United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-08-2010, 12:53 AM
safingtons

Default Wasted football talent

I offer you guys Ricardo Quaresma, what a waste of talent, failed at Barca, went back to Portugal and lit things up at Porto, then got a big transfer when Mourinho joined Inter in 2008, but completely failed again.

Lynched out to Besiktas this summer for peanuts and it seems he's found his level.

This guy is still only 26, clearly not up to it mentally. Shame for him, shame for football lovers everywhere. He should have been a star at a top 3 club in Europe. Seems like he needs a whole side built around him and be the main star with all his team mates believing in him 100% to be anything remotely decent.

Unread 19-08-2010, 01:01 AM
bobbledinho

Default Re: Wasted football talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by safingtons

This guy is still only 26, clearly not up to it mentally. Shame for him, shame for football lovers everywhere. He should have been a star at a top 3 club in Europe. Seems like he needs a whole side built around him and be the main star with all his team mates believing in him 100% to be anything remotely decent.
Riquelme springs to mind. Fantastic as long as the team catered for him.

Unread 19-08-2010, 01:09 AM
S/Side.Red

Posted these goals in the Europe thread. World Class. The guy's natural ability is just frightening.

Set up the first last night too:

Unread 19-08-2010, 01:09 AM
Sandman

Unread 19-08-2010, 01:18 AM
Menace

Never rated Quaresma.

Always seemed to me like a player who got found out at the top level.

Not surprised he's ended up in Turkey.

Unread 19-08-2010, 01:20 AM
taff

sonny pike

Unread 19-08-2010, 01:28 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
sonny pike
Long haired tart.

Kluivert for me, same age as Ruud but ended up at £#%&!ing Newcastle, shit driver too, Stan Collymore as well oh and Mohammed Zidan

Most of the ones are due to injury tbf or being ridiculously over hyped by internet kids who confuse Championship Manager and YouTube clips with the ability to play the game.

Most players Pure ever mentioned too.

Unread 19-08-2010, 01:37 AM
Menace

I remember when we were supposedly close to signing Kluivert, just before we got Yorke.

Dodged a bullet there.

Unread 19-08-2010, 07:13 AM
PaulParkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menace
Never rated Quaresma.

Always seemed to me like a player who got found out at the top level.

Not surprised he's ended up in Turkey.
This.

Unread 19-08-2010, 07:15 AM
tony tabletop

Berbatov & Veron.

Unread 19-08-2010, 07:44 AM
PaulParkers

Me. Ian Holloway's most promising youth player at Rovers got injured then in trouble for playing for my mates Sunday league team and after numerous warnings got binned.

Went to Bath City under Paul Bodin and decided I liked playing in my mates team and enjoying the crack afterwards too much. Got %@#$&!ed, promised I wouldn't do it again, next week went out and played in a local sides cup final, scored, name in the paper, found out and sacked.

On a par with the names you've already mentioned?

Unread 19-08-2010, 07:49 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulParkersPubes
Me. Ian Holloway's most promising youth player at Rovers got injured then in trouble for playing for my mates Sunday league team and after numerous warnings got binned.

Went to Bath City under Paul Bodin and decided I liked playing in my mates team and enjoying the crack afterwards too much. Got %@#$&!ed, promised I wouldn't do it again, next week went out and played in a local sides cup final, scored, name in the paper, found out and sacked.

I'll add myself. Aberdeen never took up the option to sign mye at 13 after a year or 2 training with the club after school and on summer and easter holidays.

I just didnt give a £#%&! Knowing what I know now id love to go back to 13 with this mindset. Utd player nailed on

Unread 19-08-2010, 08:53 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menace
I remember when we were supposedly close to signing Kluivert, just before we got Yorke.

Dodged a bullet there.
We were close to signing Kluivert as well as Yorke, IIRC, in what was a strange old summer by United's transfer standards.

Signing him probably would've meant saying adios to Cole or Solskjaer, so a bullet was indeed dodged.

Still would've like to have seen him at OT, I reckon Fergie would've got the best out of him.

Unread 19-08-2010, 08:55 AM
dunk

Quote:

:shakehead:

Deary me, monumental stupidity there.

Unread 19-08-2010, 09:01 AM
PaulParkers

Red face Re: Wasted football talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
:shakehead:

Deary me, monumental stupidity there.
Tell me about it. As Stickman said, if I knew then what I do now things would have been very different.

After Bath I went to Forest Green for a while, followed by Cheltenham (before they got all their money) and Clevedon Town. All the while playing in the same local league team as my mates and my old man (without consent). Great crack but idiotic decision.

Unread 19-08-2010, 09:03 AM
digikal

Ariel Ortega tops it, slightly pity the man if anything.

Unread 19-08-2010, 09:04 AM
dunk

Quote:
Tell me about it. As Stickman said, if I knew then what I do now things would have been very different.

After Bath I went to Forest Green for a while, followed by Cheltenham (before they got all their money) and Clevedon Town. All the while playing in the same local league team as my mates and my old man (without consent). Great crack but idiotic decision.
Shit happens I suppose.

Your dad should've £#%&!ed you off and told you to stop dicking about with that team tbf.

Unread 19-08-2010, 09:05 AM
andyroo

Carlos Tevez.

Unread 19-08-2010, 09:18 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony tabletop
Berbatov & Veron.
Who do you get your 'how to be a total #@&%!' lessons from? just wondering like.

Unread 19-08-2010, 09:27 AM
PaulParkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Shit happens I suppose.

Your dad should've £#%&!ed you off and told you to stop dicking about with that team tbf.
He did a number of times and still gets pissy about it now. On the other hand we still played at a decent level (county league) and there aren't many teams with a father/son combo in them so he enjoyed that.
Closed Thread