unread 20-08-2010, 02:20 PM
DerMot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
So Berbatov thinks he's better than Eric does he?
Yep, that's what he says.

Unread 20-08-2010, 02:21 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerMot
Yep, that's what he says.
I know

It's one thing thinking it, but to have it there in black & white is simply unacceptable.

Unread 20-08-2010, 02:23 PM
Sullingtons

I don't mind Berbs and I know it's not his fault, but I haven't seen anything on the pitch to suggest he's like Eric.

I'm not talking about 'style' here.

Unread 20-08-2010, 02:26 PM
DerMot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
I know

It's one thing thinking it, but to have it there in black & white is simply unacceptable.
The arrogant @#%&!.

Unread 20-08-2010, 04:43 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
You were the one who linked to it.
What's that got to do with it? I posted the story, at no point did I say The Mirror was a good paper. I even said in the very first post that Berbatov doesn't even mention Cantona. Is that too difficult for you to follow?

Unread 20-08-2010, 04:50 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
What's that got to do with it? I posted the story, at no point did I say The Mirror was a good paper. I even said in the very first post that Berbatov doesn't even mention Cantona. Is that too difficult for you to follow?
Course not. Just thought it was slightly amusing that you had a pop at someone else for probably reading it, when you're linking to it therefore must actually be reading it...

Unread 20-08-2010, 04:53 PM
Tumescent Throb

the headline has proved to be entirely accurate

Unread 20-08-2010, 05:00 PM
History

Doesnt seem to play like he did at spurs. I have wet dreams over the goal at 2:45. Nearest to the type of goals he scored at spurs is probably his goals against sunderland and blackburn.

Unread 20-08-2010, 08:14 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Get ready to be outraged.

Not once does he compare himself to Cantona. TBF I think that would be the final straw for Scarface,
I hate him. I hate everything about him. From his easy misses to his shit hair.

He's laurent blanc upfront.
Closed Thread