United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-08-2010, 11:46 PM
wonky no

Default Re: Paul Scholes - The Man Who Would Be King

i will cry like a prepubescent girl when he hangs up his boots. what a £#%&!ing pleasure it has been to see that man play.

i used to [thanks malc] sit and just watch him. i missed loads of goals because i was looking at the way he moved. just an amazing player.

Unread 19-08-2010, 11:50 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
i missed loads of goals because i was looking at the way he moved.
that's borderline stalking tbph

Unread 20-08-2010, 01:01 AM
Darth Vidic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menace
Yeah, Batistuta would have become a legend at United.

Still don't understand how any Red can hate Ruud. He was one of the best strikers Fergie has ever had at Old Trafford.

With Rooney behind him we were looking excellent before we flogged him to Madrid.
No we weren't. We struggled to break down teams, he became so static and dare I say lazy. When he went we had a much more mobile attack, with a lot more freedom, especially Ronaldo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menace
We were so good back then.

That midfield of Beckham, Giggs, Scholes and Keane all in their prime would have given Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets a hard time.

Our striking options were stupidly good as well. Cole, Yorke, Sheringham and Ole. We really should have won another European Cup at least with that side.
Hmm, interesting that you say that. In 99 yes, but after that we didn't really do anything did we? Other than a semifinal in 2002, we never got close.

We were a good team but we really needed another ball carrier. Someone who could unlock defences by taking on and dribbling past players. We only had Giggs who could do that, and back then he was operating from out wide. You look at the Madrid team back in those days, and although they neer won it with these players somehow, they had people who could carry the ball all over the pitch - Figo, Ronaldo, Zidane etc.

But Fergie only brought in another great passer (Veron) and a great finisher (Ruud). In the case of the former, we already had the likes of Scholes and Beckham at the club. It was that Ronaldinho type player we lacked, and had to wait to blossom for 3 seasons in the shape of Ronaldo.

For all I've said about Ruud in this post, for me the best performance he put in for us, from a certain point of view (mine ), was away at the Bernabeu in the 3-1 defeat to Madrid. While a lot of those big name players bottled it, he was terrific. Showed a lot of desire, didn't freeze or let his head drop, and got us a thoroughly deserved (on a personal level) goal. Looked like he belonged on that stage, unlike our other players. Fantastic performance

Apparently after the FA cup final against Millwall he gave the MOM award that Sven awarded him () to Ronaldo

But as I said, seemed to turn into a bit of a lazy and moody @#%&! towards the end. A shame he didn't win more as his earlier performances certainly merited it.

Anyway about Scholes, good player isn't he?

Unread 20-08-2010, 11:11 AM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
Top read that.
I thought so as well.

Unread 20-08-2010, 11:15 AM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerMot
He is the last of his kind. Quiet, understated, humble even, yet brilliant enough to be as arrogant as any other player, ever.

Footballers are almost all @#%&!s now.
Agreed, our ginger prince is an undisputed LEGEND!

Unread 20-08-2010, 11:19 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vidic
For all I've said about Ruud in this post, for me the best performance he put in for us, from a certain point of view (mine ), was away at the Bernabeu in the 3-1 defeat to Madrid. While a lot of those big name players bottled it, he was terrific. Showed a lot of desire, didn't freeze or let his head drop, and got us a thoroughly deserved (on a personal level) goal. Looked like he belonged on that stage, unlike our other players. Fantastic performance
O'Shea was actually pretty good in that match as well. Remember that charge up the wing? The moment that launched the song.

But yeah, that was possibly Ruud's finest hour for us even though we lost.

Back to Scholesy. Lord how we're going to miss him.

Unread 20-08-2010, 11:44 AM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vidic
Bob on about that performance. Beckham could have made it 3-2 as well but £#%&!ed it, made his defection to them months later all the more sickening

Unread 20-08-2010, 11:46 AM
Tronics

odd that everyone is riding the Scholesy wave now.

probs got alot to do with players like Xavi and Ineista being so highly thought of

Unread 20-08-2010, 11:48 AM
andyroo

Being so what?

Have they been scrapping while on drugs?
Closed Thread